Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Dubravka was a bit of a revelation when he first came here and contributed lots when, at the time many thought we didn't really need a new keeper.

But I do think that, as well as being a bit rusty recently, he just doesn't suit our style of play now - nobody's fault, it happens.

Under Rafa we tended to sit back more, so his shot stopping and then onward distribution were pretty key.

Now, we need a keeper who comes off his line more than Dubs is used to or comfortable with. That makes him look worse than he would be in a different set up, and probably hits his confidence at the same time. As well as clearly being second choice here when Pope is fit.

Then there was the Man U loan, probably as a result of being second choice where he basically then didn't play either, which set him back further.

I'm sure he could do a job somewhere and if that's Celtic, then great for all concerned.

Edited by Abacus

Apparently said this when asked about our move for Trafford.

"If I'm honest, I don't care what happens anymore. I defended my place and did my best for the Club. If they decide to bring someone else, I won't influence it anymore. This is going on aside at the moment, I'm trying to concentrate on the national team now. I leave the rest out of my head."

7 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Apparently said this when asked about our move for Trafford.

"If I'm honest, I don't care what happens anymore. I defended my place and did my best for the Club. If they decide to bring someone else, I won't influence it anymore. This is going on aside at the moment, I'm trying to concentrate on the national team now. I leave the rest out of my head."

Whereabouts was this published?