Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

8m they paid for this fucker man

The Don may be able to do that with non league players at Eastleigh but these are multi million pound players at the upper level, I think the PFA will be all over this especially if they haven't come to some kind of financial agreement between the 2 parties. They cant just sack him with no payout

This has the makings of the Alvarez case all over it

Surely there’s a reason that clubs don’t routinely do this. On the one hand, I’d love to see them win and stick it to the greedy players, but on the flip side they’ve be absolutely insufferable  :lol:

Professional sportsmen when they sign a contract the income is guaranteed for the length of that contract irregardless of whether they play or not. In American sports its slightly different as they have a guaranteed amount and an amount that's a total. The total is if the organization decides to keep them for the entire length ( the salary cap dictates this eventually)

As far as footballers go its a short career so you need guaranteed income over length of contract. I suspect the mackems have broken the rules massively here and there will be an ensuing court case

Surely there’s a reason that clubs don’t routinely do this. On the one hand, I’d love to see them win and stick it to the greedy players, but on the flip side they’ve be absolutely insufferable  :lol:

Professional sportsmen when they sign a contract the income is guaranteed for the length of that contract irregardless of whether they play or not. In American sports its slightly different as they have a guaranteed amount and an amount that's a total. The total is if the organization decides to keep them for the entire length ( the salary cap dictates this eventually)

As far as footballers go its a short career so you need guaranteed income over length of contract. I suspect the mackems have broken the rules massively here and there will be an ensuing court case

http://pjcaposey.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/irregardless-300x252.jpg

Not sure if there is precedent for this legally but it if there is an irrevocable breakdown in trust between the parties it may be seen as reasonable to terminate the contract.

Personally, I hope that the club wins in this case regardless of it being the mackems.

Guest neesy111

He may have broke terms and conditions of his contract.

Guest neesy111

You can't sack someone for not being physically fit to work. He's just won the lottery. He'll get his contact paid up in full and they'll pay extra for his legal fees for the privilege.

This isn't an office job, his main requirement is to be fit and physical and ready for his club to pick him.

You can't sack someone for not being physically fit to work. He's just won the lottery. He'll get his contact paid up in full and they'll pay extra for his legal fees for the privilege.

This isn't an office job, his main requirement is to be fit and physical and ready for his club to pick him.

Many many footballers and athletes report back from off season not in the correct shape, I very much doubt they can sack him for not being in the desired level of physical shape without him being put through some sort of program first

I don't think that matters. You could argue that you could sack a player for a broken leg. He could argue he was only a few pounds over, expected for having a longer break. He could argue he wasn't right mentally, now the club has sacked him and didn't offer support in a low ebb for him. All. This time he offered to voluntary not be paid.

Good luck picking the bones out of this one. Its not finished by a long shot. Thryll need an ace legal team.

Guest neesy111

Many many footballers and athletes report back from off season not in the correct shape, I very much doubt they can sack him for not being in the desired level of physical shape without him being put through some sort of program first

It's well past pre season though isn't it it's the middle of September.  If he came back on time and fit, the mackems wouldn't have a leg to stand on and that is what Rodwell did during his time there.

They'll have data from when he first joined the club etc and will know what his level of fitness is now and whether he's done anything to improve it since coming back from pre-season.

As much as I hate the mackems, with Madras here and hope they win whatever case will happen.  Footballers need protection from clubs sacking them for any small offence but if you act unprofessional over a period then clubs really should be able to sack players imo.