The Magpie Group

Heron

Well that's why you don't keep doing the same thing. There needs to be some variation, and I'd suggest some way to "join" and be part of the movement, rather than waiting for some self-styled, unelected, clandestine leadership council to just tell you what you're supposed to do next.

People need to feel involved, but they're making the process a little exclusive IMO and people will lose interest I imagine if that continues.

Just my opinion, of course.

Well that's why you don't keep doing the same thing. There needs to be some variation, and I'd suggest some way to "join" and be part of the movement, rather than waiting for some self-styled, unelected, clandestine leadership council to just tell you what you're supposed to do next.

People need to feel involved, but they're making the process a little exclusive IMO and people will lose interest I imagine if that continues.

Valid point. Two way street isn’t it?

My worry is that the longer this goes on for, week on week less and less people will turn up.

It needs to keep being mentioned on here and on twitter and on any other social media. Keep mentioning it to your mates and your work mates we need to keep pushing him.

Guest The Little Waster

The problem with IfRafaGoesWeGo , is the word If ... Its only a conditional threat . A better hastag to organise around would be AintComingBackTillAshleysGone . That would make taking immediate action a priority .

Hope you will be at the public meeting that's currently being planned?

The problem with IfRafaGoesWeGo , is the word If ... Its only a conditional threat . A better hastag to organise around would be AintComingBackTillAshleysGone . That would make taking immediate action a priority .

Yet things are as vital and energetic as it's been since Pardew and he's under more pressure than he has been since that time. His brand is being attacked consistently for the first time, but yeah let's debate a hashtag rather than attack attack attack.

Is there a date and time set for it?

A public meeting. In 2018. Really? Or is that just a token effort to get people involved, give them one shot to speak up and say their piece?

I mean I hope lots of people go and get something out of it, I really do. I may go myself if I'm available. But that's the thing, people have jobs that are different times of the day, people live in different locations, people have commitments. I travel for work and am often abroad so I may not even be in the country. Use the internet ffs. Let people contribute where and when they want, continuously, not once at a set time and place.

Maybe there's more "secret forums", make them public. Or make a different public one at least because obviously there needs to be some discreet talks at different levels, or use this forum officially and with proper, known representation from the group present to discuss things and reply to people.

#IfRafaGoesWeGo worked so wonderfully because anyone can do it. At any time. It's so simple and easy, and everyone can participate in their own way. This Magpie Group seems the reverse of that, with a "wait for us to tell you what to do" mentality.

It's great to see the pics and videos of the protests outside the sports direct store.

As I live in Sweden could only see the game on TV. Was there any protests at St James Park?

Couldn't see any of it on TV. Would have hoped it would be lots of protests when the game was showed live around the world.

Hope this is just the start and it will get bigger and get more attention in the media worldwide.

Keep up the good work!!!???

db7d9b3978e5d99e6afbf30323daee3e.jpg

Superb :clap:

What a perfect image.

Love it. Well done everyone. People may say it won't change anything but that's not the point, if you don't stand up for what you believe in only then is there no point.

Cause sitting in a bar and complaining over a pint made a significant change like every time in like never.  Twats

Guest The Little Waster

Yet things are as vital and energetic as it's been since Pardew and he's under more pressure than he has been since that time. His brand is being attacked consistently for the first time, but yeah let's debate a hashtag rather than attack attack attack.

Im not knocking whats happening , im saying the hastag isnt as decisive as it could have been .

Advise us what we can do to make it more inclusive (genuinely)

A public meeting. In 2018. Really? Or is that just a token effort to get people involved, give them one shot to speak up and say their piece?

I mean I hope lots of people go and get something out of it, I really do. I may go myself if I'm available. But that's the thing, people have jobs that are different times of the day, people live in different locations, people have commitments. I travel for work and am often abroad so I may not even be in the country. Use the internet ffs. Let people contribute where and when they want, continuously, not once at a set time and place.

Maybe there's more "secret forums", make them public. Or make a different public one at least because obviously there needs to be some discreet talks at different levels, or use this forum officially and with proper, known representation from the group present to discuss things and reply to people.

#IfRafaGoesWeGo worked so wonderfully because anyone can do it. At any time. It's so simple and easy, and everyone can participate in their own way. This Magpie Group seems the reverse of that, with a "wait for us to tell you what to do" mentality.

A fractured fan base is coming together for the first time in decades and yet you say this sorta stuff. You're entitled to your opinion. But in mine...WTF

What did you make of the protest at the weekend in front of Sports Direct ?

What did you make of the protest at the weekend in front of Sports Direct ?

I thought it was good to see, to see all those people there was fantastic. Well done to everyone. But the thing that's got Ashley's attention and that has had an actual affect is the #IfRafaGoes stuff, that's actually had an effect on his businesses and that's what's made him bite and react.

Also, regarding the protest, I did think it was poorly communicated. For so long it was just "turn up at 11" and no indication of what the actual plan was. People need to feel involved.

It's great to see the pics and videos of the protests outside the sports direct store.

As I live in Sweden could only see the game on TV. Was there any protests at St James Park?

Couldn't see any of it on TV. Would have hoped it would be lots of protests when the game was showed live around the world.

Hope this is just the start and it will get bigger and get more attention in the media worldwide.

Keep up the good work!!!???

I heard "If you hate Ashley stand up", in stoppage time.