The Magpie Group

Heron

Guest The Little Waster

If we're not prepared to think of ourselves as bigger and better than Wolves, Fulham, Bournemouth, Brighton & Huddersfield , then we might as well give up and let Ashley rule over us forever . For a lot of our history we've been a big club that thought small , you've all seen where that got us .

Cute strawman. Literally nobody is saying that we can't think that. Saying "they shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Newcastle united" is quite another. Needlessly arrogant, dismissive and pointless. Why do we even need to mention them. It's some Man United fan bullshit.

Who else should we add to the mix of clubs we can't state we think we're better than ? Crystal Palace ? Notts County ? Sunderland ?

You're not even responding to what i wrote.

If you're not prepared to say what you really think about NUFC being bigger and better than the clubs listed above then you've become something of a cuck . We should never be afraid to say what we really think of ourselves as a club and if that upsets fans of other clubs , then so what ? Football is tribal , full of boasting and slagging other clubs , its part of the game . If you prefer a sterilised version where we never say anything that bigs us up in case we upset other fans or the media then i feel sorry for you.

Guest Howaythetoon

If it were Everton or Spurs aye, but Huddersfield, Brighton? I’m no footy snob, they have as much a right being a top-flight club as any and all the power to them, they actually deserve it far more than clubs like our own who pretend to try.

But its not arrogance to say we shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath or terms, it’s true. It’s only because of MA in the first place this is even contentious, that’s how low the standards have been set and how fans are now programmed to think.

Let’s not upset the other clubs and fans hey... fuck them and fuck what the media think, this is about our own club and unless we fight to remove MA, we won’t be a fucking club.

We are barely that now, just a pretend plastic club whose big name manager, big gates and PL status tries and fools everyone.

It’s like Mercedes selling a humdrum diesel saloon for 40k and sticking an AMG badge on it to justify why you shouldn’t buy a Mondeo.

It’s still a diesel, your not kidding anyone... well only those foolish enough to part with extra money for a bit of plastic anyway!

Sorry for the analogy, but Stiffler owns the other car one!

Guest The Little Waster

If we're not prepared to think of ourselves as bigger and better than Wolves, Fulham, Bournemouth, Brighton & Huddersfield , then we might as well give up and let Ashley rule over us forever . For a lot of our history we've been a big club that thought small , you've all seen where that got us .

Cute strawman. Literally nobody is saying that we can't think that. Saying "they shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Newcastle united" is quite another. Needlessly arrogant, dismissive and pointless. Why do we even need to mention them. It's some Man United fan bullshit.

Who else should we add to the mix of clubs we can't state we think we're better than ? Crystal Palace ? Notts County ? Sunderland ?

If you're not prepared to say what you really think about NUFC being bigger and better than the clubs listed above then you've become something of a cuck . We should never be afraid to say what we really think of ourselves as a club and if that upsets fans of other clubs , then so what ? Football is tribal , full of boasting and slagging other clubs , its part of the game . If you prefer a sterilised version where we never say anything that bigs us up in case we upset other fans or the media then i feel sorry for you.

Aren't you a fully grown man? using that phrase? Don't feel sorry for me mate, I'm not the one spending my time on here telling everyone who eil listen how awesome I am for giving up my season ticket. I'm saying what I really think. Literally. You're posting hypothetical bullshit like "if you're scared of saying this!11". No even remotely, I just don't see the need. Simple as that.

Would you prefer neutered ?

Guest Howaythetoon

Let other fans/media pick the bones out of a perceived arrogance, fuck them. If we all had the mindset that the fella on the clip has, maybe MA and his cronies wouldn’t have had such an easy time of it over the last 10 years.

Again fuck them and any of our own fans who get precious over it, grow some balls and think of the bigger picture, the real picture. This isn't about belittling other clubs or arrogance, this is about standing up for what you believe in and how you value NUFC and it’s not as if it’s not without merit.

Fucking hell man, we are no minnows, we are a huge club, one of the biggest in the world, historically and in terms of fan base. Even today.

Don’t be ashamed by that or think because we haven't won anything for so long or were recently relegated that we are as fans not entitled to value our club somewhat higher than our billionaire owner does or god forbid fans of other clubs or the media. Fuck them, I don't care about them. Neither should you.

Good on that fella, standing up for what he believes in and demanding better.

This is NUFC under Ashley, the shirt we once broke the world record transfer fee to play in is now occupied by a 28 year old loan player from relegated WBA who we could only get by sending our own number 9 the other way.

