Fabian Schär

5 hours ago, Stifler said:

Can well and truly fuck off.

Keeps going forward like an attacker and keeps costing us goals.

Done it 3 times today to let Chris fucking Wood score a Hattrick and look like prime Messi whilst he stands watching the background shrugging his shoulders asking what the defence was up too?

If I was one of our players on the pitch I’d be throwing everything at the cunt in the changing room.

There is zero excuse for it.

I can handle mistakes and fuck ups, but I draw the fucking line at deliberate recklessness.

Couldn’t agree more he’s reverted back to being an absolute liability, I get he might be frustrated but his ill discipline needs addressing by Howe urgently. 

He was unbelievable at the start of the season, but over the last month or so he’s been really poor. His discipline is appalling. How is he being allowed to just sprint off forward on seemingly every occasion. Don’t get me wrong, for a CB he’s generally good at it, but maybe once or twice a game if needed, not at every opportunity. 

Said to my mate before their second, wtf is he doing out at left back and it came back to bite us. Can’t always be expecting the team to rearrange itself to account for his runs forward or even just out of position when it’s happening so often. We’re on shit form, just get the basics right first. 

2 hours ago, JJ7 said:

He was unbelievable at the start of the season, but over the last month or so he’s been really poor. His discipline is appalling. How is he being allowed to just sprint off forward on seemingly every occasion. Don’t get me wrong, for a CB he’s generally good at it, but maybe once or twice a game if needed, not at every opportunity. 

Said to my mate before their second, wtf is he doing out at left back and it came back to bite us. Can’t always be expecting the team to rearrange itself to account for his runs forward or even just out of position when it’s happening so often. We’re on shit form, just get the basics right first. 

He always used to do it when we were in control, now he wants to lead the attack. Needs to remember he's a defender first. 

46 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Several times recently he has bombed forward and left us completely open at the back. No awareness of whether someone else is covering. Kamikaze defending 

We know how he plays and I'm sure Howe let's him do that.

Defence should be covering him when he does it.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Still don’t think he was to blame for the Milan goal. 

The Milan central midfielder ran past 2 central midfielders who were well positioned to stop him. 

When he goes. Someone should fill in. It’s basic. 

100% his fault. He ran into the box when there was no need. Usually his runs go to the edge, then be in an area to assist on any counter. That run took him out of the game and that goal out of Europe. 

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

100% his fault. He ran into the box when there was no need. Usually his runs go to the edge, then be in an area to assist on any counter. That run took him out of the game and that goal out of Europe. 

Gonna knock the cunt oot when I see him in gossy traders.

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

When the attack breaks down it is 4 vs 3 in our favour. It ends up being 4 vs 3 in Milan’s favour. That’s not Schar’s fault. 

The Milan player literally bursts past Bruno and on to our back 3. The athleticism is awful and the lack of game nous to bring him down is symptomatic of the naivety of our team. Trippier did the same on thr weekend.  Bruno had an opportunity to stop the attack and he didn’t. It’s more his fault than Schar. 

Isak is also close to the Milan player. He’s fresh off the bench. He ends up behind the 4th Milan attacker. It was piss poor from him too.  

Attackd break up at the edge of opposition box all the time.  There should be midfielders around to protect the defence when it does. That’s the point of a midfield. 

He bombs on WITH the ball. They can all see him do it. I don’t understand why none of the midfielders think - man I need to cover for him. Probably because none are natural DMs. But it should have been corrected by management awhile ago or he should be told to stop if the plan is for nobody to sweep up for him.  

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

When the attack breaks down it is 4 vs 3 in our favour. It ends up being 4 vs 3 in Milan’s favour. That’s not Schar’s fault. 

The Milan player literally bursts past Bruno and on to our back 3. The athleticism is awful and the lack of game nous to bring him down is symptomatic of the naivety of our team. Trippier did the same on thr weekend.  Bruno had an opportunity to stop the attack and he didn’t. It’s more his fault than Schar. 

Isak is also close to the Milan player. He’s fresh off the bench. He ends up behind the 4th Milan attacker. It was piss poor from him too.  

Attackd break up at the edge of opposition box all the time.  There should be midfielders around to protect the defence when it does. That’s the point of a midfield. 

Let’s not get too Rinus Michels.   Who is more likely to cause problems in the opposition area - Bruno or Schar?

Given that I’ve asked a rhetorical question, Schar needs to stop whatever Total Football fantasy is playing in his head and get back to playing centre back.  

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He bombs on WITH the ball. They can all see him do it. I don’t understand why none of the midfielders think - man I need to cover for him. Probably because none are natural DMs. But it should have been corrected by management awhile ago or he should be told to stop if the plan is for nobody to sweep up for him.  

I mean, you’ve just answered the very point you’ve been raising.  None of the MFs can cover - so why does Schar keep doing it?  

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I mean, you’ve just answered the very point you’ve been raising.  None of the MFs can cover - so why does Schar keep doing it?  

I’m not buying that. Covering someone who’s out of position when the oppo has the ball is something you’re taught as a kid?

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

I’m not buying that. Covering someone who’s out of position when the oppo has the ball is something you’re taught as a kid?

I’m not saying that they shouldn’t be able to do it.  But they don’t.  Bruno might as well stand pointing in the direction of our goal when it happens.