Liverpool 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 03/03/18 - Post-match reaction from page 11

BlueStar

Murphy loses the ball so much. Just goes running forward without thinking. Doesn't look at what is around him. Not encouraging at all.

Kenedy lost it in a much worse position.

Yeah, but I'm just speaking generally. Seems to happen a fair bit.

Kenedy has a tougher time of things in that wing back position too, so feel for him a bit, as he has to do a lot more defensively.

I would love to see Kenedy as one of the two playing off Gayle, but we don't really have anyone else to play left wing back.

I think your thoughts on Murphy are endemic of our playing style too, though.

If he looks up, who would he have to aim at other than Gayle anyway? He either has to run at his man or try a speculative pass to keep things moving because eight of our players are probably still in their own half.

Merino has been way off the pace for most of the season, like. Showed a lot of promise early on but has offered very little since then. No biggy, he could be a very good player if the club gets sold.

Guest ElCid

Given how strong he was in the first ten games, I suspect Merino is still injured.

Reminds me of Hugo Vianna got some ability but is just too slow

Nowhere near as good as Viana.

I agree but it was the reason Vianna wasn’t a great player either lack of pace.

I don't think he's always s****. I just don't think he's earned anywhere near the levels of adulation he gets and I think he's just strolling about too much out there.

Yes, that's a better way of putting it. He either can't run about properly, in which case he shouldn't be playing, or he's holding back. If he really is still injured then letting Saivet go was inexcusable.

Murphy loses the ball so much. Just goes running forward without thinking. Doesn't look at what is around him. Not encouraging at all.

Kenedy lost it in a much worse position.

Yeah, but I'm just speaking generally. Seems to happen a fair bit.

Kenedy has a tougher time of things in that wing back position too, so feel for him a bit, as he has to do a lot more defensively.

I would love to see Kenedy as one of the two playing off Gayle, but we don't really have anyone else to play left wing back.

I think your thoughts on Murphy are endemic of our playing style too, though.

If he looks up, who would he have to aim at other than Gayle anyway? He either has to run at his man or try a speculative pass to keep things moving because eight of our players are probably still in their own half.

Yes, this is somewhat true for sure.

However there have been some instances where he could have gone for a one two with someone closer to him, but pushed to dribble through two players instead and lost it.

I think in some instances he could make better decisions, as he has a lot of good attributes. Think he'll figure it out. Just a minor frustration at the minute.

Liverpool looking a bit drowsy here, if we can somehow sneak one.

Yeah, even if we lose 2-1 it would still be good for our goal difference, and who knows maybe we then get an equaliser at the death.

Hope we can grab one soon.

The commentary was fine up until the last few minutes. Why the hell would we go gung ho now and likely lose by 4 or 5? Our decent goal difference is very likely to be crucial at the death.

Because loads of people love to talk endless cliché-ridden shit about Newcastle.