Meanwhile, the likes of Fulham who were playing as low as 4th tier league football when we were entertaining the Nation with a brand of football never seen before while on our way to challenging for the title which we agonisingly lost out to by 4 points against a behemoth in Man Utd back then and more so now are spending more than we have ever spent on a single player just on squad players.

If you are happy with that....

This isn't about belittling other clubs or arrogance

This is quite literally what he did in the clip. I've done plenty to stand up for NUFC without any of that. It's nothing to do with "having balls" Having balls is standing by what you think, I don't agree with that attitude.

If this was a world leader talking about other nations then fair enough, this is a chap who is asking why the likes of Brighton or whoever are racing ahead of us when in reality, they have nothing on NUFC and while I would always want someone who is representing fans to be more tactile, I’m not going to condemn the guy or get my knickers in a twist about it in case it offends others are makes us look arrogant or whatever. Again, who cares. We shouldn’t and as fans we need to stop being precious.

The media and average internet fans consider us deluded Geordies and a laughing stock anyway, I say internet fans because people I speak to away from the web, fans of all kind of clubs, usually have nothing but good words and indeed sympathy for us.

Again, if more fans had the mindset of this fella and were pepaired to actually voice it like he has, MA and his cronies wouldn’t have had it so easy the last decade or so where 2 relegations, renaming the stadium, taking KK to court (and losing) and the other charge sheet list of crimes against our club, still hasn’t softened his ownership or woken fans up.

Let other fans/media pick the bones out of a perceived arrogance, fuck them. If we all had the mindset that the fella on the clip has, maybe MA and his cronies wouldn’t have had such an easy time of it over the last 10 years.

Again fuck them and any of our own fans who get precious over it, grow some balls and think of the bigger picture, the real picture. This isn't about belittling other clubs or arrogance, this is about standing up for what you believe in and how you value NUFC and it’s not as if it’s not without merit.

Fucking hell man, we are no minnows, we are a huge club, one of the biggest in the world, historically and in terms of fan base. Even today.

Don’t be ashamed by that or think because we haven't won anything for so long or were recently relegated that we are as fans not entitled to value our club somewhat higher than our billionaire owner does or god forbid fans of other clubs or the media. Fuck them, I don't care about them. Neither should you.

This is NUFC under Ashley, the shirt we once broke the world record transfer fee to play in is now occupied by a 28 year old loan player from relegated WBA who we could only get by sending our own number 9 the other way.

Meanwhile, the likes of Fulham who were playing as low as 4th tier league football when we were entertaining the Nation with a brand of football never seen before while on our way to challenging for the title which we agonisingly lost out to by 4 points against a behemoth in Man Utd back then and more so now are spending more than we have ever spent on a single player just on squad players.

This is quite literally what he did in the clip. I've done plenty to stand up for NUFC without any of that. It's nothing to do with "having balls" Having balls is standing by what you think, I don't agree with that attitude.

If this was a world leader talking about other nations then fair enough, this is a chap who is asking why the likes of Brighton or whoever are racing ahead of us when in reality, they have nothing on NUFC and while I would always want someone who is representing fans to be more tactile, I’m not going to condemn the guy or get my knickers in a twist about it in case it offends others are makes us look arrogant or whatever. Again, who cares. We shouldn’t and as fans we need to stop being precious.

The media and average internet fans consider us deluded Geordies and a laughing stock anyway, I say internet fans because people I speak to away from the web, fans of all kind of clubs, usually have nothing but good words and indeed sympathy for us.

Again, if more fans had the mindset of this fella and were pepaired to actually voice it like he has, MA and his cronies wouldn’t have had it so easy the last decade or so where 2 relegations, renaming the stadium, taking KK to court (and losing) and the other charge sheet list of crimes against our club, still hasn’t softened his ownership or woken fans up.

The general gist of what The Magpie Group and other fan groups are doing is to enlighten the rest of the world to how horrible Mike Ashley is in an attempt to gain more traction in pushing him out. Spouting stuff about NUFC being better than other clubs in public whilst representing the movement that's aimed at enlightening the rest of the world to Mike Ashley does not build sympathy, it plays right into Keith Bishop and company's hand: "Look at the fickle NUFC fans with ideas above their station. We're all just doing our best and they're never happy".

What we may or may not think about how big we are compared to other clubs on a personal level is more than fair enough. The issue I, for one, have with this is that it's being aired in public and feeds the "Geordies have deluded expectations" storyline when we're trying to wake the world up to what Mike Ashley is doing to the club.

There's a time and place to not be humble, and that time is when we're not trying to gain sympathy of others to make the crusade against Mike Ashley become so poisonous for him that he has no choice but to cut his losses.

Guest Howaythetoon

who's being precious? I disagree with the sentiment. Criticizing something doesn't equal precious. It's precious to get so worked up over someone offering a different perspective.

I’m not saying you are being precious yourself, just the general attitude at times is kind of precious. I’ve always said the likes of SP and AO have been too nice and too accommodating to all, as if to please everyone and try and be the one stop shop for fan movement. Obviously the Magpie Geoup which I believe is a body of fan groups under one roof has to be tactile and not so enflamotory, but at the end of the day it’s about our own club. I see nothing specifically wrong with what the fella said, I would t have said it myself, but he did and fans shouldn’t get up in arms about it. The underlying message is what is important even if it was delivered in a way that could have been worded better, but so what.

There's nee need to go around belittling other clubs, like. It just gives the media and fans of other sides a stick to beat us with.

It gives people, especially on social media, an opportunity to detract from the main aim which is to highlight Ashley's shoddy running of the club and force him out.

Agreed. :thup:

I'm sure the lad who said it will have realised the error he made when Heron has had a word with him, just regroup, move on and keep the focus on Ashley and his cronies.

Guest Howaythetoon

The general gist of what The Magpie Group and other fan groups are doing is to enlighten the rest of the world to how horrible Mike Ashley is in an attempt to gain more traction in pushing him out. Spouting stuff about NUFC being better than other clubs in public whilst representing the movement that's aimed at enlightening the rest of the world to Mike Ashley does not build sympathy, it plays right into Keith Bishop and company's hand: "Look at the fickle NUFC fans with ideas above their station. We're all just doing our best and they're never happy".

What we may or may not think about how big we are compared to other clubs on a personal level is more than fair enough. The issue I, for one, have with this is that it's being aired in public and feeds the "Geordies have deluded expectations" storyline when we're trying to wake the world up to what Mike Ashley is doing to the club.

There's a time and place to not be humble, and that time is when we're not trying to gain sympathy of others to make the crusade against Mike Ashley become so poisonous for him that he has no choice but to cut his losses.

I get all that, mind it’s not the wider world we need to target, it’s our own fan base. Stick to what we are trying to fix here, not workers rights at SD or Ashley’s business deals, but our own club. That’s what I care about. Again I wouldn’t have said what the fella said in the way he did, but surely anyone half intelligent should get what he is saying and as far as our own club and selves is concerned, shouldn’t be concerning ourselves with how others might perceive what was said?

The fact some consider it arrogant is because of how far down the ladder we have went as a club under MA where we are now ironically not even in the same league as the likes of Brighton when it comes to spending and facilities. That’s the reality and that should offend and anger NUFC fans much more.

Guest Howaythetoon

There's nee need to go around belittling other clubs, like. It just gives the media and fans of other sides a stick to beat us with.

It gives people, especially on social media, an opportunity to detract from the main aim which is to highlight Ashley's shoddy running of the club and force him out.

Agreed. :thup:

I'm sure the lad who said it will have realised the error he made when Heron has had a word with him, just regroup, move on and keep the focus on Ashley and his cronies.

True and yes, you’re right of course.

Moving on...

Does anyone here like Sharks?

Did I mention I have an AMG?

What do people think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich?

Should the next James Bond be a women, who used to be a man, who used to be black, but is white and on benefits and not born in England?

Disgust!

Guest Howaythetoon

YES - although I'm not happy about the release of The Meg as I loved the book series.

Dunno whether to see that as I know I’ll fume, but it’s got a shark in it and apparently pays homage to Jaws so...

I get all that, mind it’s not the wider world we need to target, it’s our own fan base. Stick to what we are trying to fix here, not workers rights at SD or Ashley’s business deals, but our own club. That’s what I care about. Again I wouldn’t have said what the fella said in the way he did, but surely anyone half intelligent should get what he is saying and as far as our own club and selves is concerned, shouldn’t be concerning ourselves with how others might perceive what was said?

The fact some consider it arrogant is because of how far down the ladder we have went as a club under MA where we are now ironically not even in the same league as the likes of Brighton when it comes to spending and facilities. That’s the reality and that should offend and anger NUFC fans much more.

