Fabian Schär

its mad that diaz can shove schar over well after the whistle and that isn't considered violent conduct and that head movement is. I hate to use the phrase common sense but some surely has to be used here. 

Got so say that in the art of being a slimy cunt, Diaz did it beatifully. First "mistakenly" pushing him, acting like he thought the ball was still in play. Then him actually initiating the head contact without anyone noticing in it real time. 

Cant really credit him for being born slimy looking, but still..

10/10.

Edited by Displayname

2 hours ago, Tiresias said:

its mad that diaz can shove schar over well after the whistle and that isn't considered violent conduct and that head movement is. I hate to use the phrase common sense but some surely has to be used here. 

It's not just mad, it shows how stupidly the laws are applied. That shove was hard enough to knock Schar over, it could easily be termed assault. I don't see why putting hands on a player face to face is a sending off offence, but when you charge him from behind it's because football is a contact sport.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

It's not just mad, it shows how stupidly the laws are applied. That shove was hard enough to knock Schar over, it could easily be termed assault. I don't see why putting hands on a player face to face is a sending off offence, but when you charge him from behind it's because football is a contact sport.

I think his only defense here would be that he thought the ball was still in play. 

2 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Just caught up on the highlights.

absolute joke, it’s been said already but it’s absolutely 2 yellows or 2 reds, common sense would be to book them both and carry on.

Yellow each for the head to head, plus a yellow for the simulation by BBD imo.

14 minutes ago, Displayname said:

I think his only defense here would be that he thought the ball was still in play. 

Nah, really clear whistle. Diaz just decided to barge Schar over, verbally abuse him and hope what did happen, would happen. 

Could have been no real argument if Diaz had been booked for the completely unnecessary and excess barge and both players getting yellows for touching heads.

Edited by Tsunami

14 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Then the two armed shove in someone’s back is an automatic foul anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Nah, really clear whistle. Diaz just decided to barge Schar over, verbally abuse him and hope what did happen, would happen. 

Could have been no real argument if Diaz had been booked for the completely unnecessary and excess barge and both players getting yellows for touching heads.

Dont get me wrong, I dont believe for a second myself that he actually thought the ball was still in play.

Have a player ever been given 2 yellow cards for the "same" situation though? Dont think I have ever seen it being done in practice before. If so he should have gotten a 3rd for the theatrics. 

12 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Dont get me wrong, I dont believe for a second myself that he actually thought the ball was still in play.

Have a player ever been given 2 yellow cards for the "same" situation though? Dont think I have ever seen it being done in practice before. If so he should have gotten a 3rd for the theatrics. 

Martinelli in a cup game comes to mind. They are supposed to do it still.

Edited by Erikse

If Schar knew the whistle had gone, he wouldn't have cared less by later being barged over (another foul anyway) and so wouldn't have reacted like that.

Whether you agree with the sending off or not, this is all on the ref for making a mess and losing control of the game.

31 minutes ago, Displayname said:

I'm sure it happened last season at one point. I've got no idea who it was though

15 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I'm sure it happened last season at one point. I've got no idea who it was though

I'm not sure if it was classed as the same situation, but Dalot for Man Utd last season againt Liverpool was a pretty quick yellows to red.

2 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I hope they at least reduce the ban. 3 games for that is madness.

The fact he will miss the best part of four games, 10 percent of the season , purely because of the decision of an opponent to perform theatrics, is utterly absurd 

Just now, Superior Acuña said:

Is it possible to reduce the ban? Reducing it would mean saying it wasn’t violent conduct and hence not a red surely? So three marches or zero…?

I think that's probably the situation, yeah.

8 hours ago, robbo_11 said:

I'm not sure if it was classed as the same situation, but Dalot for Man Utd last season againt Liverpool was a pretty quick yellows to red.

Yeah. He got one for dissent, kept going and got another one within seconds.