Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

8 minutes ago, Beth said:

I couldn't catch a cold as a keeper but still know the first rule of keeping is if you come for the ball you don't change your mind half way through.

I mean, if you start coming for the ball and know you're not going to make it, it's fucking stupid just to keep going to save face like. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I mean, if you start coming for the ball and know you're not going to make it, it's fucking stupid just to keep going to save face like. :lol:

But you've missed the point though. Nine times out of ten when you realise you're not going to make it you're not going to get back into position in time either.

1 minute ago, Beth said:

But you've missed the point though. Nine times out of ten when you realise you're not going to make it you're not going to get back into position in time either.

But at least you've got a chance to get back and make a save, rather than commit to a ball you're not going to make and miss out completely. 

45 minutes ago, Beth said:

Could he have done better for the first two goals today or am I being a twat?

No. A pretty routine save pushed right into the danger zone is up there with leaving the near post unguarded in terms of poor goalkeeping. Expect it will be pointed out in the reviews/commentaries.

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Feel like he should have come out on the first goal. 

In general he's fine, but I'm not sure he's made a single save out of the ordinary this season.

He made a really good one last week at Fulham. And one at Sunderland

And he was brilliant against Liverpool

I don’t know what people expect. He’s a solid keeper. Don’t expect him to make the level of saves Pope makes or come far enough off his line to take the pressure off the defence like Pope. It’s not in him. 

8 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He made a really good one last week at Fulham. And one at Sunderland

And he was brilliant against Liverpool

:thup: Forgot he was good at Liverpool since we shipped four anyway. Two other examples in 13 games not great.

He's definitely not our main problem at the back though.

6 hours ago, Beth said:

I couldn't catch a cold as a keeper but still know the first rule of keeping is if you come for the ball you don't change your mind half way through.

I agree. His biggest weakness is indecision. I think he is a solid #2 keeper at this stage. 

13 hours ago, Beth said:

Defo, it's the instinctive qualities that makes the difference

Like a Subbuteo keeper normally, but decides to hare off his line when he should have stayed put.

Second one he can do nowt about but we just seem to concede loads when he plays whether he's directly at fault or not.