The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Liverpool bottleing another title in slow motion.

:lol: Why does it always have to be that teams have bottled things? They've lost one match all season and are up against the best squad the league has ever seen.

This.

They are oncourse for 97 points still.  That isn't bottling a title race ffs.

Surely it doesn't matter how many points they get if they finish second? They were ahead, they're drawing more than the Mackems, they're now behind.

If they now go on to finish second, they've absolutely bottled it. City have been poor lately but have dug out some 1-0 wins rather than draws.

What a load of dribble. This forum has become an absolute joke.

:lol: says forum is shite but adds nothing other than a loose insult with no further insight.

Fuck me, if it's an absolute joke then kindly don't bother and find another one.

The fact that Citeh are getting these ugly 1-0 wins is the sign of a champion team, as opposed to Liverpool being unable to beat their traditional rivals?

Citeh are the better team and will prove it over 38 matches, not 25. Liverpool are very good, and the vagaries of form and scheduling have done them well, but over the season Liverpool challenged well but will ultimately fall short (because they are).

:lol: Why does it always have to be that teams have bottled things? They've lost one match all season and are up against the best squad the league has ever seen.

This.

Surely it doesn't matter how many points they get if they finish second? They were ahead, they're drawing more than the Mackems, they're now behind.

If they now go on to finish second, they've absolutely bottled it. City have been poor lately but have dug out some 1-0 wins rather than draws.

:lol: says forum is s**** but adds nothing other than a loose insult with no further insight.

f*** me, if it's an absolute joke then kindly don't bother and find another one.

Got to agree, no one is forcing you to be on here.

It's a bit of a bottle job considering they had the chance to go 7 points clear a little while ago. Over 90 points would obviously be a tremendous haul but bottling something is kinda relative to the situation. They were in the driving seat and it looks like nerves have got the better of them a few times.

It's a bit of a bottle job considering they had the chance to go 7 points clear a little while ago. Over 90 points would obviously be a tremendous haul but bottling something is kinda relative to the situation. They were in the driving seat and it looks like nerves have got the better of them a few times.

That's it.

I disagree that it’d be nerves.

They play in a tough league. And teams tend to put extra men behind the ball and be more motivated against the top of league team.

They have only conceded 15 goals all season.

Teams are just putting up more of a defensive wall against them now and their  attackers are finding it harder to score.

But they are still in a good position and can still win the league from here. I still fancy city because they are so good, but on paper Liverpool have more favorable fixtures coming up. Their hardest away game will be against us. If we lose our home form then that won’t even be hard for them.

Weren’t Liverpool 10 points clear? Or 7?

7. They had the chance to go 10 points clear when they played City in January and lost.

I thought Liverpool "bottled" that game, i.e., they played an unambitious, uncreative midfield three that prevented them from exposing what defensive failings City have. Maybe it set the tone for what has happened since, I don't watch closely enough, but it was weak and a million miles from anything I would call "heavy metal football". It was a chance to put the boot on the neck and they lost the game without trying to take it.

The great "bottle job" the press never talk about was when Ferguson let City win the PL the first time. Four games to play, Man U are five points ahead of Man City and get this, 4-2 up against Everton in match #35. They then give away 2 goals and 2 points in ten minutes and then lose to City with an ultradefensive lineup and barely a shot on target in a derby match. I think it could have taken City much longer to make that final step up without Ferguson (Ferguson! Not Moyes, Not Van Gaal) opening the door in this way.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/premier-league/18-april-2012/

Weren’t Liverpool 10 points clear? Or 7?

7. They had the chance to go 10 points clear when they played City in January and lost.

I thought Liverpool "bottled" that game, i.e., they played an unambitious, uncreative midfield three that prevented them from exposing what defensive failings City have. Maybe it set the tone for what has happened since, I don't watch closely enough, but it was weak and a million miles from anything I would call "heavy metal football". It was a chance to put the boot on the neck and they lost the game without trying to take it.

