Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Surely the mackems aren't, in all seriousness and with a straight face, now using attendances to quantify relative club size?

Though the laws of mackematics will doubtless somehow decree that this doesn't similarly apply to comparisons between them and us.

Mackematic 101 states that their attendances are factored against the "Our Fans" Coefficient of Sh!teness, which means that their attendance of 19,237 is actually the equivalent of 39,897 because the standard of play is so poor, that the fans in attendance are worth more than fans of teams who play better football. 

So it's actually more impressive to have 19,237 fans watching a Sh!te team, than 39,897 watching a good team. Except, of course, if the higher attendance is actually in Sunderland's favor , in which case your team sucks, is pub-league, small club, basically sh!te and Sunderland is the far superior club. 

I love the RTG mindset that "paid off all the debts" means that Short has paid off all future bills    :mackems:

The ownership has not changed hands yet, if the agreement is to clear the debt for the consortium to takeover then it's all irrelevant - it will be £0 from the day they takeover the club.

We don't have any debt.....Shorty has paid it off and is funding running costs for the time being,Rodwell and many others. I thought that was well known,although,of course, I could be mistaken.

Total fantasy land  :mackems:

next two parachute payments :lol:

It's the only thing that makes any logical sense for Short tbh. You don't wipe out all the debt and walk away from 70 or 80 million that will go to the new owner who will have a much more manageable finances with a much reduced wage bill and zero debt.

Without the parachute payments, it's still going to be a huge struggle for them financially, they don't generate nearly enough to cover their expenses, the simply have to get promotion next season and the following, otherwise they are stuck forever unless they happen upon a miracle worker of a manager.

But... But ... Short paid off the debts as a matter of honor for screwing up the club  :mackems: 

He did a very noble and decent thing writing off all the debt

A touch of class by him paying the debt off, I now agree with all who said that his heart was in the right place

He made a huge mess and it was only right he tried to fix. He did and fair play to him.

No. Sorry.  He paid off the debts as it was the only way to get anyone to show any interest in taking over that shambolic festering and financial sink-hole turd of a football club.    But keep thinking that he did it because it was the "noble and decent thing"  :mackems:

Guest Howaythetoon

The mackems thinking they are debt free :lol: They were losing money in the Championship and will lose even more in League One. The Don as they call him and his mysterious backers will have to stem that loss by way of pumping money in to keep it going and I’m pretty sure they will want whatever they put back in at some stage which could take 10s of millions just to become a stable Championhsip club. By their logic we are debt free as Ashley doesn’t take a penny out and has effectively built his loan into the value/sale price of the club? I’m also sure Short would not have just paid off over 100m debt and giving the club away for free to people who will one day look to get a return on HIS money? I think he’s cut his own losses personally, but debt to external creditors still exists. If he has just simply paid it all off and handed the club to them for nowt or next to nowt fair play to him. The likelihood is that although he won’t be the owner, the new lot will have to repay him something should they succeed. In effect he will have a controlling interest in the club in the form of a silent partner who will want paid someday. Either way I can’t see the new lot being anything other than chancers. They will get into huge debt just to get back to the PL and even more debt to stay there. Unlike short though they don’t have deep pockets. All they have done is swap old ideas for new ideas old faces for new faces. Faces with smaller bank accounts. I’d be seriously worried rivalry aside if I was a genuine Mackem as even from the outside it doesn’t look good and is kind of fishy.

Guest Howaythetoon

As a business, they must cut their cloth accordingly as strip away TV money and the fans simply don’t spend the kind of money needed to keep the club operating, nowhere near a level to get out of League One and the Championship anyway. We would struggle to do that even with 53k fans. They are in for a huge culture shock and need a manager now who can get out of it on a shoe-string and keep them stable as a Championhsip club for a period. Don out chants will be heard among the few thousand at the SOL come the end of next season guaranteed. Expect him to have to close his twitter account due to abuse and having to stay away from the SOL when it becomes a reality that they will be down there (League One and Championship) for a long long time.

Guest Howaythetoon

My good mate, a Mackem and very sensible, doesn’t trust the new lot at all. He says he’ll give him a chance like he would a player or newmanager but he’s not getting excited at all. Bearing in mind this mate runs a very successful business and is pretty clued up in that sense, someone I go to for advice a lot when it comes to business. He basically says it just doesn’t make sense or add up. Either way they are fucked, with Short or without him, these lot or someone else unless that someone else was an Abramovic. Sadly that’s the way for many clubs, our own can only really tread water because we can’t compete, even if Ashley loosened up top 7 is perhaps our best bet in a sustainable way. Closed shop now I’m afraid. You can’t beat em so need to join em as they say.

Guest Howaythetoon

How the fuck are they going to fund this then if they were already losing £20m a year in the PL? :lol:

They can’t. They need to basically get rid of any high earner and become a League One club properly using large gates as a means to out compete the rest. That’s doable, but the Championship is a different game where a lot of clubs are being ran like PL clubs in the chase to become one. I say doable, not if you are losing silly money every month. Again I think they are in for a huge shock. The new man and backers will say this and that but unless they pump in millions they are not going anywhere and if they do pump in millions they will want it back some day. Look at what Wolves have spent to go up and will have to spend to stay up. SAFC could have been us, but for the grace of Rafa... he’s nee Grayson though :lol:

SAFC have repeatedly shat the bed for several years now...relegations, noncing, covering up noncing, fascism, racist fans, an absolute shitstain of a club. Short had to literally pay someone to take this heavily shat bed off his hands, scrimping away what cash he could in the process which in all likelihood means all the marrashute payments.

The fact that the mackems are even trying to gloat that their shat-bed is now an incredibly cheap and payment-free shat-bed beggars belief. Enjoy Fleetwood and Accrington Stanley. God speed in your big shat bed. FTM.

I think its a huge possibility the new owner will be totally fine with just floating between League 1 and the Championship indefinitely. It's still a huge step up for them. If Short's taking the Parachute payments in return for clearing the debt, then that's all the chance they had to invest gone. They'll have needed that money to give them an edge. Without it they're just a regular league 1 side.

Guest Howaythetoon

By my admittedly poor understanding of finances, they need to pump in at least 20m to keep the club afloat and then for players, wages, a manager and staff and their wages just to be competitive in League One and that’s assuming they clear the decks of high earners. That’s double what the Don (:lol:) is worth it seems. That’s me being conservative. They are not bringing that in via ticket sales... but hey debt free. They are being taken over by a non league club owner with a wealth estimate,aged to be under 10m and who is backed by mysterious backers. Backers I assume are wanting a return on whatever coin they put in. The Don (:lol:) is a chancer IMO who has gathered a band of backers who will put a few million in on the promise of them getting it all back and more should they return to the promised land. I guarantee they will run out of money. I can see him on Dragon’s Den and Peter saying you’re having a laugh expecting me to put my kids’ Inheritance into that shite! Debra will say sorry I’m out due to the nonce stuff, given she’s a person of morals.

I don't understand why short didn't just go for insolvency if he has to payoff120 million himself and he onlygot40million for The sale. Something is amiss he already spunked shit loads into the club. Why would he drop and other 80 million as an exit strategy. It's all bullshit.

Why would he drop and other 80 million as an exit strategy.

Losses are tax-deductible in U.S. If his other investments have been doing well, he may get a substantial benefit from accepting/writing off the Mackem losses.

I don't understand why short didn't just go for insolvency if he has to payoff120 million himself and he onlygot40million for The sale. Something is amiss he already spunked shit loads into the club. Why would he drop and other 80 million as an exit strategy. It's all bullshit.

Probably because he'd never get a line of credit anywhere ever again and as an invester that's probably not a wise move. Bet his rep has taken a bit of a beating over SAFC as is.

As I understand it, if he's claiming the parachute payments in lieu of a sale price, then he hasn't done too badly. They should cover the 60m external debt and he pockets the change; which goes some way (60m was supposedly owing to him) to compensating the heartache and loss of owning that shitstain of a club for so long.

Meanwhile, the new cowboys have no cash and are staring down the barrel of covering the supposed 2m per month loss. They have to stem that immediately, because if they truly are chancers with 10m (i.e. fuck all) then their slide could well continue.

They need to basically get rid of any high earner and become a League One club properly using large gates as a means to out compete the rest.

This is it. The reality of a league where average earners are making 1800 quid a week. And they have to transform into that before The Don goes bust, or they'll still be looking at administration :lol:

Guest homersthirdnipple

Being an obsessed mag I have frequented RTG a bit over the last few months to chuckle at their misery.  One thing I recall is that at least one if their takeovers fell through as Eliis was looking for very complex payment terms.  This kind of aligns with the theory of no debt but a lot of strings attached for future payments.

In his statement Short said there were higher bidders, but these guys were the preferred bid. So there must be some cash being paid to him at some point.