Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Just now, TheDimpleboy said:

Yep. Started for us week in week out in a team that finished in the top 4 and was robbed from champions league progression, but not good enough for them 👍

If I was a fan of those clubs I would not want to be bringing him in. 

5 minutes ago, TRC said:

He looked good when he had 4 class players around him in Joelinton, Bruno, Trippier and Isak/Wilson. But when those players are out he is shown up as a bloke who just runs around 

I think he falls into the same basket as Almiron. I appreciate the fact they work hard and are good lads but neither are even remotely good enough to be playing for a team that has ambitions of playing European football every year. I understand that we'll need a squad but offering nothing other than hard work just isn't good enough any longer. I don't hate them, I'll reserve hate for the likes of Owen, but they're just not good enough and need to be moved on asap. They're just largely ineffective bodies in the squad and not a million miles above Hendrick, Hayden, Fraser etc if I'm being brutally honest. Trying really hard just isn't enough, we've moved on

Like a few players, when most are fully fit he's a "system" player that can do a job around the quality players, but when he's expected to step up himself, he's lacking desperately. Hopefully within a couple of more windows he's reduced to squad player. 

5 minutes ago, midds said:

I think he falls into the same basket as Almiron. I appreciate the fact they work hard and are good lads but neither are even remotely good enough to be playing for a team that has ambitions of playing European football every year. I understand that we'll need a squad but offering nothing other than hard work just isn't good enough any longer. I don't hate them, I'll reserve hate for the likes of Owen, but they're just not good enough and need to be moved on asap. They're just largely ineffective bodies in the squad and not a million miles above Hendrick, Hayden, Fraser etc if I'm being brutally honest. Trying really hard just isn't enough, we've moved on

This is a fair assessment, but I feel we aren't at a level where we can simply replace willy-nilly at present so it's kind of taking a big chance on offloading these kind of players and whether you can find a real hidden gem. This is where Ashworth probably came in. Not sure on the background of all that stuff but we need a real intelligent scouting system and transfer strategy now FFP is dicking us.

Don’t see why people would be vicious about him, he’ll be feeling the pressure for than anyone being a local lad, but he lacks the sharpness and quickness of play. Partly confidence but partly it’s his style of play. I don’t necessarily agree with playing Anderson & Wilock in this formation as I think they’re no.10’s more than anything else, but if Anderson can be disciplined enough defensively I’d play them both and take Longstaff out.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yet we signed a direct replacement for loads of money. 

I'd be shocked if he wasn't still at the club at the end of summer.

1 minute ago, vexred said:

Longstaff? Yeah, I expect you’re right. But the plan was for him to drop to the bench and play who-knows how many minutes. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

he's not quite good enough we know that but it's awful to read some of the toxic shite coming up about him on here, he's a good honest lad/player with limitations at this level. I hope him or any of his family don't read this fuckin board 

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Longstaff? Yeah, I expect you’re right. But the plan was for him to drop to the bench and play who-knows how many minutes. 

And HG for Europe. 

8 minutes ago, Holloway said:

he's not quite good enough we know that but it's awful to read some of the toxic shite coming up about him on here, he's a good honest lad/player with limitations at this level. I hope him or any of his family don't read this fuckin board 

Not helped by playing through injury and injections.

15 minutes ago, timnufc22 said:

Don’t see why people would be vicious about him, he’ll be feeling the pressure for than anyone being a local lad, but he lacks the sharpness and quickness of play. Partly confidence but partly it’s his style of play. I don’t necessarily agree with playing Anderson & Wilock in this formation as I think they’re no.10’s more than anything else, but if Anderson can be disciplined enough defensively I’d play them both and take Longstaff out.

Local lads always get the most grief - always have done.

Schar has been pants for some time, but you’ll not see much on him.  Willock has been well below par since his return, but it’s pretty quiet on that front.

Longstaff is a bang-average PL midfielder.  Our squad is light already, and he’s a HG which is a big necessity for Europe.  Unless we’re offered daft money, I don’t see why we’d sell at this point.  

31 minutes ago, vexred said:

I'd be shocked if he was, as any transfer money is pure profit with regards to FFP (or whatever it's called now). The owners will push for it.

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I'd be shocked if he was, as any transfer money is pure profit with regards to FFP (or whatever it's called now). The owners will push for it.

We need our £60m signing available whose name we keep singing despite him being fucking unavailable all season. Tonali > Longstaff. Well not for NUFC he hasn't been, quite the opposite. Not yet.

(Not a dig at you BTW mate.)

7 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I wouldn’t mind keeping him as a depth player. Depends on the offer obviously and then it will be up to him if he wants to go. Can’t see anyone giving us more than 15m for him. At that price I’d prefer to keep him as he’s home grown and isn’t as bad as some people think. Just annoying in the final third. Always seems to be losing his balance or shanking the ball at the worst possible moment. He’s definitely not 100% fit either so there’s that. 

29 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Local lads always get the most grief - always have done.

Schar has been pants for some time, but you’ll not see much on him.  Willock has been well below par since his return, but it’s pretty quiet on that front.

Longstaff is a bang-average PL midfielder.  Our squad is light already, and he’s a HG which is a big necessity for Europe.  Unless we’re offered daft money, I don’t see why we’d sell at this point.  

To be fair you slagged Schar even when he was bossing it. He was brilliant tonight, played through an injury for half an hour Sat because we had no subs and was very good against City so no idea what you’re on about. Go further back than that and he was MoTM against Wolves. Weird comment tbh.

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

To be fair you slagged Schar even when he was bossing it. He was brilliant tonight, played through an injury for half an hour Sat because we had no subs and was very good against City so no idea what you’re on about. Go further back than that and he was MoTM against Wolves. Weird comment tbh.

Schar has been good. Also not easy playing with 3 different CBs and 3 or 4 different RBs in less than 2 months haha. 

5 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Sorry, when did this happen?

9 minutes ago, Sufi said:

I wouldn’t mind keeping him as a depth player. Depends on the offer obviously and then it will be up to him if he wants to go. Can’t see anyone giving us more than 15m for him. At that price I’d prefer to keep him as he’s home grown and isn’t as bad as some people think. Just annoying in the final third. Always seems to be losing his balance or shanking the ball at the worst possible moment. He’s definitely not 100% fit either so there’s that. 

Pure profit though, as said I'll be surprised if he's not one of the first players out of the club. We'll see in the summer anyway.

1 hour ago, midds said:

Not just us moving on the league has stepped up in quality this year

50 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Local lads always get the most grief - always have done.char has

S

been pants for some time, but you’ll not see much on him.  Willock has been well below par since his return, but it’s pretty quiet on that front.

Pants? He's been bright orange and purple loons. I'll give you Willock

15 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Pants? He's been bright orange and purple loons. I'll give you Willock

Honestly, I think Schar has been under par for a couple of months.  All just opinions, of course.