Islam Slimani - Returned to Leicester

Figures 1-0 Football

Yeah. £27million for a 26 year old. 2 good seasons and he'll be a £50-60 million player. 2 good seasons from Slimani and we'll be looking to get him off the wage bill. Why do you think Chelsea only gave Giroud an 18 month contract?

by your own fucking logic this obviously won't be the case :lol:

can't understand the mentality and lack of understanding of where we are as a club - ok if we get taken over we might be in a position to splash £40m on a 23/24 year old striker...as it is we have a 23/24 year old striker our manager doesn't want and a 29 year old striker that he might

our owner remains mike ashley, if you offered me the chance to swap mitro for slimani tomorrow with rafa as manager i'd take it without batting an eyelid, then when he's 32 years old and presumably no longer able to walk because of how old he is, we can reassess where we are

Whilst it is harsh to judge such few and short run outs. The try before you buy may have helped us especially as i dont think he is out 20millions plus player answer to our problems based on age and fee and likely wages.

Who would be our £20million plus player answer to our problems? I was thinking last night, if we don't buy this guy it will be hard to get someone with similar attributes for that sort of money.

:thup: very, very hard unless we maybe loan a promising young player from somewhere or rafa has a ridiculous ace up his sleeve

Yeah. £27million for a 26 year old. 2 good seasons and he'll be a £50-60 million player. 2 good seasons from Slimani and we'll be looking to get him off the wage bill. Why do you think Chelsea only gave Giroud an 18 month contract?

can't understand the mentality and lack of understanding of where we are as a club - ok if we get taken over we might be in a position to splash £40m on a 23/24 year old striker...as it is we have a 23/24 year old striker our manager doesn't want and a 29 year old striker that he might

our owner remains mike ashley, if you offered me the chance to swap mitro for slimani tomorrow with rafa as manager i'd take it without batting an eyelid, then when he's 32 years old and presumably no longer able to walk because of how old he is, we can reassess where we are

Why wait until then to re-assess when it's quite clear, right now, where we'd be. Up shit creek without a striker and a market that demands more than it does today.

Whilst it is harsh to judge such few and short run outs. The try before you buy may have helped us especially as i dont think he is out 20millions plus player answer to our problems based on age and fee and likely wages.

Who would be our £20million plus player answer to our problems? I was thinking last night, if we don't buy this guy it will be hard to get someone with similar attributes for that sort of money.

:thup: very, very hard unless we maybe loan a promising young player from somewhere or rafa has a ridiculous ace up his sleeve

He wasn't great last night, but I saw enough mobility and hold up play to make me think he'd make Rafa's formation look very effective. He'd have probably notched a goal if Perez had made that pass so he has good positional sense as well.

Why wait until then to re-assess when it's quite clear, right now, where we'd be. Up shit creek without a striker and a market that demands more than it does today.

i meant as club man, you can't assume that slimani would be shite and  not score for 2 years, so assuming he plays 2 years and we get better as a club and so on we would then reassess whether we're able to bring in a top class striker to replace him, or indeed spend the 2 years scouting for one as well

i mean in the real world we'd probably look to flog mitro for +£20m, throw in another £20m and hopefully buy a striker who can stick around for 5 years and be mint...do you know any?

and mike ashley is still our owner

i meant as club man, you can't assume that slimani would be shite and  not score for 2 years, so assuming he plays 2 years and we get better as a club and so on we would then reassess whether we're able to bring in a top class striker to replace him, or indeed spend the 2 years scouting for one as well

i mean in the real world we'd probably look to flog mitro for +£20m, throw in another £20m and hopefully buy a striker who can stick around for 5 years and be mint...do you know any?

and mike ashley is still our owner

No I don't know any, but then I don't have Rafa's scouting network who I doubt have been doing nothing in the two years since picking out a 27 year old Slimani.

No I don't know any, but then I don't have Rafa's scouting network who I doubt have been doing nothing in the two years since picking out a 27 year old Slimani.

that's slimani who was nearly £30m in two years ago money, he's a £50m equivalent buy now say

we're not paying £50m for a striker under any circumstances with ashley

that's the issue in a nutshell, if rafa rates him slimani is a no brainer for me

Fuck sake man, our own fans debating the re-sale values and writing players off because they're over the hill at 29.

What have we become?

If he's the right player, in the right system, under the (clearly) right manager, just fucking sign him. I couldn't care less how much he costs or how much we might sell him for. God forbid we might actually be able to buy someone else in a couple of years without relying on selling players, or even worse, bring a youngster through.

Talking about resale values, give your head a shake man.

Fuck sake man, our own fans debating the re-sale values and writing players off because they're over the hill at 29.

What have we become?

If he's the right player, in the right system, under the (clearly) right manager, just fucking sign him. I couldn't care less how much he costs or how much we might sell him for. God forbid we might actually be able to buy someone else in a couple of years without relying on selling players, or even worse, bring a youngster through.

:thup:

that's slimani who was nearly £30m in two years ago money, he's a £50m equivalent buy now say

that's the issue in a nutshell, if rafa rates him slimani is a no brainer for me

How the fuck has 2 seasons on Leicester's bench increased his value by £20mill?

What have we become?

I wouldn't pay over 10 million for him personally. That's not because I don't like but he's at the wrong age. On a couple occasions last night he looks like a head down runner, which is a concern, but outside of that he did well with no service whatsover. Not that it's likely to happen but honestly think Mitro would be a better option for us if Rafa were willing to work with him.

Again not saying I don't like Slimani from the brief games he's been part of he's been good, just not sure if a deal for him would make any sense, especially if our owner is signing off on the cheque, Leicester will want a way bigger one than he will be prepared to hand over.

no i mean rafa scouted him so he's the calibre of player rafa wants...2 years ago he cost £30m nearly, in today's money his equivalent will be £50m or whatever not him

again as others have just said, why do you care what we pay or what we can sell him for?  odd mindset

He needs a run of games, like. Completely different coming on as an impact sub compared to finding your rhythm from the start, especially if you've not played a lot of football over the last few months.

He did a couple of decent things and has some athleticism about him. Looking forward to seeing what he can do when we're actually on it. It was massively frustrating to see 3 great crosses into the box after he'd gone off.

no i mean rafa scouted him so he's the calibre of player rafa wants...2 years ago he cost £30m nearly, in today's money his equivalent will be £50m or whatever not him

again as others have just said, why do you care what we pay or what we can sell him for?  odd mindset

Football is a business and if you don't treat player recruitment as such you'll end up like Sunderland.

Sometimes though it's worth it. Is he worth it?

What have we become?

I don't give a shit about resale value, I'm only concerned that we get value and £30 mill for a 29 year old who has yet to prove himself in the premiership is not value.

Rafa has picked up Dubravka, Lejeune and Merino and I've no reason to doubt he can spot a forward.

What have we become?

I don't give a shit about resale value, I'm only concerned that we get value and £30 mill for a 29 year old who has yet to prove himself in the premiership is not value.

Rafa has picked up Dubravka, Lejeune and Merino and I've no reason to doubt he can spot a forward.

Ahh ok, so it's nothing to do with the fee, you just don't want Slimani as our main striker next season? Well that makes more sense, and I'm with you, if we can unearth the next Messi from the depths of South America for a couple of million, and he goes on to scoring 40 goals next season, I'm all for it.

Have to admit, I'd always "prefer someone better" whenever we get linked with a player, but I'm pretty realistic too.

What have we become?

Ahh ok, so it's nothing to do with the fee, you just don't want Slimani as our main striker next season? Well that makes more sense, and I'm with you, if we can unearth the next Messi from the depths of South America for a couple of million, and he goes on to scoring 40 goals next season, I'm all for it.

Have to admit, I'd always "prefer someone better" whenever we get linked with a player, but I'm pretty realistic too.

I'd happily take Slimani as our main striker next season if Rafa wants him. I just think there is a strong argument that Leicester have no right to expect their money back on a player that they took  gamble with.

I wouldn't pay over 10 million for him personally. That's not because I don't like but he's at the wrong age. On a couple occasions last night he looks like a head down runner, which is a concern, but outside of that he did well with no service whatsover. Not that it's likely to happen but honestly think Mitro would be a better option for us if Rafa were willing to work with him.

Again not saying I don't like Slimani from the brief games he's been part of he's been good, just not sure if a deal for him would make any sense, especially if our owner is signing off on the cheque, Leicester will want a way bigger one than he will be prepared to hand over.

I don't see how Mitro could look effective in Rafa's system, he doesn't offer the same mobility. I still have doubts about whether he would score enough goals in the premier tbh, but I could be wrong. Just don't see him doing it the way Rafa sets up.

I don't see how Mitro could look effective in Rafa's system, he doesn't offer the same mobility. I still have doubts about whether he would score enough goals in the premier tbh, but I could be wrong. Just don't see him doing it the way Rafa sets up.

I'd spend 12-15mill on Slimani, and keep Mitrovic as his equal/understudy (dependant on whether he can convince Rafa that he can learn from him). If we sell Mitro we should be looking at a player of similar age, ability and value , but  more suited to Rafa's system.