Newcastle United vs Burnley - 31/01/18 @ 19:45

xLiaaamx

Wrong. We're much worse without him in the team.

Very open to debate that.

Maybe so. But one of the primary roles as a central midfielder is passing the ball forward, especially when we lack creativity from our forwards. He's not only the most capable at that out of everyone in our team (by a mile), but he's actually one of the most capable at it in the league despite how much some hate to hear it.

I just really really dislike him and find his current contribution to be fairly useless on the main. Much rather just use Merino and hopefully one day sell Shelvey. Waste of talent.

But if Merino is unfit, which is he is - then Shelvey is clearly the best option we have. I'd argue that fact even if Merino was fit. I've said it a million times and am sick of the sound of my own voice, but he's one of few with genuine quality (visible today) and to want him out is madness in our current situation/position.

Agree. Merino and Shelvey on the pitch might actually sometimes allow us to look like a football team. It shouldn't be one or the other. They aren't even similar in the role they play

Yup.

I have a worry that Rafa will resort to his defensive set up, it'll let them get into the game if they have the ball. While i don't want us to go all out, i would like us to dictate the game if possible, not be dictated to.

Darlow

Yedlin Lascelles  Mbemba  Kenedy

Shelvey    Merino

Murphy        Perez            Atsu

Mitro

ATTACK  ATTACK  ATTACK

What i would like to see if they are all fit. If Mitro can´t play i would replace with Gayle or move Perez on top with Luna behind....oh, sorry i mean Diame the Beast -  The Goal & Assist Machine!

Guest reefatoon

Struggling to give two fucks about this if I am honest. Since the predictable collapse of the takeover I have went back to just not caring. Even having Rafa can’t seem to change my mood, as having him in charge but not giving him the tools to do his job is absolutely pointless in him being here.The club is a pile of shite and is just an empty husk until fat twat leaves, but that ain’t happening. Really didn’t give a shit about today’s result either, but that might have just been all the gin I had last night making me a right miserable cunt today.

Guest reefatoon

I've heard this a lot lately and I must admit Gin never makes me miserable

Bully for you. Might have been all the beers I washed the gin down with too. Fucking hanging today.

Struggling to give two f***s about this if I am honest. Since the predictable collapse of the takeover I have went back to just not caring. Even having Rafa can’t seem to change my mood, as having him in charge but not giving him the tools to do his job is absolutely pointless in him being here.The club is a pile of s**** and is just an empty husk until fat t*** leaves, but that ain’t happening. Really didn’t give a s*** about today’s result either, but that might have just been all the gin I had last night making me a right miserable c*** today.

Are you sure? The fact you’ve bothered to post in this thread would suggest otherwise. We’re all disappointed/massively p*ssed offf with how things have turned out recently but the fact is you do still care even if you’d rather not.

Haven't won a home league game since we beat a then seriously struggling crystal palace side, back in October 2017.

Already people predicting wins.  :lol:

14 games left and we need to find around 17 points. But we have only managed 23 points from 24 games, due to dismal home form.

I dont really expect much from this, Burnley are organised and aggressive men v boys type stuff im expecting.

Hopefully im surprised and we find a way to win home games in 2018. Not going to hold out for much different, we tend to be set up to play slightly negative defensive shoddy countering stuff, its hardly going to shift into gung ho Keegan football overnight.

Anything except a loss would be something.

Guest firetotheworks

I know everyone would probably be pissed off with it as a result, but I'd snap your hands off for a draw. I've got this one down as a defeat.

Guest firetotheworks

8 games without a win for Burnley

That means absolutely nothing when it comes to us.

It's 7, no?

Anyway, context. Their losses in that run were against Man City, Man United, Liverpool, and Palace. With draws against Man United (played them twice), Brighton, Huddersfield.

They concede very few, which shouldn't be a problem against us, and score very few. 0-0 or 0-1 Burnley written all over it.

It's 7, no?

Anyway, context. Their losses in that run were against Man City, Man United, Liverpool, and Palace. With draws against Man United (played them twice), Brighton, Huddersfield.

They concede very few, which shouldn't be a problem against us, and score very few. 0-0 or 0-1 Burnley written all over it.

Nah, it's 8, you've missed out Spurs

Guest firetotheworks

It's 7, no?

Nah, it's 8, you've missed out Spurs

Ah yes. :thup: Still though, no really terrible results in their bad run.

Can't believe we haven't won at home in the league since Palace on the 21st of fucking October.

Need to turn that around or we're going down. Not convinced we will either, if a team turns up at our place and puts defence first we have no answer to it.