Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

They really should have stayed up given the resources and teams of Bolton, Burton and Barnsley and 43 points would have been enough. They'll probably win the league next season and very likely win promotion, but even if they do, they are at least a year away from just getting back to where they are now.

They're about £200m away from a team capable of staying in the premiership. That's a big gap to catch up, especially when they're downgrading ownership finances and will have lost their PP advantage. The 3 teams which go down every year from the premiership will be too much for them to compete against, especially if some stay down there such as villa this season.

Unless the new consortium has a huge amount of money and ambition or thry score lucky with some academy prospects I just can't see them coming back to the Premier in a long long time, and even if thry do it'll be a quick visit. It may be a case of being a yo yo club for a few years and using that financial advantage each time to keep building. Burnley being a good example, especially sticking with the manager. I'm still thinking Short has his claws in the club and will do for a long time. They will no doubt be paying him a decent wedge should thry return to the top flight.

A Sheff Utd fan has gone on there and spoken sense, obviously that’s not gone down well at all. They also didn’t ‘come in peace’.

Be very surprised to see Wilder leave the Blades for Sunderland. It’d be a step back for him and there’s nothing he could achieve for Sunderland that he couldn’t at United.

Obviously there’s issues to be resolved at United but he has something to build on once it’s sorted. Why would he want to go to Sunderland?

You have a team that needs gutting, players on big money and he’d have to start all over again. He did that at the Lane but he’ll know there’ll be no guarantee he can do it again. Plus he’s a relatively successful Championship manager now and wouldn’t want to get a reputation as just a good lower league manager, in the same way as Warnock is seen as just a good Championship manager.

Sure you’ll probably offer him big money but his life, friend and family are all in Sheffield. Money counts for a lot but he’ll be on a decent wedge anyway.

It’s been his dream to lead United back to the Premier League. The fans love him and crowds are growing, just under 27000 average last season. The players will run through brick walls for him.

I think he’ll stay where he is, I hope so anyway.

Regardless of whether he stays or goes to you lot though, don’t expect to walk League One. There’s some better sides than you might think who play some decent football. Add in the fact that every single club will play against you as if it’s their cup final and you start to get the picture.

Oh, and the fan who reckons managing Sunderland in League One has more status than United a league higher, what frigging planet are you on?

That’s the kind of delusional bollox our neighbours across the city would come out with, I didn’t realise there were similar half wits up in your parts.

I do hope you sort yourselves out though, but not at our expense. I know how you must be feeling because we’ve been there. You’ve had a torrid few years and so have we, in fact a lot more. The worst thing is the pleasure other fans of lesser clubs get in your downfall.

Good luck in the future but not with this Wilder please!

Looks as if it was typed by a glue sniffing Romanian spastic IMHO.

You’re clearly an idiot.

Bigger in every way mate, bigger ground, bigger fan base, way better history, way more seasons in the top flight... I could go on.

We are bigger than you and Sheffield Wesnesday, and Wednesday are bigger than you.