Group E - Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia - BRA & SWI advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

Neymar is everything I hate about modern football and the modern footballer. He somehow has to make it all about him, everything. He is a great player, but Ronaldinho was never like that nor was Ronaldo or their other great players. Romario had a reputation, but in ‘94 he was the epitome of low key and a team player.

Guest firetotheworks

Get in. 

You have a bet on like Neesy or do you just always side with the nobheads?

Seriously any need for that you bell end.

I'll take ney mar of this mind lads. One more and you're out of here.

Can you ban me please.

[emoji38] Fair play for asking something I imagine loads of people have thought about asking.

I’m expecting this one to be a borefest, which means it’ll probably be a barnstormer

There's the whole Serbia/Kosovo thing bubbling in the background.  Shaqiri is even wearing the Kosovo flag on his boots, something Mitro has already taken note of

“If he loves Kosovo so much and decides to flaunt the flag, why did he refuse the chance to play for their team?,” He asked after seeing Shaqiri’s boot of choice.

:lol:  Could get tasty

Think 17 out of the 23 Swiss players are either immigrants or children of immigrants, and thus could have played for other nations if they wanted. Such a weird situation just due to the sheer number. Have no issues with immigrants playing for their new nation, obviously. But also feels like the Swiss FA has been on the ball to essentially secure the best talent before their «original» nations grabbed them. They’ve been handing cameos to tons of these type of players in competitive fixtures just to lock them to Switzerland.

Think 17 out of the 23 Swiss players are either immigrants or children of immigrants, and thus could have played for other nations if they wanted. Such a weird situation just due to the sheer number. Have no issues with immigrants playing for their new nation, obviously. But also feels like the Swiss FA has been on the ball to essentially secure the best talent before their «original» nations grabbed them. They’ve been handing cameos to tons of these type of players in competitive fixtures just to lock them to Switzerland.

I understand the point and don't know how this compares with other teams, but I've just had a look and out of Switzerland's 23-man squad, only 8 players weren't born in Switzerland, while of those 8, 4 had moved to Switzerland by the time they were 5 years old.

Guest firetotheworks

It's an international thing now though innit? Culture's viewed as just as important as lineage and where you were born. Germany was/is full of Poles and I'm pretty sure it was a hot topic on here a while back because iirc a country was borderline harvesting Brazilians. [emoji38]

It's an international thing now though innit? Culture's viewed as just as important as lineage and where you were born. Germany was/is full of Poles and I'm pretty sure it was a hot topic on here a while back because iirc a country was borderline harvesting Brazilians. [emoji38]

Qatar literally paying Brazilian players to become Qatari citizens :lol: