Liverpool 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 03/03/18 - Post-match reaction from page 11

BlueStar

Shelvey's integral to us, like. Merino has been poor since he came back from injury.

Merino is looking a bit like Perez to me, atm. Does some of the difficult stuff really well but the simple things are erratic as is the decision-making. I hope he's just rusty.

Guest firetotheworks

Not the match for criticism imo.

Pretty much. It's annoying how shite we are but we already know we're shite. Away to Liverpool we really need them to have an off day to do much of note.

They did, I reckon. And because of us up until 1-0. It just goes to show the difference that quality players in a team not playing well makes because Salah and Mané were pretty anonymous aside from when it mattered.

Guest Howaythetoon

Other than that challenge and going walk-abouts for their first, I thought he was his usual solid, no nonsense and calm self. Now imagine him behind a team that attacks and keeps possession...

Other than that challenge and going walk-abouts for their first, I thought he was his usual solid, no nonsense and calm self. Now imagine him behind a team that attacks and keeps possession...

Wherever that ends up being, it will be an honour.

Not the match for criticism imo.

Pretty much. It's annoying how shite we are but we already know we're shite. Away to Liverpool we really need them to have an off day to do much of note.

They did, I reckon. And because of us up until 1-0. It just goes to show the difference that quality players in a team not playing well makes because Salah and Mané were pretty anonymous aside from when it mattered.

Defensively they gave us nothing like, they were sloppy at times in the 2nd half I thought but they were pretty comfortable all game. In comparison Man Utd pretty much let Shelvey and Diame dominate the midfield when it mattered, that wouldn't happen every game, but we actually looked really good all over the pitch despite not having much of the ball.

Thought today was a lot like the first Man City game, only without the resurgence and chance of a comeback as they grabbed the 2nd.

How utterly shite was that?

:lol: you're a fucking thick cunt like.

Go on, gimme a ban. In the words of the Limmy caller "well worth it mate, he's shite".

Definitely feel you deserve a freebie on this one. :lol:

I didn't think it was a foul, Salah just stumbled.

Lascelles and Dummett outstanding tonight.

Merino and Kenedy not so.

Expected a defeat, but I thought we dug in and really restricted them keeping everything in front of us.

The shots on target stats are interesting as well and show this as.

I thought Milner dived and made a brilliant save like a goalkeeper anarl, blatant penalty.

Guest Howaythetoon

Seems our fans did thmselves proud with the sign on chants... sure LFC fans clapped the anti Ashley chant as well.