Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

The comments in that thread though. :lol: They really do think Newcastle is a dump full of unemployed Geordies with no education don't they? Yet that is exactly the city that Sunderland looks like while Newcastle is a nice city that is well known for being a great place to visit. :lol:

Guest chopey

I've never tied a flag to the gates of the SOL and yet I'm tarred with the same brush as those muppets because I support the same team, someone needs a reality check here.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think hanging flags from your rivals stadium unless at an actual match is beyond sad, and disrespectful. I don’t mind the banners from bridges or motorway road signs as it’s just a bit of harmless banter, but flags from gates? Also flying planes is sad as well. We have our cretins as well. It appears they dislike that wanker who runs one of the fanzines, forgot his name, I imagine there are many a ‘Mag’ who share the same dislike.

Guest Howaythetoon

They should do everything to try and get someone like Matt Derbyshire next season. His scoring record in Cyprus the last two seasons has been immense (44 in 67). I'm sure he'd do a job in League One still.

He’s still playing? Bloody hell he was considered a prospect in his day. Didn’t he play for Boro?

Crazy that these bastard have two players going to the world cup, that may be more than us. Mitro goes of course, not sure if Diame still plays international football and makes the senegal squad.

Crazy that these b****** have two players going to the world cup, that may be more than us. Mitro goes of course, not sure if Diame still plays international football and makes the senegal squad.

Which two players have they got at the World Cup?

The Don and who else?

Crazy that these b****** have two players going to the world cup, that may be more than us. Mitro goes of course, not sure if Diame still plays international football and makes the senegal squad.

Which two players have they got at the World Cup?

The Don and who else?

Yeah Khazri and Oviedo.

Just the two threads on RTG about the 1990 Play Offs. Bless their little cotton socks man.

I was at the SJP game, honestly if I were them I wouldn't let that one die either. We had had the much better season finished some 6 points ahead of them in third, the first leg we got a good result 0-0 with Budgie saving a last minute dodgy pen they got. It looked all set for us to finish the job at home, we had a lethal strike force in Quinn and McGhee, but we just didn't turn up on the evening and all I remember about that night was that fat thighed bastard Gabbiadini killing us. In recent memory it probably the most important game between the two sides and they took all the bragging rights.

Still annoys me to this day that they went up that year despite them getting beat in the playoff final by Swindon.

Just the two threads on RTG about the 1990 Play Offs. Bless their little cotton socks man.

I was at the SJP game, honestly if I were them I wouldn't let that one die either. We had had the much better season finished some 6 points ahead of them in third, the first leg we got a good result 0-0 with Budgie saving a last minute dodgy pen they got. It looked all set for us to finish the job at home, we had a lethal strike force in Quinn and McGhee, but we just didn't turn up on the evening and all I remember about that night was that fat thighed bastard Gabbiadini killing us. In recent memory it probably the most important game between the two sides and they took all the bragging rights.

Still annoys me to this day that they went up that year despite them getting beat in the playoff final by Swindon.

And yet, if we had gone up that season we probably wouldn't have gone into the tailspin that led to John Hall's gamble on hiring a former player to give the team a boost in the hope that they could avoid the drop to the 3rd tier. In the long term, I think we got the better result.

If we had've won that playoff there's every chance that the Keegan managerial years would've never happened.

Much like the six in a row, they ended up languishing back in obscurity with their "bragging rights" even deeper in our shadow than before.