Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest covmag

I like the way people forget games are 90 minutes long when Sunderland go behind.

nah , i just like celebrating goals against them  O0

it's looking a cake walk for them, some of the football from the brief bits ive seen is horrific , fuck them, they will be away from the PL for years still, trouble is we may meet them sooner than we think  :whistle:

Still a long long way to go many many teams start well but hit a blip and tail off. I said at start of season Peterborough and Pompey would be the top 2 in that division and I'll stick by it

I still think they will be in that league next season

That tweet sums them up imo. Beating us is higher on the list than a first cup final in the new Wembley. If I think about our best season in recent years (the 5th season) I don't think beating Sunderland would be in my top 4 favourite things of that season

They had their annual bullshit lies football hooligans thread the other day. The threads they bring up are all year long with different titles and you can guarantee the third division inbred fucks have us as their main topics of conversation about every day.

Just the five threads in the top 12 on that board!

Rafa must be their most talked about person ever! Numerous threads with ridiculous amounts of pages!

d1a273e62c67a2f32c9f792e04c25167.png

I like how they have to chop the threads when they get too full as they’ll become their longest ones. Been a good few over 300 pages.

Ha ha what a bellend! They’ll be lapping it up!

Sunderland executive director Charlie Methven has had a dig at Newcastle United boss Rafa Benitez and ex-Sunderland boss David Moyes in explaining why the Black Cats chose Jack Ross as their manager this summer.

Ross grew a reputation in the Scottish Championship for playing an exciting and attacking brand of football as his St Mirren side won the league title.

Moyes, meanwhile, infamously declared Sunderland relegation candidates after just their second game of the season, while many outside of Newcastle have been critical in recent weeks of Benitez’s tactics which have been labelled ‘negative’.

After a successful start to the campaign at the Stadium of Light - with the Black Cats showing real passion and remaining unbeaten in the opening six League One fixtures, Methven has given more insight into the decision he and Stewart Donald made to appoint Ross back in June.

Methven wrote in the match day programme ahead of Saturday’s draw with Oxford: “The setting of stretching, but realistic targets is part of our business ethos, and one of the reasons we chose Jack Ross as manager.

“Whilst the other candidates we interviewed mostly tried to hedge their bets when asked what their first season target would be, given the overhaul required, Jack said that he would target automatic promotion and be disappointed not to achieve it.

“All three of us (Methven, Donald and Juan Sartori) believe that fearlessly ‘going for it’ - in life, in business, and sport - begets precisely the positivity and desire required to be a winner.

“Conversely, whether it be a previous SAFC manager declaring in August that his team were relegation candidates, or the manager of a neighbouring club putting 11 men behind the ball at home and conceding 80 per cent possession, if a leader’s body language is negative then the battle is already lost.

My sons spotty 14 year old mate has just won the Champions league with Fleetwood on Fifa, surely he would have been a better choice than a bloke from Scotland that got a 300% pay rise to move south.

As if anyone outside of Sunderland gives the first fuck what he thinks [emoji38] let the smalltime cunts think they're bossing things and making a mark, they all know the truth of the situation perfectly well. Fuck 'em [emoji38]