Aye but this is total fucking shit. It's nowt to do with where we perceive our position should be in the global football scene, it's about not needlessly being a cunt to teams that we have zero reason to belittle. Especially given the decades we've spent being belittled by every fucker imaginable.

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38] Fuck off

Anyone got the full clip?

this bloke needs some maths lessons cos 1969 wasn't 63 years ago....

No indeed, 1969 was definitely NOT "63 years ago" . . .

1969 European Fairs Cup Win : a HISTORIC YEAR in the long and illustrious history of NEWCASTLE UNITED FC . . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/1969EuropeanFairsCupWinners.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%201969%20-%20Aeroplane_zpsym3tafvr.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/1969EuropeanFairsCupWinners001.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/1969EuropeanFairsCupWinners002.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Fairs%20Cup%20Champions_zpssn1kxpn8.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Bobby%20Moncur%20with%20the%20European%20Fairs%20Cup_zpsy2w7ybu6.jpg http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/1c6955e08d87c1590cf80b1ea6cbae96_zpsp8ienwdd.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Bobby%20Moncur%20with%20the%20Fairs%20Cup%20running%20up%20the%20stairs%20outside%20SJP_zps11edxyhu.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%20-%20Just%20arrived%20at%20St%20James%20Park_zpsckdsitbq.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%20Winners_zpscisiyx2m.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%201969%20-%20Coach_zpspfdidrsd.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/fairs%20cuo%20car%20park_zps5txbsvs3.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/fairs%202_zpsxug5obre.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Moncur%20with%20the%20Fairs%20Cup%20-%201969_zps1svfrhuv.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%20Winning%20Team%20Coach_zpsjjlcsmc9.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Signed%20FAIRS%20CUP%20photo%20-%20Moncur%20Harvey%20Foggon%20etc%20new%20one_zpsieql5llj.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/We%20win%20the%20European%20Fairs%20Cup%20-%201969_0002_zps4oaktqta.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/We%20win%20the%20European%20Fairs%20Cup%20-%201969_0001_zpsyorzn79t.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Joe%20Harvey%20with%20the%20Fairs%20Cup_zpssxgxmc2l.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%20Final%20-%20Goal%20Magazine%20Match%20Report_zps9ulmurig.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Lord%20Westwood%20with%20the%20fairs%20cup_zpsf9y21hfc.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%20Winning%20Team%20and%20John%20Gibson_zpszmau1wl8.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/1969%20European%20Fairs%20Cup%20Winners%20-%20Film%20Strip%20Page%201_zpsked5eeq7.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/1969%20European%20Fairs%20Cup%20Winners%20-%20Film%20Strip%20Page_zpsdyjfbkie.jpg

These next two photos show a "Framed and Signed Photo" of our Fairs Cup Winning Team, that was recently sold on eBay . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%20Team%20-%20Framed%20and%20Signed%20Photo_zpszy1vdcwj.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%20Team%20-%20Signed%20Photo_zpsptb992xe.jpg

The following season (1969/70) for our away match at Nottingham Forest there was a great photo of Alan Foggon and Tommy Gibb holding the Fairs Cup aloft, on the cover of the Match Programme . . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/DSC08818_zpsfokdgybk.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Image%202_zpspgxeohre.jpg

Also the following Season - The "Newcastle United Supporters Club OFFICIAL HANDBOOK for 1969/70", talking mostly about 'last seasons Fairs Cup Win', of course . . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%20Winners%201968-1969%20-%20Supporters%20Club%20Handbook_zpsz0hbxxls.jpg

Here is another Match Programme Cover (from MANY years later) which also featured our Fairs Cup Winning Team on its cover. it was for our UEFA Cup Match (the successor tournament to the 'Fairs Cup') on 16th March 2005, against 'Olympiacos'. The reason the Fairs Cup winners were on this 2005 programme cover is because this match was our 100th match in Eurpoean Tournaments . . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/100th%20Game%20in%20EUROPE%20-%2016th%20March%202005_zpsl0j5ilhw.jpg

ROUND BY ROUND . . .

