Leicester City 1-2 Newcastle United - 07/04/18 - postmatch reaction from page 21

Disco

Guest neesy111

Lovely finish mind. Cucumber.

Deflection takes it in actually.

Was it not going in anyway?

I think the GK would get it, wasn't going right in the corner.

Really pleased how we're doing so far. Definitely got to take the rough with the smooth with Perez but his position in the team is vital. We've limited them to barely anything. Would love another goal and for us not to do the same as we did v Bournemouth

That's nowhere close to a penalty imo like. It's a dive/stumble. If he'd stayed on his feet it possibly would have been.

No way you'd still think that if it was the other way around like. :lol:

Aye except I actually would because he's going over and there's only contact (if any) when he's already hitting the deck. You wouldn't be saying it if it was another fullback.

Guest neesy111

Playing well, think the ref got both big decisions right tbh.

Co-commentator is Garry Birtles by the way, he's always this miserable, think he just hates his life

It's Don Goodman.

That's nowhere close to a penalty imo like. It's a dive/stumble. If he'd stayed on his feet it possibly would have been.

I don't think it's biased to say I wouldn't. Granted, I'm not watching on the best TV at the moment, but those replays don't show anything in it. Dummett goes to ground, gets the ball, and all I see is Mahrez tripping his own foot up with the other with no contact from Dummett. If that was us, I'd be gutted we didn't get a penalty but I'd say fair play to the ref.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye except I actually would because he's going over and there's only contact (if any) when he's already hitting the deck. You wouldn't be saying it if it was another fullback.

I honestly would, Dummett's been excellent and I don't think he'd have been to blame if it was given, I just think it was a penalty.

I don't think it's biased to say I wouldn't. Granted, I'm not watching on the best TV at the moment, but those replays don't show anything in it. Dummett goes to ground, gets the ball, and all I see is Mahrez tripping his own foot up with the other with no contact from Dummett. If that was us, I'd be gutted we didn't get a penalty but I'd say fair play to the ref.

Dummett doesn't get the ball like, he pulls his foot away before making contact with Mahrez or the ball. The potential foul happens when their knees collide

Co-commentator is Garry Birtles by the way, he's always this miserable, think he just hates his life

It's Don Goodman.

Aye, other commentator just said "So Don what about the penalty decision."

I honestly would, Dummett's been excellent and I don't think he'd have been to blame if it was given, I just think it was a penalty.

I was only taking the piss there fwiw :lol: I just don't think I would think it was a penalty the other way round, on my stream he seemed to be pretty much horizontal before there was contact, and even then I cannot tell whether or not there even was contact. I need to see 40 different angles on MOTD.

Guest alijmitchell

It's Don Goodman.

Aye, sounds a lot like Danny Mills

Dummett doesn't get the ball like, he pulls his foot away before making contact with Mahrez or the ball. The potential foul happens when their knees collide

:dontknow: Fair enough; looked like he got a toe to it to me but like I say, I've not the best view. Still doesn't particularly change my stance.