The Magpie Group

Heron

Someone leaving the ground told me we were shit on Saturday and I was like "Are we even watching the same thing here?"

People thrive on negativity like especially when we're losing around the 60minute mark. The sighs and jeers start and I just stand there thinking "this game isn't lost so how is getting on their backs gonna help?" Then sure enough if someone sings about Ashley the same misery cunts have a pop.

I remember like 5 or 6 years ago if we were losing at 60minute the screw would be turned in the stands and it'd be bouncing for five or ten minutes to try and make one last push. Now it seems people just go to say they've been.

Listening to true faith podcast and they are saying they (magpie group) are planning protests next week at sports direct in London, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Belfast and Manchester

Listening to true faith podcast and they are saying they (magpie group) are planning protests next week at sports direct in London, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Belfast and Manchester

I didn't know whether that was in jest or not. If true it's not very widely publicized.

Guest firetotheworks

I've no problem with anyone who disagrees with the protests or wants to go to matches, but anyone opening having a go can absolutely get fucked like. There's a very specific type of fan who will aggressively bang on about supporting the team and that can't stand anyone protesting at all about anything, but will happily berate players and boo at half time - because apparently that's supporting the team? Loads of us experienced it first hand during the SackPardew stuff. I used to think they thought they were Superfans who think that paying for the privilege of enduring Mike Ashley pissing in their face is some sort of badge of honour that should be respected - and I still do think that tbh - but now I think that's just one part of it and they're actually just sad, frustrated old men who just want to get their aggression out, even if it makes them look thick as fuck.

I didn't know whether that was in jest or not. If true it's not very widely publicized.

Aye good point they are saying they are working on protests

Guest The Little Waster

The campaign needs to be widened and deepened , all fans should boycott SKY as its only a mouthpiece for Ashley anyway . Are the workers in Sports Direct unionised ? We should support the intervention of USDAW and maybe at some point , based on their own interests ( proper work contracts and a pay raise ) they might come out on strike against the fat c***

It is in jest, he says it as if he's talking to Keith Bishop, tells him to 'spare no expense in security' etc.

It is in jest, he says it as if he's talking to Keith Bishop, tells him to 'spare no expense in security' etc.

Well even so it’s what should be happening.

I've posted in the Ashley thread but probably better here.

What about organising to stay in the concourse for the first 10-15 minutes of the Chelsea game, or if that is deemed a safety risk, entering the ground 15 minutes after kick off? I feel that more people would do that than walking out, at least you get to be there at the end of the match.

Was mainly one bloke. Telling me to get a fucking life, to support the club, we don't need supporters like you - fuck off and watch it on the TV, Ashley's not that bad etc.

:anguish: Jesus.

Where abouts in the East Stand were you? Seemed like the vast majority of the block I'm in stood up during that.

A list of facts like was done for SackPardew.com would be a good idea for the group to push. For example, the net spend over the last 10 years compared to other clubs. The fact that clubs with smaller grounds outspend us. The decrease in match day income. The refusal to upgrade the training ground. The thickos in the media don't read analysis of the accounts so they never question the figures. Journalists don't have accountants review the accounts, that's left for the fans to do. All the facts need to be listed in bullet points for the low attention span world we live in today.

Guest chopey

Was mainly one bloke. Telling me to get a fucking life, to support the club, we don't need supporters like you - fuck off and watch it on the TV, Ashley's not that bad etc.

:anguish: Jesus.

Where abouts in the East Stand were you? Seemed like the vast majority of the block I'm in stood up during that.

Level 7 all stood up but I did get a lot of abuse a few years ago when we walked out on 69 mins from a couple of terrahawk wifies with picnic baskets on their laps

People who aren't interested in NUFC just come out with the "What do they expect? To win the league?" cliches. A list of reasons why we aren't happy with Mike Ashley's NUFC ownership would help rather than "he's a fat, Cockney bastard" as the uninterested would think is the reason.

Ok first off its just waste of energy getting worked up about other fans who don't go to protest etc. Ok so theirs a lot of us who can't bear to not go to games, and if we never went a happy clapper would just go instead, and there no chance of no one not going. In addition what the fans say and think at the stadium has little impact on Ashley, and any protests at SJP or boycott would just be aired out by Sky, see the likes of Arsenal, or even our protest at the Spurs game a few years back to get an indication of how they'll just skirt around the subject.

So we have to increase our presence outside SD, and in my opinion also at his home.

This thing where about 5 stores are hit next week won't work. First of all your going to burn yourself out in terms of resources, and spreading out the protests. 2nd of all you need to get plenty of people to go and they need to be informed of it. it's no good going to these locations with half a dozen supporters, that's not going to work.

Also, you need to publicise it. The national media are unlikely to take much attention, unless theirs quite a few, so this is where I was thinking you need a high profile person attending. My idea is to ask KK to come? As far as we know he's not up to much these days, and he was the first one to call Ashley out for what he is. Surely he would be interested in getting the ball rolling in forcing him out and if you got KK there, your getting yourself some media attention. Other high profile critics of Ashley are Micky Quinn, and Shearer. Shearer is unlikely to attend due to MOTD commitments, and Quinn would end up losing his Talk Sport job if he attended, though I guess asking both would be an idea, even if you do expect the answer to be a no.

As for other high profile people and other fans backing Ashley, fuck them, I'm pretty sure the attitude would change if it was their club who was being run like this. Us Newcastle fans have always been made out to be the bad guys, so if we are now deluded to think that we can even remotely think about being a competitive club, or under the false accusations us wanting 15,000 workers out of a job in order to sign a few players, then let the world think that.

should protest outside sports direct in Cardiff on Saturday and repeat at other away games, manchester branch, Leicester branch etc etc

Eaxctly, and stops on the way. A few away games this season will also include going past the SD HQ, no reason why busses shouldn't leave a few hours earlier to protest outside on the way there or on the way back.

should protest outside sports direct in Cardiff on Saturday and repeat at other away games, manchester branch, Leicester branch etc etc

Eaxctly, and stops on the way. A few away games this season will also include going past the SD HQ, no reason why busses shouldn't leave a few hours earlier to protest outside on the way there or on the way back.

I honestly think you'd get a fair few opposition fans joining in on our side. I know Reddit and the like aren't true barometers of public feeling but the tide is turning on sites like that. They've gone straight through the "LOL Newcastle" phase and into actually feeling sorry for us. Even the ones that don't fully understand the sittuation still know the shit that Ashley puts the SD staff through.