Islam Slimani - Returned to Leicester

Figures 1-0 Football

Rafa Benitez is confident that Islam Slimani will be fit to face Manchester United next weekend.

The £29million striker - currently on loan from Leicester City until the end of the season - wasn’t deemed fit enough for a place in the squad against Crystal Palace due to a thigh problem.

But Benitez does not expect him to miss many more games and after the 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace, the former Real Madrid boss said: “He was not ready.

“He was training on Saturday, he will train tomorrow, and he will have a chance for next Sunday.

“He must compete, like Dubravka and Kenedy.”

Rafa Benitez is confident that Islam Slimani will be fit to face Manchester United next weekend.

The £29million striker - currently on loan from Leicester City until the end of the season - wasn’t deemed fit enough for a place in the squad against Crystal Palace due to a thigh problem.

But Benitez does not expect him to miss many more games and after the 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace, the former Real Madrid boss said: “He was not ready.

“He was training on Saturday, he will train tomorrow, and he will have a chance for next Sunday.

“He must compete, like Dubravka and Kenedy.”

I.e. if he's fit, hes a shoe in. There's no competition for him.

I hope he plays, feels like a 75% fit Slimani is going to be far better than Gayle of Joselu.

Make it an one-legged Slimani and he would still prolly do better...

In fact Plumpani would be a starter ahead of Joselu

Scary how short our attacks are. 9 times out of 10 the fucking ball comes back straight away because the lack of quality. Too many players that don't belong in the PL. And how fucking awful are we at winning the ball, especially 2nd balls.

Scary how short our attacks are. 9 times out of 10 the f***ing ball comes back straight away because the lack of quality. Too many players that don't belong in the PL. And how f***ing awful are we at winning the ball, especially 2nd balls.

i've said it time and time again that our players' 1st touch are incredibly woeful and we lose any 2nd balls that are contested. i also find it weird how we don't have players around the edge of the box during corners. Last time i remember we scored from the edge of the box when the ball was clear from a corner was Tiote against Arsenal.

Was Wanyama's thunderbolt yesterday after  a corner?

I know we all want to see him, but I'd just bring him back for Bournemouth. I'd rather not risk him in a guaranteed loss.

How far do we take this thinking though? Is it just him, or do we suddenly say, well Diame and Lascelles are needed, lets not use them either? Can't afford to lose Kenedy's trickery and set pieces, better leave him out too.

Unless he's unfit or the doctors think there's some huge risk of re-occurance, he needs to be involved I'd say. Need to be looking at taking unlikely points now, can't just play for selective games anymore, we've wasted too many to do that.

So have i but i still expect to win one sometime, so why not against them. On their day they can be terrible, so if that happens we might take advantage. At this stage nothing is a guaranteed loss, we have to go for everything.

I know we all want to see him, but I'd just bring him back for Bournemouth. I'd rather not risk him in a guaranteed loss.

That's the spirit  :lol:

I've seen our home form.

Bristol City and Huddersfield beat them, we can do it too.

Not saying that we are going to beat them.

We're not going to get anywhere if the team enters any match with a "We're just going to lose anyway" mentality.

Maybe it would be better to have Slimani on the bench and throw him in if he is needed depending on how the match is going.

Not saying that we are going to beat them.

We're not going to get anywhere if the team enters any match with a "We're just going to lose anyway" mentality.

<b>Maybe it would be better to have Slimani on the bench and throw him in if he is needed</b> depending on how the match is going.

Yup. Infinitely preferable and more effective to wait until we're 3 down, having missed several presentable chances earlier on because the rest of our strikers can't hit a f***ing barn door. Genius strategy  :thup:

Sounds like he’s not just here to dick around for a few months and he actually wants to stay, good news if he’s genuine.  His form and the amount of goals he scores will play a big part in how the season pans out for us.