Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

I wasn't overly worried about him being keeper whilst Pope is out

However the last two games have shown either we've improved beyond his level and/or he's gotten worse in the last 18 months where he hasn't been playing 

I'm not even sure Karius is the answer but in January it's something we should be looking to address 

40 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Pot calling kettle.

I'm a thick bastard, righteo.

I don't throw decent servants to the club under the bus like pathetic internet warriors like yourself.

Not a Dubravka hater (thought he’s clearly way out his depth in this version of NUFC) but what makes him a decent servant? He stayed for years because no on else wanted him then ran off to sit on Man U’s bench.

4 minutes ago, Decky said:

I'm not sure what our options are because Pope is coming back like so I wouldn't want us spending too much on a keeper who is going to sit on the bench forever from March. 

There are some shouts that Pope has a ceiling too, like. Wouldn't dare get rid of him as he's class but finding some better competition is no bad thing.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

There are some shouts that Pope has a ceiling too, like. Wouldn't dare get rid of him as he's class but finding some better competition is no bad thing.

For me we need to be looking at getting in a number 1 goalkeeper putting pope as backup and binning the other 3 useless fuckers

You can't under estimate the importance of having a top drawer keeper all of the top teams have one and always have in days gone past. Not having a Schmeichel or a Seaman or a Flowers was the reason we didn't win the league in 96 with any of them 3 we would have

10 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

For me we need to be looking at getting in a number 1 goalkeeper putting pope as backup and binning the other 3 useless fuckers

You can't under estimate the importance of having a top drawer keeper all of the top teams have one and always have in days gone past. Not having a Schmeichel or a Seaman or a Flowers was the reason we didn't win the league in 96 with any of them 3 we would have

You think Pope would be happy to sit on the bench after how big of a part he’s played for us? It’s not that simple. Plenty of reactionary posts tonight.. 

Just now, Nine said:

You think Pope would be happy to sit on the bench after how big of a part he’s played for us? It’s not that simple. Plenty of reactionary posts tonight.. 

Pope like had been discussed on here has a ceiling and ultimately will need replaced. His shot stopping is excellent but with the ball at his feet he's a heart in mouth keeper

25 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

We've got 4 keepers and 3 of them are absolutely shit

All 3 should be gone in the summer in fairness. I mean what even is the point in Gillespie surely a 4th choice keeper is the kid from the U23 side

Did you forget about Jak Alnwick?

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

It’s super hard to find a goalkeeper beater than Pope.  In my books - there’s only 1 GK definitively better than Pope in the PL - Allison.  The rest? I wouldn’t swap Pope for any.  

That Vicario was flapping at everything we put under him. He’s a good keeper. He’s not better than Pope.   

Come on man Ederson is better than pope too and so too is Emi Martinez and as much as we hate to admit it theres a couple of English keepers ahead of him who get picked in the squad

9 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

Come on man Ederson is better than pope too and so too is Emi Martinez and as much as we hate to admit it theres a couple of English keepers ahead of him who get picked in the squad

I don't agree that Ederson is better unless you place too much value on a keeper's ability to kick a ball (which most people do tbf).