Group D - Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria - CRO & ARG advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

Messi is class, no doubt. Goal was good, no doubt. But this over-the-top analysis (BBC) is laughable. Acting like it was the greatest control of a ball we've ever seen. Calm the fuck down :lol:

In terms of technical ability it was the goal of the tournament, so far but then i suppose it depends what you like. Players rocketing it in from 20 yards are 10 a penny these days. If far prefer analysts to rave about the best player in the world doing something amazing than an average player who stuck one in the top corner.

I much prefer finishes like that or Lingard’s for England other a thunder bastard or a free kick. Love a slick move with a goal like Perez’ against Arsenal for example.

Spot on. It's those deft touches, sharp turns and neat finishes.

Yep :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

That's not a pen like. Definitely in the 'it's turning into a non-contact sport!' category.

Guest Howaythetoon

Want Nigeria to go through like as much as I want to see more of Messi and for him to star in this WC.

Guest firetotheworks

Not a pen imo

He’s got both hands on him. It’s a penalty.

Having hands on players doesn't automatically make it a penalty. [emoji38]

That's not a pen like. Definitely in the 'it's turning into a non-contact sport!' category.

Plus the Nigerian actively launches himself into Mascherano at the end of the exchange to simulate a pull.

Guest firetotheworks

By the written laws of course it’s a penalty. If someone was holding Messi like that you’d all want him shot.

Show me that written law please. And no, I wouldn't.

By the written laws of course it’s a penalty. If someone was holding Messi like that you’d all want him shot.

Show me that written law please. And no, I wouldn't.

*holds an opponent

*impedes an opponent with contact