Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

Will be the only one mentioned despite those in front of him being utter shit as well :lol:

Even that 3rd that Dubs wasn't good on...we let two Man United players WALK 20 yards and have a shot, no closing down or pressure.

I mean. You can take your pick on who gets deserved stick tonight. Isak was woeful and bottled some chances IMO. Longstaff non-existent and then wasted a quality chance. I mean, the midfield was non-existent most of the game. Trippier was the worst player on the pitch…. I could go on. 

But when Dubravka is chucking in a goal every other game and generally looking shaky, with the defence not trusting him at all. It gets a bit tiresome. 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

I mean. You can take your pick on who gets deserved stick tonight. Isak was woeful and bottled some chances IMO. Longstaff non-existent and then wasted a quality chance. I mean, the midfield was non-existent most of the game. Trippier was the worst player on the pitch…. I could go on. 

But when Dubravka is chucking in a goal every other game and generally looking shaky, with the defence not trusting him at all. It gets a bit tiresome. 

This keeps being said but how can he trust them when they are so shit as well?

They literally let every team walk towards our goal, barely putting tackles in.

11 minutes ago, Aiston said:

This keeps being said but how can he trust them when they are so shit as well?

They literally let every team walk towards our goal, barely putting tackles in.

I’m not debating whether or not our makeshift back 4 is any good. Or if they get protection from the midfield, which they don’t. 

I’m pointing out that they don’t trust him. Ironically, Dubravka’s sweeping was actually ok for once. But they play miles deeper as he’s rooted to his line. When he does come he is hesitant.

They always want to hack it clear even when it would be the keeper’s ball 80-90% of the time. 

We seem to position ourselves deeper from set pieces. As he isn’t comfortable coming to collect the high ball and stays in his 6 yard box. 

Is it not obvious that they don’t trust him? It’s the same every week. 

I'll never understand why Pope was on the bench last few games. His shoulder is fixed or it isn't. If it isn't then Karius should be the next choice.

46 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Why didn’t Pope start? 

A key question. Psychology? Fitness? Howe being over conservative?

Posted (edited)

Hate to pile on individual, nut he's absolutely dreadful.

The drop in quality from Pope has cost us so many points.

Edited by The Prophet

Posted (edited)

I have to be completely honest like, it was completely over for me with him when he went to Man United on loan. I feel like I've given him credit where it's due since then, but the way he went there was a watershed moment for me and I just haven't liked him since. Probably a bit childish, but I can't help it. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Completely finished. He's served his purpose in his first 3 years and now he's another liability and needs to be moved on, he's costing us goals and points on a regular basis, get him out asap

Dreadful tonight. Third goal was an easy save and an argument he should have had the second too. Ive no idea what some of the saves were about, pushing them back out into danger. He’s done.

Pope has to start on Sunday, and if he's not fit enough to start, then Karius.

I don't dislike the guy but he's flapped at every ball that's come near him for the last month, and he wasn't great before that.

Did well for us for a few years when first brought in, thanks for the service, welcome back to visit after you've retired etc., but time to say goodbye 

It’s hard to put it into numbers but - no exaggeration - I’m pretty certain we’d be comfortably above Villa if Pope hadn’t been injured. 

Twilight Steve Harper levels of timber for the 3rd goal

Nah this guy is definitely past his sell date. Thanks for being decent for us during a shit time tho.

He's absolutely not good enough. Don't fancy him as our future back up, but then where do you start with back up keepers? they're back up for a reason, you can hardly have two solid keepers competing for the number 1 shirt, it just doesn't work.