Group E - Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia - BRA & SWI advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It was weak as p*ss s*** defending. Get over it.

Really wasn't though. It's your bias talking. Trying to rile me up. Because you're being a massive dick :lol: Honest to god, not sure why Wenger said something like that. He's the first one I've seen agree with not the VAR being used. Watched about 20 post-matches. Barely slept this night :lol:

It's the same type of contact you see at every corner and free kick. His hands are on his back but it's not really a push, Miranda steps forward as much and until that point is also holding onto the striker. If you watch the replay from from the other side with a wide view of the box from ground level this is obvious.

I've watched every single one. It's absolutely a push man :lol: Are you taking the p*ss? He has fully extended his arms and pushed Miranda right before the ball gets there. There's a few when the ball is whipped in, in which Miranda clearly fall forward with this upperbody. This is why players throw themselves to the ground and cry for 50minutes. If he had done that, the foul would've been given. I'm apparently supposed to be p*ssed at the VAR team now and not the ref itself, but can't the ref review it himself if he's unsure to make his own mind up?

He puts his hand on his back but it's not a push. He steps forward himself due to his awful positioning and being off balance. All the striker is really doing is trying to release from the hold Miranda has on him.

It's weak as p*ss awful defending.

Pointless to discuss tbh. Not seen anyone say it's not a push except some of you in here riling me up. The only real argument I've seen against it being allowed is that ''it happens all the time''. Well offside goals, diving and dumb fouls inside the pk area happens all the time as well, but that's what VAR is supposed to be able to correct.

It's hardly a push. He's releasing himself from the hold Miranda has on him as they are grappling in the box. It looks like a bad push because he steps forward as he's off balance already but that's not really the case.

It was weak as p*ss s*** defending. Get over it.

Really wasn't though. It's your bias talking. Trying to rile me up. Because you're being a massive dick :lol: Honest to god, not sure why Wenger said something like that. He's the first one I've seen agree with not the VAR being used. Watched about 20 post-matches. Barely slept this night :lol:

It's the same type of contact you see at every corner and free kick. His hands are on his back but it's not really a push, Miranda steps forward as much and until that point is also holding onto the striker. If you watch the replay from from the other side with a wide view of the box from ground level this is obvious.

I've watched every single one. It's absolutely a push man :lol: Are you taking the p*ss? He has fully extended his arms and pushed Miranda right before the ball gets there. There's a few when the ball is whipped in, in which Miranda clearly fall forward with this upperbody. This is why players throw themselves to the ground and cry for 50minutes. If he had done that, the foul would've been given. I'm apparently supposed to be p*ssed at the VAR team now and not the ref itself, but can't the ref review it himself if he's unsure to make his own mind up?

He puts his hand on his back but it's not a push. He steps forward himself due to his awful positioning and being off balance. All the striker is really doing is trying to release from the hold Miranda has on him.

It's weak as p*ss awful defending.

Pointless to discuss tbh. Not seen anyone say it's not a push except some of you in here riling me up. The only real argument I've seen against it being allowed is that ''it happens all the time''. Well offside goals, diving and dumb fouls inside the pk area happens all the time as well, but that's what VAR is supposed to be able to correct.

It's hardly a push. He's releasing himself from the hold Miranda has on him as they are grappling in the box. It looks like a bad push because he steps forward as he's off balance already but that's not really the case.

:thup: I agree. Changed my mind. Seen it again. Piss poor defending, there's absolutely no push in play. Clattenburg which most in here consider the best ref in the world must see the same replay I saw now, would change his mind to a no foul as well. 

Tbh I think it would have been a soft freekick but I agreed with Ian Wright afterwards, it's a lot harder to wave marginal calls like that away now the referee can fully scrutinise them.

Some of the refs seem to just be declining the opportunity to use VAR in these situations which is for the best imo.

Guest neesy111

Tbh I think it would have been a soft freekick but I agreed with Ian Wright afterwards, it's a lot harder to wave marginal calls like that away now the referee can fully scrutinise them.

Some of the refs seem to just be declining the opportunity to use VAR in these situations which is for the best imo.

This is the start of football officially becoming a non-contact sport imo.

For me a bit of argy bargy and jostling for position is completely legitimate and encouraged, but if you push someone as they, or are about to, make a play on the ball, it's a pen/free kick. For me that's stonewall.

For me a bit of argy bargy and jostling for position is completely legitimate and encouraged, but if you push someone as they, or are about to, make a play on the ball, it's a pen/free kick. For me that's stonewall.

:thup:

The thing is in that situation Miranda needed to be getting more physical anyway - I think that's why initially it just looked poor defending. The goal might not have happened without the push but Zuber would have easily 'climbed' up his back and outjumped him to win the header.

Guest firetotheworks

For me the bottom line is that it's not a clear and obvious error because it's debatable and if the ref was relying on VAR to tell them to have another look, he wasn't doing his job properly. The ref could have gone either way and VAR rightly didn't get involved and I presume wouldn't have gotten involved if he'd disallowed it. The argument as I see it is that those that think it was a push think it was clear and obvious, despite there being plenty that disagree who are therefore proving that it's debatable and therefore not clear and obvious.

For me the bottom line is that it's not a clear and obvious error because it's debatable and if the ref was relying on VAR to tell them to have another look, he wasn't doing his job properly. The ref could have gone either way and VAR rightly didn't get involved and I presume wouldn't have gotten involved if he'd disallowed it. The argument as I see it is that those that think it was a push think it was clear and obvious, despite there being plenty that disagree who are therefore proving that it's debatable and therefore not clear and obvious.

That goes for every decision in sport...

Guest firetotheworks

Not necessarily. There's a line where these things become clear, like. Yesterday's push wasn't in that realm. It could have been given and there'd have been no big complaint from me, but it was the ref's decision to make, not VAR's to correct one way or another.

Not necessarily. There's a line where these things become clear, like. Yesterday's push wasn't in that realm. It could have been given and there'd have been no big complaint from me, but it was the ref's decision to make, not VAR's to correct one way or another.

k

Brazil are overloaded with individual brilliance, but they don't make an effective team. Everyone wants to take too many touches and it slows them right down and makes it easy to defend against. Combine that with amateur defensive howlers like the one today and they aren't going to win anything.

Brazil have made an official complaint about the Swiss goal. :lol:

A FIFA spokesperson has also said "“In the incident with Switzerland’s goal you can see there is a push but it is a really small touch, Miranda was not jumping and it would not have been regarded as a penalty if the defender had pushed an attacker in the same way. There was a silent check by the VAR and he agreed with the referee’s judgment to award the goal."

A FIFA spokesperson has also said "“In the incident with Switzerland’s goal you can see there is a push but it is a really small touch, Miranda was not jumping and it would not have been regarded as a penalty if the defender had pushed an attacker in the same way. There was a silent check by the VAR and he agreed with the referee’s judgment to award the goal."

that's a great point I hadnt even thought of. Can't (doesn't) go both ways

It's really not. If a striker goes to head a ball and gets push it's a penalty.

It's really not. If a striker goes to head a ball and gets push it's a penalty.

aye a proper push, not a little shove when jostling for position and creating space