Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

You can't sack someone for not being physically fit to work. He's just won the lottery. He'll get his contact paid up in full and they'll pay extra for his legal fees for the privilege.

This isn't an office job, his main requirement is to be fit and physical and ready for his club to pick him.

Many many footballers and athletes report back from off season not in the correct shape, I very much doubt they can sack him for not being in the desired level of physical shape without him being put through some sort of program first

It's well past pre season though isn't it it's the middle of September.  If he came back on time and fit, the mackems wouldn't have a leg to stand on and that is what Rodwell did during his time there.

They'll have data from when he first joined the club etc and will know what his level of fitness is now and whether he's done anything to improve it since coming back from pre-season.

As much as I hate the mackems, with Madras here and hope they win whatever case will happen.  Footballers need protection from clubs sacking them for any small offence but if you act unprofessional over a period then clubs really should be able to sack players imo.

Didn't even sack Johnson when they knew he was going to plead guilty of noncing yet sack another player for being too fat.

Wierd little club.

I do wonder if it was so easy to sack footballers why clubs with shite deadwood on their books don't do it more often.

Exactly I think these are going to get rinsed for nearly 2 years of his contract paid in full. I think the Don still thinks hes running a semi pro national league set up

I do wonder if it was so easy to sack footballers why clubs with shite deadwood on their books don't do it more often.

Exactly I think these are going to get rinsed for nearly 2 years of his contract paid in full. I think the Don still thinks hes running a semi pro national league set up

The law will apply to them like everyone else. They'll have needed to follow a variety of procedures, probably issue a number of written warnings and jump through whatever other hurdles before being able to sack him.

Who knows they might have done it all, but they way they've been going on since taking over suggests it's unlikely.

I'm pretty sure you'll not be able to sack players for being unfit. It's a very arbitrary measurement and would open the door to all sorts of sackings. If he's breached his contract (which I don't think he will have) then fair enough

He didn't turn up for work for a fucking month. :lol: Not sure how much more of a breach of contract you want?

Try doing that at your workplace whilst ignoring all their attempts to contact you, then swan back in and see what happens. Whilst you might get away with it if you had a great record and they thought the sun shone out your arse before doing that, if they instead wanted you gone then believe me you'd be gone and even a phonecall to ACAS would only result in them laughing at you for being a fucking prat.

Much though I hate to say it, I think sunderland are in the right here. Though clearly I still hope they get taken to the cleaners and sued for millions.

I'm pretty sure you'll not be able to sack players for being unfit. It's a very arbitrary measurement and would open the door to all sorts of sackings. If he's breached his contract (which I don't think he will have) then fair enough

He didn't turn up for work for a fucking month. :lol: Not sure how much more of a breach of contract you want?

Try doing that at your workplace whilst ignoring all their attempts to contact you, then swan back in and see what happens. Whilst you might get away with it if you had a great record and they thought the sun shone out your arse before doing that, if they instead wanted you gone then believe me you'd be gone and even a phonecall to ACAS would only result in them laughing at you for being a fucking prat.

Much though I hate to say it, I think sunderland are in the right here. Though clearly I still hope they get taken to the cleaners and sued for millions.

Employment law in our workplaces and employment law with footballers are 2 very different things. There are footballers who have been jailed, done for drink driving, done for drugs, done for assault and went on strike yet they all kept getting paid their lavish wages. If me or you had done any of them things the likelihood is wed be signing on very soon

I'd be very surprised if this isn't taken further and he wins.

It is disgraceful that a player can just take the piss like he clearly has BUT like any employer they have to make sure the sacking is water tight. Considering we've seen how amateurish the Don is then I suspect he's messed up somewhere and it's going to cost them, which will be amusing.

He didn't turn up for work for a fucking month. [emoji38] Not sure how much more of a breach of contract you want?

Employment law in our workplaces and employment law with footballers are 2 very different things. There are footballers who have been jailed, done for drink driving, done for drugs, done for assault and went on strike yet they all kept getting paid their lavish wages. If me or you had done any of them things the likelihood is wed be signing on very soon

Yep, there's loads of precedent of players going missing / on strike and not turning up etc. Generally they're docked wages and so on until they come back.

