Islam Slimani - Returned to Leicester

Figures 1-0 Football

Take it there's been no talk of an option or obligation to buy?

If hes scoring goals and keeps us up. Signing him will become fairly easy, I would have thought.

Not if Leicester want to recoup what they bought him for

Honestly thinking back over the season till now, we’ve literally created some very clear cut chances in mostly all of these matches that our strikers have missed point blank that have been fluffed, tamely hit, wide or over.  Slimani should have a field day assuming his movement is anywhere as competent as I think it should be. Can see him getting close to double digits if he plays 10 matches. Honestly hope his injury was over dramatic and he’s on bench Sunday and starting following week.

I think having someone the players actually have confidence in up top can give a boost to the rest as well mind so not quite as simple as that.

:thup: we haven’t had a problem creating chances. It works the other way as well, if the delivery and through balls are constantly s***, the striker will stop making those key runs and getting into key positions etc.

I think having someone the players actually have confidence in up top can give a boost to the rest as well mind so not quite as simple as that.

That's going to be a massive factor. That was one reason I was pleased when I thought Sturridge was signing, it lifts the whole side when they know there's someone who'll score goals and win games from nothing.

I'm feeling uneasy about this. There's going to be way too much expectation on his shoulders.

Aye mainly because he's done nothing in England to be worthy of such expectations.

I'm personally expecting very little but he can't be worse than Joselu :lol:

8 goals in 15 starts and 20 sub apps since he came here.

7 goals in 40 starts and 14 sub apps between Joselu & Gayle this season.

Worth rolling the dice like.

Personally think it's a bit harsh to say you're expecting little. Leicester wasn't the right fit for him. Hard to have someone of his profile leading the line when your gameplan is having Vardy on the shoulder of the last defender and playing the ball over the top for him. Maybe Leicester were expecting him to go to Arsenal that summer and were leaning towards a change of style, which obviously didn't happen?

For us when we want a striker who's basically going to be the best player in the team and aimed towards giving him service, I think he's going to be brilliant.

Pre-Leicester he was lethal.

In Portugal, that's about as relevant as Mitrovic scoring goals for Anderlecht. This is the sort of stuff i'm talking about, a lot of the expectations are based on practically nothing.

Just don't be surprised if you get disappointed is all i'm saying.

Slim seems like a really switched on guy going off the interview we conducted with him yesterday. I'm really excited about having him here and just have this feeling he will score plenty before the end of the season. We are already playing in a way which suits him more than Leicester ever did, and I'm sure Rafa will make slight tweaks to really see him flourish leading the line for us.

Not sure we could have done better in terms of signing a striker in January than him.

Pre-Leicester he was lethal. If he’s hungry to prove himself and Rafa actually wanted him it could work out very well.

Still riskier than spending £30m on someone guaranteed to score, but we knew that already.

Was there even anyone available for £30m who could be guaranteed to score goals? We were quoted £20m for Jorgensen and he wasn't guaranteeing anything. :lol: