Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

• 2 weeks later...

He's such a hindrance to any attempts to play clever football in the final third.

Infuriating as he gets into so many good positions.

Another awful game, Anderson came on and right away showed some fight in midfield that helped us get back in it, he was a passenger most game and when he did get the ball he did nothing useful with it.

Lads finished. Absolute wreck of a football player. Can’t see how you can keep playing someone with absolutely no confidence. 

Aye, wasn’t his best performance. He’s probably playing below the standard of Jeff Hendrick atm. 
Maybe he needs a bit of a rest.

Really good at crashing the box still. But his final pass or shot is now almost always lacking. 

Everything else has dropped off a cliff. As he still gets about the pitch. But he’s like a traffic cone when he gets to players. Just doesn’t make a challenge or even make it difficult for the man in possession. This injury must really be bothering him. As he’s become a nothing player. 

Anderson must be close to a start. But I doubt Howe would want to play him

with Willock. Perhaps a bit too attacking as a 3. 

Can't do anything right atm. He's better than this, but we can't afford passengers. 

Anderson and even get Harrison minutes. It can't be any worse

Carrying an injury still I believe? Find it hard to be too critical if so, but would definitely like to see us give some sustained minutes to Anderson before the season is out and take Longstaff out of the firing line. 

Criticising Sean is one of the grimmest for me like, local lad living the dream and that, but I find myself screaming "improve on your obvious shortcomings " and it just doesn't happen. Ponderous in possession, failing to deliver a key pass, and a tendency to flap in good scoring positions( which a lot of the time come about through razor sharp awareness and subsequent runs).

Happily keep him as back up next season👍

7 minutes ago, captainhaircut said:

Howe said in the week he wasn’t carrying an injury any more. 

he’s just shite unfortunately. 

He’s a brilliant professional - can never doubt that, but the standards and expectations have risen and he’s struggled to keep up - a fresh start for him away from NUFC is required 

On 29/03/2024 at 15:44, BonesJones said:

What an absolutely wonderful video.

Absolutely love him and Burn, they're very much at the heart of the squad I feel, irrespective of how talented people feel they are(n't).

That PSG game man. Gives me goosebumps.

Edited by Heron

36 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Werw, hang on, he's bad but is he that bad? [emoji38]

He covered loads of ground, the most out of all our players, slightly ahead of Bruno. He just didn't have the ball most of the time.

32 minutes ago, Heron said:

What an absolutely wonderful video.

Absolutely love him and Burn, they're very much at the heart of the squad I feel, irrespective of how talented people feel they are(n't).

That PSG game man. Gives me goosebumps.

Lovely lad,not a very good footballer.

24 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

you must have never seen the legend that was Jason Lee.

He’s got a pineapple on his head…..

i like him. granted he's not had the best season.

but watching all his interviews, its quite clear there's a sense of "imposter syndrome" in his psyche.

really not the most confident fella.