Islam Slimani - Returned to Leicester

Figures 1-0 Football

If he scores one goal off his helmet that gets us a point which keeps us up then he will be a great singing!

I really like him as player and I feel sorry for him that he was injured when he signed and still is (well done Mike for wasting another full window!) as I've read some of our idiots giving him stick for it!

Heard he's out with a torn helmet.

Good news that he's going with Algeria really, must mean he's close to playing. Not that I would necessarily bring him in right now anyway.

He’s not even training with the rest of the team so can’t see him being close to playing.

Good news that he's going with Algeria really, must mean he's close to playing. Not that I would necessarily bring him in right now anyway.

He’s not even training with the rest of the team so can’t see him being close to playing.

Seems like he was properly crocked based on the matches he's already missed and the physio work he's been doing. We'll be lucky to see half a dozen games from him.

Absolute farce really, hopefully it won't matter.

Chronicle Live has reported that Benitez told NUFC TV: “He has a plan, he has to follow that plan. He is working with the fitness coach but he has to follow the plan.”

Follow the plan, the plan was u were back 2 weeks ago!

What a waste. Will have missed 5 games since arriving.

Leaving 8 to go, and nobody can be certain just when he is likely to make a full debut. If hes not ready for Huddersfield then he cant face Leicester.  So if he is ever getting fit his first match is hopeful to be Arsenal.

Waste of what? Am I missing something? :mystery:

Is the "five games" also including Leicester's?!

No thats after the Huddersfield game, but as pointed out if hes not ready for Huddersfield, the following game Leicester he cant play anyway. Bringing the total missed games since arriving to 7, and pinning our hopes on him being available for Arsenal.

He had the '2 week' thigh injury when we loaned him. He was working with the physios. He aggrevated the injury. Probably came back too soon and pushed too hard. Either he was overeager or the injury was worse than diagnosed. Neither party will be happy about it.

Guest Howaythetoon

We were clearly interested in him, this should have been tied up in the first week of Jan and we may not have this problem. Even if he comes in and plays a few and scores an all important winner or an equaliser, he will have been worth it.

could it be Algeria just called him up as he is their biggest name, big focal point in their dressing room type thing. No intention on playing and possibly wanting to check his fitness given our record ?

He was only meant to be out for a couple of weeks initially I think so maybe they thought he'd be fit enough to at least play some part (even if just as a sub) in their games but in typical NUFC style his injury seems to be dragging on and on.

could it be Algeria just called him up as he is their biggest name, big focal point in their dressing room type thing. No intention on playing and possibly wanting to check his fitness given our record ?

If we ignore that Riyad Mahrez is Algerian then maybe.