Like you I'll be amazed if they don't get taken to court and lose.

Frankly I'm a little surprised at people in support of them sacking him given what we know about how a club can spin bullshit against players. Added to that they're clearly only doing it because they're in deep shit, it's not some high level point of principle, they're trying to escape their obligations.

He didn't turn up for work for a fucking month. [emoji38] Not sure how much more of a breach of contract you want?

Yep, there's loads of precedent of players going missing / on strike and not turning up etc. Generally they're docked wages and so on until they come back.

Like you I'll be amazed if they don't get taken to court and lose.

Frankly I'm a little surprised at people in support of them sacking him given what we know about how a club can spin bullshit against players. Added to that they're clearly only doing it because they're in deep shit, it's not some high level point of principle, they're trying to escape their obligations.

Exactly I think they have looked for excuses to try and sack the guy solely because hes on 50k a week plus. Ndong will be the next one to be sacked. Guaranteed if this fella earned 1k a week hed still be there pisstaking or not

You're completely wrong.

Employment law is no different between our jobs and that of footballers. If our bosses wanted to keep us after doing the above, they could. Fact is we're generally very replaceable so they'll easily go and get someone who can do the job just as well without any of that baggage. So we get sacked.

So whilst the employment law is the same, footballers are different than us as employees. When you've paid £10m or £20m or whatever to get someone to sign for you, and they're one of the best in the land at doing what they do, ripping up their contract isn't something you want to do. You have to go and spend another £10m or £20m  buying their replacement, for starters. So you cut them some slack. The fact remains though if you WANT to get rid of them, you still can, under exactly the same employment law as the rest of us operate under. In this case the player is not a massive benefit to Sunderland, and instead of them having to replace him with an equally-expensive player instead they're just desperate to get rid of the crippling wages he's lumbering them with. Accordingly, they're using exactly the same legislation as they would with us to get rid of him.

There's not some magic divide between footballers and the rest though, it's a sliding scale. If you work minimum wage and fuck up, you'll be out the door because there's millions of equally-qualified people they can get in tomorrow to pack those boxes just as well as you do with half an hour's training. If you're a brain surgeon or a rocket scientist, you're harder to replace so you can get away with more provided you're still good at your job. It's possibly not fair, but it's life.

Aye, he didn't show up for work for a month, I dunno why anyone is looking any further than that :lol:

Wait, is this a thing?

Stewart Donald, the chairman, has said he is taking legal advice about the possibility of the club potentially suing Djilobodji and Didier Ndong on the alleged grounds of “deliberately devaluing themselves”.

Knowing fully well that a player had been grooming and had sexual activity with a 15 year old lass  = FINE

A player turns up late for a work and has had a few too many Morettis and burgers over the summer = SACKED!

Hope that gets mentioned in court.

Aye, he didn't show up for work for a month, I dunno why anyone is looking any further than that :lol:

Wait, is this a thing?

Stewart Donald, the chairman, has said he is taking legal advice about the possibility of the club potentially suing Djilobodji and Didier Ndong on the alleged grounds of “deliberately devaluing themselves”.

again i'll make the point that as an NUFC fan that was watched the mike ashley years unfold i'm personally not willing to believe what this fucking chancer says without question as there's every possibility he's missed out massive parts of the story in order to make himself a hero to chickentown locals considering that's all he's literally done since he arrived

if you think it's as simple as the don is making out i would suggest you're mistaken

While the two players have behaved despicably and don't deserve any sympathy that's not the real story here.

This is once again again about the Sunderland owners being out of their depth and thereby playing to the gallery and wanting to appease the Sunderland fans to a cringeworthy and ultimately foolish extent.

Any legal process or judgement by football authorities would have to think very carefully about coming out in favour of the club.

It would set a very dangerous precedent for allowing clubs to get rid of players they no longer want, especially following a relegation or in Sunderland's case successive relegations.

While the two players have behaved despicably and don't deserve any sympathy that's not the real story here.

This is once again again about the Sunderland owners being out of their depth and thereby playing to the gallery and wanting to appease the Sunderland fans to a cringeworthy and ultimately foolish extent.

Any legal process or judgement by football authorities would have to think very carefully about coming out in favour of the club.

