Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye true. Back to Barton, what was he good at? No qualities whatsoever and him being a character in the dressing room means nowt if he is shite which he was, all through his career. If his time here is considered a good spell, fucking hell, slim pickings indeed!

Guest firetotheworks

If you can't understand why he didn't want to play for an Alan Pardew managed Newcastle over PSG then there's something wrong with you.

So much so that he went and signed for him at Crystal Palace?

Even so, I'll never fully believe any 'Player has done X to force a move' while Ashley's here tbh.

Guest Howaythetoon

Oh dear, the Don is already preparing them for doom and gloom over the next few transfer windows...

When we came in, we basically did a budget that said we’d have £10m in wages and we’d probably have to spend £4m tidying up contracts, the Jack Rodwells, etc. The reality is that we actually spent zero tidying up contracts but that money is worse than that because we haven’t been able to get rid of Ndong, Djilobodji and a couple of others. So we are way, way over that. That’s bad news.

We’ll see where we go with Papy and Ndong but the rest of the squad with the players that we’ve got, I think we’ve got the wage bill down from £20m odd, excluding those two, the existing squad is down to £11m. We’ve managed to halve it and the new squad has cost about £3m to put together.

That tells you the challenge that we have because in this league £3m-4m is a decent wage and a £5m-6m budget and you’re at the top. We’ve spent that on players, the £3m-4m, but we’ve still got £11m in the existing squad, although we don’t have £11m worth of value probably.

With League One revenues, even with 30,000 fans, that’s not sustainable. We’ve had one window, so over the next couple of windows we are going to have to try and improve that but the problem is that it has left us with almost no wiggle room.

Guest Howaythetoon

If you can't understand why he didn't want to play for an Alan Pardew managed Newcastle over PSG then there's something wrong with you.

So much so that he went and signed for him at Crystal Palace?

Even so, I'll never fully believe any 'Player has done X to force a move' while Ashley's here tbh.

I’m pretty certain a lot of the players liked Pardew, Cabaye included. I don’t think their problem was with him as such, but how the club was being run and because the end goal was to always seek a new move.

HBA obviously had a problem with Pardew/Pardew had a phlegm with him.

Give Rafa a good number of the players Pardew had and we would be looking towards the top 6 IMO. The problem is, we got a good number of those players relatively cheaply and the market has moved on massively since then.

Said this loads of times (maybe not on here) but Barton played for us for 4 years, and he had the equivalent of 1 good season.  The rest of the time he was either injured, in jail, or just plain shit.

Also heard him say in an interview that he “got us back up”.  Did he fuck!  He played about 8 games that season.

Don’t hate him but he was a shit player for us and also a bit of prick.

Exactly and I don’t hate him either, he is a fairly non descript former player for us in the grand scheme of things with only his off-field issues and character/celebrity making him anything more, and only then because that’s what seems to interest some fans these days.

Again I wish him well as a manager and he’s probably the kind of person you’d rather see more of in the game in terms of his character, but you have to be good at your job and he wasn’t good at his as a player, not for us anyway which is all I take from his time here.

He was often rubbish or bang average when he played and didn’t contribute enough at all to warrant any kind of fondness of him as a player nor his time here or be considered someone relevant today regards NUFC.

Jeans is a player often derided on here for example and did far more in our shirt and was the better player by far, for us and others.

The one thing about Barton though, I do think he genuinely cared, loved being here and didn’t want to leave, but again you have to be good at your job...

Aye, i never really understood why he was was loved by a certain section of our fans, that was well before he even put in a few decent performances for us aswell.  My guess is that some of our fans just liked him cos he was a bit radge.  Doesn’t impress me at all unless you can counter balance the radgeness with quality performances, which he didn’t IMO.

Aye, i never really understood why he was was loved by a certain section of our fans, that was well before he even put in a few decent performances for us aswell.  My guess is that some of our fans just liked him cos he was a bit radge.  Doesn’t impress me at all unless you can counter balance the radgeness with quality performances, which he didn’t IMO.

Agreed...I had no love for Barton, he was a liability at the best of times, and a gobshite supreme (which has clearly continued). But Cabaye...God I loved having him playing for us, he was just masterful sometimes, controlling the midfield like a fucking king.

But he refused to play for NUFC. Not for Ashley, or Pardew...he refused to play for Newcastle United. Unforgivable.

Oh dear, the Don is already preparing them for doom and gloom over the next few transfer windows...

When we came in, we basically did a budget that said we’d have £10m in wages and we’d probably have to spend £4m tidying up contracts, the Jack Rodwells, etc. The reality is that we actually spent zero tidying up contracts but that money is worse than that because we haven’t been able to get rid of Ndong, Djilobodji and a couple of others. So we are way, way over that. That’s bad news.

We’ll see where we go with Papy and Ndong but the rest of the squad with the players that we’ve got, I think we’ve got the wage bill down from £20m odd, excluding those two, the existing squad is down to £11m. We’ve managed to halve it and the new squad has cost about £3m to put together.

That tells you the challenge that we have because in this league £3m-4m is a decent wage and a £5m-6m budget and you’re at the top. We’ve spent that on players, the £3m-4m, but we’ve still got £11m in the existing squad, although we don’t have £11m worth of value probably.

With League One revenues, even with 30,000 fans, that’s not sustainable. We’ve had one window, so over the next couple of windows we are going to have to try and improve that but the problem is that it has left us with almost no wiggle room.

Looks like hes bitten off more than he can chew. The guy is a complete charlatan

Looks like hes bitten off more than he can chew. The guy is a complete charlatan

Didn't see that coming did we? [emoji38]

Didn't see that coming did we? [emoji38]

They might have started ok but they are always letting goals in and sooner or later these games will turn into defeats and they will go on a stinker of a run at some stage I still don't think they will make the play offs

that sartori bloke is another sad indictment of mike ashley's bullshit...have the mackems not had 2 changes of ownership plus this knacker now willing to be involved during ashley's tenure?

if the prick wanted to find investors he could, is the point

Ashley has absolutely no intention of selling he just says it to appease the idiots amongst us that cant see through the fat lying bastard.If he genuinely did want to sell and it was put out to the market there would be people wanting to buy I have absolutely no doubt about it. He is getting free global exposure for his cheap and nasty business by owning us. Do you think he is going to give up Sports direct being beamed all across the globe due to the global exposure of the premier league? fuck no is he

Rich people don't get rich by chucking cash away on lost causes.

True but it would be peanuts for him to fund promotion to the champo. What's the point in buying into if he isn't going to invest?

Tax fiddle, money laundering, a way into the UK trade market for other ventures. All of these rich people use a football club as a smokescreen for other interests

I've heard he's willing to take a much bigger stake if and when they get back to the champo.  Easy money for Donald and that other nob, they 'buy' the club debt free using the parachute payment, do enough to get them up and then sell a year later for two or three times the original purchase price (which they didn't pay themselves anyway).

i see Janey is straight in promoting the latest demo on RTG ,

the horsestabbers are loving it, great to see they've cottoned on that the new owners are potless too  :lol: