Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

James Hunter‏Verified account @JHunterChron 31s32 seconds ago

Methven confirms Short will not be taking #safc’s parachute payments, despite reports. But he confirms the £40m Donald is paying Short for the club is secured against the parachute payments

:lol:

This guy has clearly saw a cheap way of jumping up a couple of leagues by buying them and selling Eastleigh. It’s a gamble and he’s probably out of his depth :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Fucking knew it, the bloke is a chancer with no money and no backers :lol:

Fucking hell I could have bought the club if I used the parachute payments as security :lol:

How will he afford to run a club that is losing millions a month and that will need at least 10m to get back into the Championhsip and possible 50m + or more to try and get out of it?

My own opinion is that he will try and get it back into the Championship on a shoe-string and then flip it. There is no way any backer would come in as they would have to put tens of millions in and tens of millions more to stay in the PL.

A billionaire has just lost 10s of millions from the wretched thing and their own fans won’t even spend money on a ticket preferring to get them free or at discount price. Which backer would be mad enough to get involved?  What a joke of a club man :lol:

What happens in the scenario that these guys have a bad first season in L1?

It's all well and good securing the purchase on the back of parachute payments but if they don't go straight back up, they will be incurring additional debts from the start.

The whole thing rests on promotion or they'll be refinancing after 12 months and headed to adminville.

Love how all the headlines on Twitter, etc are saying they've been 'taken over by International Consortium'.

Is there an international consortium?

Not at this point, Donald is the majority shareholder with scope for others to come on board later on.

CM: There are other people we both have in mind that have further capital, there are people who have expressed an interest.

Stewart will be the majority shareholder whatever happens. For the time being Stewart and to a lesser degree me.

We will be very hands on.

;D