The great "bottle job" the press never talk about was when Ferguson let City win the PL the first time. Four games to play, Man U are five points ahead of Man City and get this, 4-2 up against Everton in match #35. They then give away 2 goals and 2 points in ten minutes and then lose to City with an ultradefensive lineup and barely a shot on target in a derby match. I think it could have taken City much longer to make that final step up without Ferguson (Ferguson! Not Moyes, Not Van Gaal) opening the door in this way.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/premier-league/18-april-2012/

Seems mad to see us so high up that season, so close to the cl. Really liked the team then aswel-

Despite Danny Guthrie playing far too much!

Was that the year that only 3 got in the champions league from the league because

Chelsea won it?

Think Arsene Wenger is the biggest bottle job in PL history. should have at least won one title in the last 10 years. 10-11 the 4-4 killed them. Were in control for large parts of the 13-14 season but got thrashed numerous times. 15-16 could have easily been theirs. Bottled the Suarez transfer, bottled the Kante transfer and so many other moves that would have made their squad better. 

Guest firetotheworks

This.

:lol: says forum is s**** but adds nothing other than a loose insult with no further insight.

f*** me, if it's an absolute joke then kindly don't bother and find another one.

I'm not sure what needs to be added other than it's a ludicrous opinion. Liverpool are on course to get 97 ish points with one match lost all season and the narrative isn't 'Woah, whoever's top must be ridiculous' it's that the team that would win the league comfortably with 95+ points in any season pre-2017/18 have 'bottled it.' :lol: It's just daft, you're talking potentially bettering Chelsea 04/05 points tally and still not winning the league, that's not bottling it it's just that the standards have become obscene since last season.

Not abundantly clear from your earlier post tbf KI :lol:

I think you're half right as both things can be true IMO. I think it's possible to amass an almighty haul of points (which is obviously seriously laudable) and still be able to bottle it, if you are far enough ahead of your rivals with straight-forward fixtures etc etc. I don't think Liverpool have ever been in a position I'd call comfy though.

Guest neesy111

There's a big difference between bottling it and just having an inevitable dip in form in a season.  It'll suit them better chasing imo.

Suits people's agendas to call it a bottle job though.

Think Arsene Wenger is the biggest bottle job in PL history. should have at least won one title in the last 10 years. 10-11 the 4-4 killed them. Were in control for large parts of the 13-14 season but got thrashed numerous times. 15-16 could have easily been theirs. Bottled the Suarez transfer, bottled the Kante transfer and so many other moves that would have made their squad better.

They didn’t bottle the Suarez transfer. Liverpool literally broke the rules to keep him

This.

I'm not sure what needs to be added other than it's a ludicrous opinion. Liverpool are on course to get 97 ish points with one match lost all season and the narrative isn't 'Woah, whoever's top must be ridiculous' it's that the team that would win the league comfortably with 95+ points in any season pre-2017/18 have 'bottled it.' :lol: It's just daft, you're talking potentially bettering Chelsea 04/05 points tally and still not winning the league, that's not bottling it it's just that the standards have become obscene since last season.

I still don't agree. Any team with such a lead which they then throw away by dropping points will be seen a bottle jobs, the quality of the league/other teams is not really relevant.

Guest firetotheworks

This.

I still don't agree. Any team with such a lead which they then throw away by dropping points will be seen a bottle jobs, the quality of the league/other teams is not really relevant.

:lol: Such a ridiculous opinion

This.

:lol: Such a ridiculous opinion

No need to be a twat about it, we just don't agree about this. :thup:

To clarify a bit more I think in 5 or 6 years time when people look back at this season, both "blimey the team finishing 2nd had 90-97 points that's incredble" and "Man City/Liverpool bottled it by throwing away some easy games towards the end" will both be widely broadcast opinions.

Guest firetotheworks

Dunno if drawing away to Leicester, West Ham, Man United, and Everton are easy fixtures thrown away like - they're all very good Premier League teams. All of their away games (barring possibly us and Southampton) look much easier though.