Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Howaythetoon

My mate who is a Mackem and a good lad is massively concerned about the Don like, he feels they have taken advantage of the situation to take it off Short’s hands for next to nowt without the actual funds to get them back to the PL. He fears a mortgaging if assets and a few years down there. Poor cunt as he’s a good lad and never once took the piss when we went down. Me being a bigger cunt couldn’t help it :lol:

breaking down the latest (16/17) SAFC accounts. It's pretty scary reading if you are a mackem. Even with Short wiping out the loan I wonder if  he has settled all the outstanding owed on players which looks like £21 million for next year with £3million coming in.

£8,955,000 in gate receipts for their relegation season from the PL :lol: That’s ridiculously low isn’t it and further evidences their free ticket giveaway?

That can't be right? If you disregard cup games, divide that by 19 and then again by 40k (assuming the average crowd would be about that?) then the average ticket price was under £12 a head. :lol:

No wonder they were up shit creek.

£8,955,000 in gate receipts for their relegation season from the PL :lol: That’s ridiculously low isn’t it and further evidences their free ticket giveaway?

Think ours for the relegation season was £25million

I'm all for cheap tickets and it's great to a degree, but as soon as you're off the Premier League TV gravy train, you're going to struggle to sustain a Championship squad let alone a Premier League squad on that. When you think 2-3k a week must go for £30 a match to away fans, then you've got season ticket holders who probably do pay top whack, it's just not possible to keep doing.

That can't be right? If you disregard cup games, divide that by 19 and then again by 40k (assuming the average crowd would be about that?) then the average ticket price was under £12 a head. :lol:

No wonder they were up shit creek.

That figure will also include their 2 cup games at home that season :lol:

Works out about £10 a head :lol: Those figures include hospitality etc. too