The 1968/1969 European Fairs Cup Tournament, described "round-by-round" . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Feyenoord%20-%2011%20and%2017%20Sept%201968_zpsmqocdfan.jpghttp://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Feyenoord%20Programme_zps9ltkeema.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Sporting%20Lisbon%20-%2030%20Oct%20and%2020%20Nov%201968_zpsk3sckvqf.jpghttp://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Sporting%20Lisbon%20Programme_zpsauqnhqc0.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Zaragoza%20-%201st%20and%2015th%20January%201969_zpsm6khqjqw.jpghttp://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Zaragoza%20Programme_zpsyxkzelli.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Setubal%20-%2012%20and%2026%20March%201969_zpsjeiyhmak.jpghttp://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Seubal%20Programme_zpsbai3zngu.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Rangers%20-%2014%20and%2021%20May%201969_zpsmxbotgiv.jpghttp://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Rangers%20Programme_zpssqcuysv0.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Ujpest%20Dozsa%20-%20May%2029%20and%20june%2011%201969_zps5aokt9g1.jpghttp://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Ujpest%20Dozsa%20Programme_zpsji8p3ttx.jpg

The BOOK - 'Our Fabulous Fairs Cup', by the players who won it . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Our%20Fabulous%20Fairs%20Cup_0001_zpsikh2vo2d.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Our%20Fabulous%20Fairs%20Cup_0002_zpsagxlk1qv.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Our%20Fabulous%20Fairs%20Cup_0003_zpskozh43rf.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Our%20Fabulous%20Fairs%20Cup_0004_zpsan2w1bhk.jpg

The BOOK - 'The 1968-69 Fairs Cup Story' - by Jim Jeffrey . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/The%20NUFC%20Fairs%20Cup%20Story%20-%2040%20Years%20later_zpsws1nvcuu.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/The%20NUFC%20Fairs%20Cup%20Story%20-%2040%20Years%20later%203_zpsgz5c7hpg.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/The%20NUFC%20Fairs%20Cup%20Story%20-%2040%20Years%20later%202_zpsvbmash7i.jpg

The FINAL - A 'Home Leg Programme', and a 'Home Leg Ticket' . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/1969%20European%20Fairs%20Cup%20Winners%20004_zpsoeegezbk.jpghttp://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs20Cup20Final20-20Ticket_zpsknhu5rpg.jpg

ONE of the most 'dramatic' events of that 1968/69 European Fairs Cup winning season, was the home leg (and associated 'riot') of the Semi-Final against Glasgow Rangers. Here are some photos taken that evening . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%201969%20-%20Rangers%20Semi-Final%20-%202_zps3nbsjhzs.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%201969%20-%20Rangers%20Semi-Final%20-3_zpsk0mxzxlt.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%201969%20-%20Rangers%20Semi-Final%20-4_zpscyhk2v1f.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%20Semi-Final%20v%20Rangers%20-_zpsmzuyq35t.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%201969%20-%20Rangers%20Semi-Final%20-5_zpsxki1nq64.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/fairs%201_zpsgqyodwzr.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%20Semi-Final%20v%20Rangers%20-%2021st%20May%201969_zpsqqyfxwid.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%201969%20-%20Rangers%20Semi-Final_zpsbxophwaq.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%201969%20-%20Rangers%20Semi-Final%20-6_zpsdusyldxo.jpg

Another rare site, a ticket for that Rangers Semi-Final at St James' Park . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%201969%20-%20Rangers%20Semi-Final%20TICKET_zpsxnjtwvut.jpg

NOW - SOME MISCELLANEOUS FAIRS CUP PHOTOGRAPHS, MANY TAKEN WITH THE PUBLIC AS THE CUP 'TOURED THE REGION' IN 1969 . . .

Wyn Davies with the Fairs Cup, in 1969 . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Wyn%20Davies%20with%20the%20European%20Fairs%20Cup_zps697tv5e8.jpg

John Craggs (shared 'Right Back' role with David Craig) with his father and uncle - and the Fairs Cup - in 1969 . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/John%20Craggs%20with%20his%20father%20and%20uncle%20-%20With%20the%20Fairs%20Cup_zpseimtv2m9.jpg

When Wyn Davies (not in photo) attended a publicity event in 1969, he let supporters  James Pierce and his pal George, pose with the Fairs Cup. They both have a framed copy of this photo, to this day . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/NUFC%20Fan%20James%20Pierce%20and%20his%20pal%20George%20pose%20with%20the%20Fairs%20Cup%20in%201969_zpsmfhdv0s6.jpg

The Fairs Cup, on a table in the 'Old Hall Social Club in Benwell' in 1969 . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%20at%20Old%20Hall%20Social%20Club%20Benwell%20-%201969_zpsuyaxrwla.jpg

