Fabian Schär - Out for the remainder of the season with Hamstring injury (Howe)

1 hour ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Every time I see a player thread near the top of the page Iately I have to look to make sure they've not been in a bizarre gardening accident  

Yeah. I'm getting Hot Fuzz vibes about this season.

Just now, jack j said:

Deserves to be near the top of the page

Thought he was majestic today. Again

He’s arrived at that level, a bit like Bruno last season where he’s putting in faultless performances every single game 

Getting better as he ages. That run and shot towards the end would have been an amazing goal. His long distance passing was majestic again. 

To think our previous manager preferred Ciaran Clarke 😫😫

Can't really tell whos better between him and Botman, that's how good he is. Schär is definetly more complete, and I actually think I rate him even more. Outside of pace he's literally so good at everything. I wonder what would've happened to his career if it wasn't for the takeover, it's a scary thought. Still puzzled as to why Switzerland doesn't play him? Sometimes they even play with 3 CBs, and he's still on the bench.

Edited by Erikse

Just now, Erikse said:

Can't really tell whos better between him and Botman, that's how good he is. Schär is definetly more complete, and I actually think I rate him even more. Outside of pace he's literally so good at everything. I wonder what would've happened to his career if it wasn't for the takeover, it's a scary thought. Still puzzled as to why Switzerland doesn't play him? Sometimes they even play with 3 CBs, and he's still on the bench.

Perhaps those in charge are dummies? 

Schar is so underrated by everyone outside of Newcastle its almost criminal. 

He clearly is one of our best defenders, but getting any opposition fan to even k ow his name is virtually impossible...

Suppose every team has a player they rate and love that no-one else seems to rate at all

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

Schar is better, Sven is an absolute monster and much better than he should be at his age mind but Schar is different class. 

he’s one of the best players in the league, media just haven’t cottoned on. 

I think Schar is in the top five centre backs in the whole league, I knew he was always quality, but, he's been so poorly managed in his time here, he even knew himself when he gave some surly interviews in the past when we were playing terrible, he could have thrown the towel in or left, I'm so pleased for him and us now, he's an absolute class act.