Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

I'm a critic of Longstaff but I don't dislike him enough to pretend he had an awful game when he didn't 

I don't think he's good but I never want him to play badly and I can admit when he's played well

And today I think overall he played well. If losing the odd ball means you were honking then that applies to Bruno, Isak, Joelinton etc etc 

9 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I'm a critic of Longstaff but I don't dislike him enough to pretend he had an awful game when he didn't 

I don't think he's good but I never want him to play badly and I can admit when he's played well

And today I think overall he played well. If losing the odd ball means you were honking then that applies to Bruno, Isak, Joelinton etc etc 

Screenshot_20240901_205449_Chrome.thumb.jpg.89c0f6a02797a8a0415d403c849706de.jpg

Some of our fans are ridiculous :bob:

Sean did well today I thought, was steady, covered the hard yards and used the ball well. Some good blocks and tackles.

Seems as though he'll have a percentage of the fanbase on his case every game regardless of whether he's good, poor or indifferent like which is a shame.

I do hope Tonali takes his place longer term but his reliability and availability will mean he'll still be an important squad member this year.

59 minutes ago, Menace said:

What did Tonali do that was so great when he came on I'm baffled?

He's not Longstaff, which seems to be enough for an uncomfortable amount of people among our support.

Absolutely rank this Longstaff pile on from a section of our 'fans' like. Proper weird behavior.

The lad is Newcastle through and through, never goes hiding, and always puts in a shift. Aye, he's probably not in the top 3 short list for the ballon d'or, but we could do far, far worse. It's like people forgot Jack Colback even existed [emoji38]

There are so many other players that have played for us that deserved this kind of criticism. Longstaff isn't one of them.

Baffled by people trolling player rating polls. It's pathetic. 

16 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

Absolutely rank this Longstaff pile on from a section of our 'fans' like. Proper weird behavior.

The lad is Newcastle through and through, never goes hiding, and always puts in a shift. Aye, he's probably not in the top 3 short list for the ballon d'or, but we could do far, far worse. It's like people forgot Jack Colback even existed [emoji38]

There are so many other players that have played for us that deserved this kind of criticism. Longstaff isn't one of them.

Baffled by people trolling player rating polls. It's pathetic. 

It's actually just bullying tbh on a mass scale.

You can have criticisms of a player but when they're giving their all and actually playing well, what the fuck is that all about, fucking whoppers.

I do wonder what's happend to him physically (and maybe mentally?) though. Looking at older footage of him, he is noticeably slower and way less agile than he used to be. You never see him pull off some of those "easy" but effective dribbles to get away from his man anymore. He seems incapable of turning with the ball unless he's got like 3-4 seconds in order to pass forwards. It's like watching a completely different footballer

He played his part today and did ok. I still think he's extremely limited but his weaknesses are amplified when he's on the ball and needs to do something creative and productive. We were under the cosh for an hour but he held firm, stuck it out, got a foot in when necessary and disrupted Spurs' attacks. When we're on the back foot and soaking it up then he always looks better. Ask him to bring it out or pass/create then he's out of his zone.

He did well enough today, solid 6 or 7 out of 10. The score on BBC is a joke

I think he’s a decent enough footballer with a great attitude to running.

Reckon he’d probably play better football at a club where he’s not terrified of making mistakes. That’s a shame. I really like him.

Just now, Lotus said:

I think he’s a decent enough footballer with a great attitude to running.

Reckon he’d probably play better football at a club where he’s not terrified of making mistakes. That’s a shame. I really like him.

must be hard for him and miggy knowing they're invariably going to be made scapgoats.

think he mentioned it in a recent interview.

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

must be hard for him and miggy knowing they're invariably going to be made scapgoats.

think he mentioned it in a recent interview.

That is very sad. Imagine a childhood dream becoming a nightmare in a team that’s doing alright ffs. 
I’d rather he was on the bench but I want him to stay if he’s happy. 

17 minutes ago, Lotus said:

That is very sad. Imagine a childhood dream becoming a nightmare in a team that’s doing alright ffs. 
I’d rather he was on the bench but I want him to stay if he’s happy. 

soon will be on the bench once tonali and (hopefully} willock get up to speed.