Islam Slimani - Returned to Leicester

Figures 1-0 Football

Pre-Leicester he was lethal.

In Portugal, that's about as relevant as Mitrovic scoring goals for Anderlecht. This is the sort of stuff i'm talking about, a lot of the expectations are based on practically nothing.

Just don't be surprised if you get disappointed is all i'm saying.

He's record for Algeria is decent, like. But I understand the scepticism of his time at Sporting.

Pre-Leicester he was lethal.

In Portugal, that's about as relevant as Mitrovic scoring goals for Anderlecht. This is the sort of stuff i'm talking about, a lot of the expectations are based on practically nothing.

Just don't be surprised if you get disappointed is all i'm saying.

He's record for Algeria is decent, like. But I understand the scepticism of his time at Sporting.

Sure, me too. But like I said, unless we were going to sign someone with a great PL record we had to take some sort of risk.

Pre-Leicester he was lethal. If he’s hungry to prove himself and Rafa actually wanted him it could work out very well.

Still riskier than spending £30m on someone guaranteed to score, but we knew that already.

Was there even anyone available for £30m who could be guaranteed to score goals? We were quoted £20m for Jorgensen and he wasn't guaranteeing anything. :lol:

Imo unless you're signing Lionel Messi there's no such thing as a player who will guarantee goals. There's a multitude of reasons why players might not hit form at a new club despite doing well for the former clubs. Messi is the only player in world football who transcends that.

Pre-Leicester he was lethal. If he’s hungry to prove himself and Rafa actually wanted him it could work out very well.

Still riskier than spending £30m on someone guaranteed to score, but we knew that already.

Was there even anyone available for £30m who could be guaranteed to score goals? We were quoted £20m for Jorgensen and he wasn't guaranteeing anything. :lol:

Imo unless you're signing Lionel Messi there's no such thing as a player who will guarantee goals. There's a multitude of reasons why players might not hit form at a new club despite doing well for the former clubs. Messi is the only player in world football who transcends that.

Spot on.

The nearest you can get to guaranteed goals is someone who's done it in the Premier already. So we are talking Sturridge, Kane, Vardy and so on. Then at a lower level, you could go for Austin or Ings, players who have shown they can score goals in a limited period. Most strikers coming from abroad will have a question mark over them if their record is based on minor leagues. Maybe someone like Gameiro would be a good punt as the French league is pretty good defensively.

Will £30m get you someone guaranteed to score?  It's not much more than Slimani cost Leicester in the first place.

End of the day, if you are an opposing CB, would you rather play against Gayselu or 6"2, 14 stone, Slimani?

He's presence alone means other teams actually have to be wary rather than comatosed.

Any need for the homophobia?

End of the day, if you are an opposing CB, would you rather play against Gayselu or 6"2, 14 stone, Slimani?

He's presence alone means other teams actually have to be wary rather than comatosed.

Dude chill out :lol:

:spit:

The biggest positive is if he wasn’t too far down Rafa’s list. Rafa will already know his game inside out and knowing exactly how to slot him in.

Just a shame there’s so little time and so much at stake.

We tried signing him under McClaren too.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/newcastle-have-e20m-offer-rejected-for-islam-slimani/

Guest Howaythetoon

Know nowt of him, but he cannot be worse than Joselu. He needs to start scoring goals though or improve our attacking play massively.