Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

3 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

He's absolutely not good enough. Don't fancy him as our future back up, but then where do you start with back up keepers? they're back up for a reason, you can hardly have two solid keepers competing for the number 1 shirt, it just doesn't work.

At least have a goalkeeper that can dive for the ball and actually expand their body in doing so. A goalkeeper who isn’t rooted to his six yard box. A goalkeeper who can judge a cross. A goalkeeper who isn’t a treacherous cunt. 

Honestly, at this point we might as well risk Pope for the last game, he's on the bench for a reason, I know we probably wanted to keep him away from the game until after the summer to give him time to fully heal but today just pinpoints why Dubz will never be good enough at this level.

Just now, Danh1 said:

At least have a goalkeeper that can dive for the ball and actually expand their body in doing so. A goalkeeper who isn’t rooted to his six yard box. A goalkeeper who can judge a cross. A goalkeeper who isn’t a treacherous cunt. 

Jesus, I wasn't meaning he's our answer, but does Pope drop down the pecking order to backup, and we try for Ramsdale, or do we face the challenge of locating a good back up to Pope?

I did rate Muric at Burnley who could be a decent backup. 

Pope should have started the last two games. How can a keeper be fit enough to be on the bench but not to start? He has to go.

Next season should be Pope>New keeper>Gillespie>U21 keeper.

17 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Jesus, I wasn't meaning he's our answer, but does Pope drop down the pecking order to backup, and we try for Ramsdale, or do we face the challenge of locating a good back up to Pope?

I did rate Muric at Burnley who could be a decent backup. 

Didn’t mean to come across that I was being a dickhead to you :lol:

Personally I’d be happy to sign a new keeper. If we do go with Pope, at least sign someone capable of being back up. Someone young and upcoming. No idea who, admittedly, but certainly not Dumbo. 

1 hour ago, midds said:

Completely finished. He's served his purpose in his first 3 years and now he's another liability and needs to be moved on, he's costing us goals and points on a regular basis, get him out asap

this ^ - no wonder Karius is off with Dubs keeping him on the bench. 

Just watched the goals back, he should be doing better for goal two and definitely for goal three. Any decent championship keeper wouldn’t be letting in goal three, but he’s definitely got a problem with those low shots to his right.

TBH he should have been punted just being such a bottler when he demanded out of the club originally. 

I guess it wasn't a priority because we just assumed Pope would play every game, but still.

That 3rd goal so crap. Just a basic shot, where you can look at Burn/Hall, but end of day, it’s pushing striker out wide, onto his weaker foot, with a shot lacking real power and near central, yet it’s beaten the keeper :D 

How many times did he push it out into dangerous areas too last night? Just feels like he will throw one in every game, which is no good as a keeper, even as back up. On top off, he doesn’t come off his line. 

Just get him gone on loan at worse with some wages covered.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Agreed with the Man U sentiments. Really not had any connection with him since the loan.

I actively dislike him since then TBH. I know these principles are very flexible in football, but for me he should never have played for us again. 

Helps he's been shit mind, admittedly I would've probably forgiven him if he'd been mint :lol:

Besides the goals, he was so poor at flapping shots straight at him into danger

Just really poor keeping, but all accounts. 

No confidence

The incident where he allowed Krafth to head that ball behind for a corner instead of coming to get it was ridiculous. Clear he has no instinct for coming out and his defenders think he won’t act decisively. 

It’s like he thinks the goal is the size of an ice hockey goal. Even then he’s always too slow to get down and his movement and such looks awkward. 

He's shite. Has been since he rick at the euros or wc (can't remember the tourney) 

We need a clear out of keepers (keep pope) and coaches. Not seen any keeper develop at the club since Krul. 

2 hours ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Bloke has declined so badly this season, absolutely not good enough to be anywhere near our team, ideal scenario is he goes and we bring in a new No1 for Pope to fight it out with.

You say that but Man U didn’t want him anywhere near their team last season, Howe replaced him basically first chance he got, and under Bruce I never saw a goalkeeper remotely better than lower half of the table. 

He’s shit, and I’m angry we’ve persisted with him for more than half a season when most of us had it sussed in December that we couldn’t afford to see out the season with him saving fuck all / staying glued to his line.