Liverpool 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 03/03/18 - Post-match reaction from page 11

BlueStar

Merino was caught very high up the pitch there leaving the space for that to happen

He’d just been fouled you cracker.

:lol:

Wouldn't mind the insult if he hadn't been completely wrong

I was clearly joking man!

Why did Lascelles move away from Salah into the centre leaving him free...

Otherwise Oxlade-Chamberlain has pretty much a free run on goal in the centre of the goal

Would rather that, than give salah a free shot on goal.

He'll have been taught from a young age that you have to stop the immediate danger which would have been AOC and not Salah

Would have been a sensational goal that Diame effort. The whole lot was fantastic.

:thup:

We’ve had a few other times where we’ve been close to putting something like that together.

Like this lineup.

Guest Howaythetoon

Tracking Fermino in the hole, right thing to do really.

Nah you stay with your man, I’m sure Firminho was being covered... will have to rewatch.

Maybe throw on Joselu second half...

Would have been a sensational goal that Diame effort. The whole lot was fantastic.

We’ve had a few other times where we’ve been close to putting something like that together.

Like this lineup.

Yup. Loads of pace and plenty of threat. Been really positive - just wish we could see this against the teams we’re competing with rather than solely against the top 6.

Guest firetotheworks

At this point I'm just hoping our goal difference doesn't get too close to Swansea's. I think they'll stay up regardless, but just in case it comes down to that.

Aye we've been very good. Played some nice stuff when we've gone forward. Think we can equalise

There's a much better chance they'll add another tbh. We've done alright, but they look like they've got another gear, and we just don't.

Guest neesy111

Merino was caught very high up the pitch there leaving the space for that to happen

He’d just been fouled you cracker.

:lol:

Wouldn't mind the insult if he hadn't been completely wrong

I've noticed Merino isn't that disciplined with his defensive work all season tbh when it comes to following players that run past him.

Guest firetotheworks

Tracking Fermino in the hole, right thing to do really.

Nah you stay with your man, I’m sure Firminho was being covered... will have to rewatch.

Maybe throw on Joselu second half...

Fermino was his man in that situation iirc.

Like this lineup.

Just shows what a difference quality makes to a team. The higher calibre players can produce that on a more consistent basis.