Fabian Schär - Out for the remainder of the season with Hamstring injury (Howe)

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

No dog in this fight. I like you both and often give your posts the thumbs up. 

But this reeks of the sort of shite you see on Twitter. Like how many followers you have used as an insult :lol: 

Aye fair enough. I'm out.:lol:

Edit: what the fuck you doing liking Ronaldos posts. :pow:

1 minute ago, Beth said:

A few bad games and probably carrying a knock and everyone calling him worse than shite. Let's drop him for Krafth[emoji38]

Have a look at my post. Literally said the opposite.

I've been saying the same for months.

I also love the bloke.

He's also got plenty to offer.

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

Everyone being one or two people

Actually just one.... and even then, I've got plenty of mitigation in there. 

Ridiculous post given how many times he’s played through the pain barrier for us tbh. Just really bad. Been brilliant for us for over 2 years.

Edited by Ronaldo

1 hour ago, STM said:

An "injury" which was another case of a player feeling something after getting rinsed.

It was honestly quite sad.

Who else has had an "injury" this season after getting rinsed?

I'm sure you said the same about Willock at Fulham and now he's out for the season so clearly wasn't faking it

17 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Who else has had an "injury" this season after getting rinsed?

I'm sure you said the same about Willock at Fulham and now he's out for the season so clearly wasn't faking it

I did and perhaps I'm being harsh, fair cop, but after years of watching heartless players bottle games of football because it wasn't going well for them...

Willock was having a shocking game, so did Schar. I won't be convinced injuries is a fair excuse. It might be a partial excuse but it let's both of them off the hook.

Maybe they were being "rinsed" cause their body / legs wasn't feeling right?

I've seen Schar get twatted more in one season than I have a lot of players during their career.

Edited by Menace

Just now, Menace said:

Maybe they were being "rinsed" cause their body legs wasn't feeling right?

Maybe you are right.

Certainly could have been the case with Willock but Schar has had some really poor moments this season, the sort of moments that a lad from Blyth wouldn't get away with.

I've previously said I think Schar is up there with our best ever CBs but he's no spring chicken.

42 minutes ago, STM said:

Aye fair enough. I'm out.:lol:

Edit: what the fuck you doing liking Ronaldos posts. :pow:

tbf, ronaldo's really mellowed.

he was fucking brutal before his comeback.

must've had kids or something :lol:

21 minutes ago, STM said:

Maybe you are right.

Certainly could have been the case with Willock but Schar has had some really poor moments this season, the sort of moments that a lad from Blyth wouldn't get away with.

I've previously said I think Schar is up there with our best ever CBs but he's no spring chicken.

So if he's pulled his hamstring and out for the season and Willock is also out for the season with injury, who has been faking injury for us?

Questioning the integrity and professionalism of our players seems very odd for this team

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

So if he's pulled his hamstring and out for the season and Willock is also out for the season with injury, who has been faking injury for us?

Questioning the integrity and professionalism of our players seems very odd for this team

Just as odd as someone claiming the club would force Bruno to leave even if he didn't want to. :lol:

18 minutes ago, huss9 said:

tbf, ronaldo's really mellowed.

he was fucking brutal before his comeback.

must've had kids or something :lol:

Swapped speed for weed. Changed my whole perspective on everything. 

1 minute ago, STM said:

Just as odd as someone claiming the club would force Bruno to leave even if he didn't want to. :lol:

The club has to run as a business, it's been talked about all season that we may have to cash in on one of our assets

Claiming players are faking injuries is the real nonsense

“Fabian had a bit of tightness in his hamstring,” said Howe, who saw his side climb to within a point of sixth-placed Manchester United, who were held to a 1-1 draw at home to Burnley. “We don’t think it’s a big injury – there’s not one moment where you think he’s pulled his hamstring – but it was enough to make him feel uncomfortable. He couldn’t fully sprint, so he had to come off.

“We were going to make the change (in the first half), but he said he was fine and he wanted to carry on. At half-time, it became clear so he couldn’t, so that’s when we eventually changed things.”

While Schar’s wellbeing will have to be assessed over the next few days, Tino Livramento came through his return to the starting line-up unscathed.

The full-back was forced to sit out Wednesday’s defeat at Crystal Palace because of an ongoing ankle issue, but he was confident he was fit enough to play this afternoon and helped drive Newcastle forward in the second half.

“Tino will be better for today,” said Howe. “We had a meeting yesterday, and he said he felt fit to play. He said he felt good. I backed him, and I thought he gave a really good performance for us.”

So Schar was being affected by injury. Fine. I apologise. I take it back. I was wrong to question his integrity.

And the other games this year when he's under performed? It's happening more and more frequently. Go into next year without thinking about another in his position and we will suffer greatly.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

So Schar was being affected by injury. Fine. I apologise. I take it back. I was wrong to question his integrity.

And the other games this year when he's under performed? It's happening more and more frequently. Go into next year without thinking about another in his position and we will suffer greatly.

I’d be amazed if we go into next season without signing at least one CB. Less games, or at least less intense games should mean we don’t have to play him every game as well. 

1 hour ago, STM said:

I did and perhaps I'm being harsh, fair cop, but after years of watching heartless players bottle games of football because it wasn't going well for them...

Willock was having a shocking game, so did Schar. I won't be convinced injuries is a fair excuse. It might be a partial excuse but it let's both of them off the hook.

Off the hook?  Explain.

3 minutes ago, Rod said:

Off the hook?  Explain.

Seen above so no explanation required.  However your perception of players is a bit strange.  Indicating faking injury etc