It would set a very dangerous precedent for allowing clubs to get rid of players clubs they no longer want, especially following a relegation or in Sunderland's case successive relegations.

:thup:

I cant see why (Unless he really is as thick as mince) anyone earning that kind of money would expose himself (Whilst damaging his image / future potential earnings in the process) to being dismissed given that they have agents to protect  / advise them who stand to loose out if he gets the boot.

There`s a process to dismissal, unless its gross misconduct (I`m generalising) so the assumption that he`s just fucked off & had no reciprocal communication with the club at all I find quite staggering. My monies on him doing the bare minimum without being in breach of contract & the Don might find himself backtracking at a rate of knots with his Lawyers boot behind him

i think the argument is a sound one mandoon assuming you believe the don and it's as cut and dry as he makes out, aaaaand they went through a whole heap of notifications/letters etc. explaining what was going to happen if he didn't show up by a certain date..it is fairly rare for players to go missing for an entire month lets be honest

my feeling is they probably sat and waited when he never came back then decided to sack him with minimal contact

he'll probably claim some sort of constructive dismissal as well if he fancies it :lol:

I haven't seen his contract, but presumably there is no clause that says "if you don't turn up to training then you are sacked". If that was the case how come players do it all the time? You're comparing football to everyday work life and as has been proven a million fucking times it's nowhere near the same. 

Professional sports/normal employment have never and will never be the same, its a completely unique industry. How come players aren't sacked for refusing to play then? If its the same?

Not quite. Clubs would be loath to sack players because then they cease to be an asset and players would Just take to not turning up in order to force a free move. In this circumstance I think the player has thought he'd easily get a move and suddenly found out nobody wants him, at least not on anywhere near the pay he was on there.

i think the argument is a sound one mandoon assuming you believe the don and it's as cut and dry as he makes out, aaaaand they went through a whole heap of notifications/letters etc. explaining what was going to happen if he didn't show up by a certain date..it is fairly rare for players to go missing for an entire month lets be honest

my feeling is they probably sat and waited when he never came back then decided to sack him with minimal contact

he'll probably claim some sort of constructive dismissal as well if he fancies it :lol:

Costa and Tevez did it iirc. But generally I don't see how suddenly sunderland have found out you can sack players for breach of contract, when surely, refusing to play would be a breach? Not turning up to training? Or any numerous cuntish things footballers do that a normal employee wouldn't get away with. I don't see how they'll end up in the right here.

As far as I can see it, he turned up in the end and they said he was unfit/overweight? I would imagine footballers contracts have protections in them for this sort of occasion, or he wouldn't have just gone AWOL without any thought.

maybe yeah but i'm saying it's rare in the game, usually you get a mahrez type strop where they miss a game and a week of training then take the fine and get back to normal...a month with no contact is probably fairly unusual even for footballers but still as i say you'd have to believe the don is not telling porkies to even make the argument and i don't believe that for second

Costa and Tevez did it iirc. But generally I don't see how suddenly sunderland have found out you can sack players for breach of contract, when surely, refusing to play would be a breach? Not turning up to training? Or any numerous cuntish things footballers do that a normal employee wouldn't get away with. I don't see how they'll end up in the right here.

As far as I can see it, he turned up in the end and they said he was unfit/overweight? I would imagine footballers contracts have protections in them for this sort of occasion, or he wouldn't have just gone AWOL without any thought.

maybe yeah but i'm saying it's rare in the game, usually you get a mahrez type strop where they miss a game and a week of training then take the fine and get back to normal...a month with no contact is probably fairly unusual even for footballers but still as i say you'd have to believe the don is not telling porkies to even make the argument and i don't believe that for second

:thup: same. It's just playing to the gallery imo, they love it. I honestly can not see how this in any way ends up ruling in their favour. At the end of the day he did turn up, and they deemed him not fit. But i mean is being unfit a fair enough reason to sack him?

unlikely...from their perspective though i would maybe even argue it's worth the gamble myself - there's a chance they might win, albeit slim, and even if they lose they only have to pay him what they owed him plus costs anyways right?  maybe they fancying trying their hand....they saved 2 months wages from the cunt at least as it is, that'll cover a fair chunk of legal shit :lol: