Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

To remember how they slagged us off for playing in the ‘fizzy pop league’ and now they’re playing in the Pizzeria Cup.

He who laughs last, laughs the longest.

Dunno they seem to win often yet are just in a play off spot , like the proverbial turd hanging around every year  :lol:  Still moaning about the win yesterday ffs, worse than us .

Every year there’s always 2 clubs so much better than them , play off heartache again looms , if the season doesn’t get cancelled  :lol:

Ah gotcha, thanks Bimps. :thup:

Mackem's had some help with their win yesterday, and read some comments on r/soccer that they've had other lucky calls go their way.

They did, the penalty was ridiculous at the end.

Lucky they don't have VAR down there. huss9[/member] they're a playoff team at best, going to be a stroke of luck to get back up. Them losing in the playoffs would be tasty.

How bad would it be for them if they spent another season or two in this league? Financially I mean, I’d imagine their budget is on a par with the other sides in that league now. Could they exist in that state without the threat of winding up?

How bad would it be for them if they spent another season or two in this league? Financially I mean, I’d imagine their budget is on a par with the other sides in that league now. Could they exist in that state without the threat of winding up?

They will never be a force like they were  :lol:  Seriously they need new owners , build  and see where it goes , they will never be anywhere near us for 10 years more in my opinion, if we get taken over it could be a generation before we play them in the league.

They will never be a force like they were  :lol:  Seriously they need new owners , build  and see where it goes , they will never be anywhere near us for 10 years more in my opinion, if we get taken over it could be a generation before we play them in the league.

They need to go up this season and hope someone with actual bankroll takes them over from The Don. Can't imagine what their debt situation is looking like the longer they're down there and without gate revenue.

They don’t have quality in the team, just plodders , none of them could hack it in a championship team, they can’t afford to go up in truth.

The standard in league one is fucking grim , all teams, it’s getting worse if these scummy twats can’t waltz it.

A generation will never see them in the PL  :lol:

They don’t have quality in the team, just plodders , none of them could hack it in a championship team, they can’t afford to go up in truth.

The standard in league one is fucking grim , all teams, it’s getting worse if these scummy twats can’t waltz it.

A lot to truth in this. If they do go up it will be by the skin of their teeth, or complete fluke. Either way they'll have nothing to offer in a division littered with former premier league ambitions. Their squad is about 3-4 seasons away from competing with the likes of Huddersfield who themselves are probably never going to see the Prem again without a new owner and significant investment.

I just can't see a way for them to return any time soon, and i mean a decade soon.

Which makes it strange that bookies have them as favourite every year, yet they've basically got the same squad as everyone else around them (Hull, Charlton, Ipswich, Pompey).

Which makes it strange that bookies have them as favourite every year, yet they've basically got the same squad as everyone else around them (Hull, Charlton, Ipswich, Pompey).

It would be the same for us if we spent several years there. Leeds were the same kinda.