Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Fair play if he’s paid off the debt.

No chance our fat cunt would ever do that.

Yep.

Interesting stuff in that statement about being run ‘realistically though’. Doesn’t sound like they’ll get much money apart from the parachute payments

Yeah that's quite generous of him, there is an argument that he contributed to the increased debt but they were in debt before he bought them.

I know they hate Ellis Short BUT he has finally left them having lost loads of money, in comparison when Ashley finally fucks off he won't have lost a single penny.

Yep.

Interesting stuff in that statement about being run ‘realistically though’. Doesn’t sound like they’ll get much money apart from the parachute payments

Realistically is sensible with them being in League One, as it's such a cut off in funds, Parachute payments aside, their wage bill is going to be monstrous at that level.

Think they'll go up now.

You can’t say that yet.

The realistic part is interesting. If they change their approach and get a forward thinking manager in along with the parachute payments and good feeling that should be generated from what they’re saying then yes.

Does anyone know how oxford and Eastleigh have been run??

Strange time to takeover the club, I assumed it would be 2 or 3 seasons until someone bought them. They still have a massive wage bill and will surely be making a big loss for a while. Hopefully these people have no idea what they're doing.

As if he had a choice :lol:

Of course he had a choice

No one is going to buy a league 1 club losing the amount they are and in the amount of debt they were in. He was desperate to sell so nah he didn’t really

As if he had a choice [emoji38]

Could have left it as a long term interest free loan to be repaid much further down the line, I definitely think it takes some credit to completely forego that

Who would realistically take that on? He’s took a hit to stop losing even more money

Yep.

Realistically is sensible with them being in League One, as it's such a cut off in funds, Parachute payments aside, their wage bill is going to be monstrous at that level.

I'd suspect the parachute payments have been committed to cover the part of the debt secured against them. If Short has paid that off, plus written off his own part of the debt, that's an astonishing gesture!

Sunderland have been taken over by the owner of Eastleigh?

The only thing I know about them is that they are a small club, with a small stadium and ideas above their station. Can anyone tell me about Eastleigh?