The Fairs Cup seen at a Social Club in 1969. The precise location/club is not known . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Showing%20off%20the%20Fairs%20cup%20in%201969%20in%20a%20Social%20Club%20-%20location%20unknown_zpslkyupixl.jpg

The Fairs Cup at "Newbiggin Central CIU Club". A Mr Wilkinson (the tall bloke on the left) and friends photographed with the cup in 1969

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%20-%20at%20Newbiggin%20Central%20Club.%20Mr%20Wikinson%20tall%20bloke%20on%20the%20left%20and%20friends%20with%20the%20cup%201969_zpsyh3fygip.jpg

A proud youngster, holding the Fairs Cup, in 1969 . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/A%20proud%20youngster%20holding%20the%20Fairs%20Cup%20-%201969_zps4tkxcgjc.jpg

Three youngsters in Longbenton in 1969 - holding the Fairs Cup

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/1969%20-%20Youngsters%20in%20Longbenton%20holding%20the%20Fairs%20Cup_zps3bl0kth1.jpg

This one speaks for itself . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/The%20Fairs%20Cup%20being%20held%20by%20Miss%20Magpie%20-%20July%2014%201969_zpsyayj1dxc.jpg

The below SCAN from one of the following season's (1969/70) Home Programmes, perhaps reveals how some of the above photos with the Fairs Cup came to be taken. SEE the "Pattersons" advert, on the left hand side . . . 

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%20%20Winners%20-%20in%20following%20seasons%20home%20programmes_zps4thjx8wf.jpg

Some years later this "Budapest 1969 Veteran" Newcastle United Shirt was made to commemorate the winning of the Fairs Cup . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Budapest%2069%20-%20Fairs%20Cup%20Win%20Shirt_zpsbet3arj7.jpg

I recently came across the below three FAIRS CUP items and photos for sale on eBay. They are all "signed" by NUFC Players, some (eg the JIM SCOTT photo) signed by those that won the Fairs Cup for us in 1969 . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Jim%20Scott%20-%20Signed%20photo%20of%203rd%20Goal%20in%20Fairs%20Cup%20Final_zpsmreoyrnv.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Mult-signed%20Framed%20fairs%20Cup%20Photos_zps2hsfhcz0.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Multi-signed%20Fairs%20Cup%20Final%20Programme_zpsnllgerl1.jpg

A "Newcastle Brown Ale" bottle, signed by the Fairs Cup Winning Squad . . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%20Winning%20Team%20-%20Autographed%20Newcastle%20Brown%20Ale%20Bottle%201_zpswqycyrq9.jpghttp://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%20Winning%20Team%20-%20Autographed%20Newcastle%20Brown%20Ale%20Bottle%202_zpsjtggtwjc.jpg

A 'Souvenir T-Shirt', showing the Team and the Scorers in the Final . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/newcastle-1969-inter-cities-fairs-cup-final-line-up-tshirt_design_zpsoleixc9k.jpg

Here are some souvenir "Fairs Cup Winners Badges" from 1969 . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Fairs%20Cup%20Pinbadge%20-%20Newcastle%206%20Ujpest%202%201969_zpskgdngnfq.png

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Fairs%20Cup%20Winners%20Badge_zpste1hunos.jpg

FINALLY . . Here is the trophy itself, the EUROPEAN FAIRS CUP, "Our Fabulous Fairs Cup" . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/The%20Fairs%20Cup%20itself%20-%201969_zpsuspxpjwl.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/Fairs%20Cup%20-%20Logo%20Silhouette_zpsjruomp6i.png

ALL of the above are original items, photos and articles - many of them from 1969 publications.

I like it when our detractors say they don't class the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup as a proper cup and yet FC Barcelona do.

To be fair, the only people I've ever come across who say it is anything other than a major trophy are those European football experts the Mackems.

With regards the Fairs Cup, my Dad was at all the homes and a couple of always. He got arrested in Feyenoord (although he to this day declares his innocence) missed the game and ended up on the front page of the Chronicle departing the plane at Woolsington Airport. What an utter disgrace  :lol:

Guest Bisto Staines In Peas

I like it when our detractors say they don't class the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup as a proper cup and yet FC Barcelona do.

To be fair, the only people I've ever come across who say it is anything other than a major trophy are those European football experts the Mackems .

... and the two headed 20 fingered specimens down the road.