The Magpie Group

Heron

Check out @TheMagpieGroup_’s Tweet:

I'm with most of the replies to this tweet. Until people boycott the ground and don't turn up for games nowt will change. People feel safer being in a group or being part of something, the real strength will be when each person acts individually and does not enter. This is not a dig at TMG they are doing this to get exposure in numbers, but the problem is it's not getting across to the media, reading the comments in that tweet to me personally the message is clear, don't go to the games, support the TMG protests but then don't go in the ground or the club shop or sharers bar before or after.

I bet the average person after their season ticket and replica shirt, still adds another £40 to £50 per match day into Ashleys pocket without realising, just try within yourselfs to stop going to games, an empty or half empty stadium on sky tv will get the media's attention, Rangers and Blackpool fans had the strength to do it, can you?

Looking at them pictures is great, but I bet everyone still went in and sat down and spent extra cash in the ground.......

Btw, I don't know how to make the tweet bit active  :lol:

Maybe next home game on Sky as many people as possible boycott the kick off and sit after 10 minutes or every willing fan can carry a placard/sheet of paper wit Ashley out as that will get message across

It would be a start. But really each fan needs to be brave as an individual and not buckle. 

The picture whit all lined across holding the we are a city banner,  they should block the turnstiles/gate entry points. Try to make people not enter.

I'm with most of the replies to this tweet. Until people boycott the ground and don't turn up for games nowt will change. People feel safer being in a group or being part of something, the real strength will be when each person acts individually and does not enter. This is not a dig at TMG they are doing this to get exposure in numbers, but the problem is it's not getting across to the media, reading the comments in that tweet to me personally the message is clear, don't go to the games, support the TMG protests but then don't go in the ground or the club shop or sharers bar before or after.

I bet the average person after their season ticket and replica shirt, still adds another £40 to £50 per match day into Ashleys pocket without realising, just try within yourselfs to stop going to games, an empty or half empty stadium on sky tv will get the media's attention, Rangers and Blackpool fans had the strength to do it, can you?

Looking at them pictures is great, but I bet everyone still went in and sat down and spent extra cash in the ground.......

The Rangers fans who were on the podcast said that going or not going isn't the be all and end all. I agree that whilst it makes a statement, pressure on his other companies is more lucrative in rattling him than staying away.

I agree btw in terms of buying things in the ground, how people can still do that is beyond me. But whilst Rafa is manager it's going to be hard for people to chuck it.

No offence to Rangers fans, but their games and equally Blackpool, that league doesn't get the exposure or coverage like the PL does.

When has there been a premier league game shown on Sky with nobody attending, at the time Rangers were not even in their top tier.

The TMG need to get us all not going in, it's a massive challenge to convince over 50,000 but really you don't need to convince 50,000, one person has to convince themselves. You are responsible for you.

But in this day and age everyone loves to be part of something a trend or something bigger,there were tons in the town centre outside SD in the first protest, most for a great cause, others out of sheer noseyness what's going on etc. Sounds bitchy "I did the protest," I took a banner, I wear my magpie group badge" I'm part of something,

Just don't fucking go in there at all.

Did you go in yesterday Hyden? :lol:

The Rangers fans who were on the podcast said that going or not going isn't the be all and end all. I agree that whilst it makes a statement, pressure on his other companies is more lucrative in rattling him than staying away.

I agree btw in terms of buying things in the ground, how people can still do that is beyond me. But whilst Rafa is manager it's going to be hard for people to chuck it.

No offence to Rangers fans, but their games and equally Blackpool, that league doesn't get the exposure or coverage like the PL does.

When has there been a premier league game shown on Sky with nobody attending, at the time Rangers were not even in their top tier.

The TMG need to get us all not going in, it's a massive challenge to convince over 50,000 but really you don't need to convince 50,000, one person has to convince themselves. You are responsible for you.

But in this day and age everyone loves to be part of something a trend or something bigger,there were tons in the town centre outside SD in the first protest, most for a great cause, others out of sheer noseyness what's going on etc. Sounds bitchy "I did the protest," I took a banner, I wear my magpie group badge" I'm part of something,

Jesus, my name is right there when replying, how can you get it that wrong :lol:

Yeah I did. One of the pathetic Ashley apologist sheep is what I am I suppose, then. Just took part in all 3 home game protests because it's trendy to.

Sorry but that's a load of shite. We all have reasons for going or not, we all have different breaking points; hopefully after getting into university this time next year it will be my last season anyway, but I would've chucked it if Rafa left regardless. In addition to that, after what happened with my dad back in January I would like to spend as much time with him as possible, he's been going since the early 70s.

If the MG organise a boycott, like all of the previous protests, we'll be taking part in it. Not because it's trendy, because it's a cause I believe in.

Jesus, my name is right there when replying, how can you get it that wrong :lol:

Yeah I did. One of the pathetic Ashley apologist sheep is what I am I suppose, then. Just took part in all 3 home game protests because it's trendy to.

Sorry but that's a load of shite. We all have reasons for going or not, we all have different breaking points; hopefully after getting into university this time next year it will be my last season anyway, but I would've chucked it if Rafa left regardless. In addition to that, after what happened with my dad back in January I would like to spend as much time with him as possible, he's been going since the early 70s.

If the MG organise a boycott, like all of the previous protests, we'll be taking part in it. Not because it's trendy, because it's a cause I believe in.

Sorry Hayden, was the mobile typo.

You will get this though, some fans disagreeing with you attending and you having your own reasons for going, I'm just saying some people do get involved for a bit of attention, if you are strong willed you just wouldn't feed Ashley pockets,  but that's my opinion, I'm sure loads will disagree, they have their season ticket now so what else are they going to do with it.

But before freaking out like I'm slagging you off, (I'm not btw) I wanted to ask you would you be prepared to miss a game? If somebody organised whichever live game will be shown on Sky, for all fans to miss one game, I'm sure whatever an individual's reasons for going or not going, each ticket holder could skip one live game to make a statement to the wankers at the club and the ignorant media.

You do what you need to do, my replies are not personal, I just wish all could boycott even for one game.??

Sorry Hayden, was the mobile typo.

You will get this though, some fans disagreeing with you attending and you having your own reasons for going, I'm just saying some people do get involved for a bit of attention, if you are strong willed you just wouldn't feed Ashley pockets,  but that's my opinion, I'm sure loads will disagree, they have their season ticket now so what else are they going to do with it.

But before freaking out like I'm slagging you off, (I'm not btw) I wanted to ask you would you be prepared to miss a game? If somebody organised whichever live game will be shown on Sky, for all fans to miss one game, I'm sure whatever an individual's reasons for going or not going, each ticket holder could skip one live game to make a statement to the wankers at the club and the ignorant media.

You do what you need to do, my replies are not personal, I just wish all could boycott even for one game.??

Your autocorrect has done it again :lol:

Sorry if my reply appears aggressive, not my intention. :thup:

My ST is the only Ashley thing that I've spent money on. I don't buy merchandise, shirts, drinks, pies, how grown men can do that is beyond me, before the game or during HT, with probably the exception for really young bairns going for the first time.

If the MG organise a boycott as a protest for a game on TV then I would definitely partake in it, without a doubt.

Like others I’d be willing to boycott one game, more so if it’s televised. However I would have to have evidence that enough people were boycotting and that others who are not part of the Magpie group were doing so, it would have to be a along the lines of a visible decline like Arsenal did.

I do believe we need to build towards it though, we can’t just say that we are going to do it for next home game and hope people follow us. Yesterday I felt that being outside SJP before the match we got a lot more people behind us, and maybe a lot more people aware of us. We have to build up gently towards a boycott if it’s required, though I think theirs still very many more avenues that we can explore before we need to do matchday boycotts.

However I’m not going have a go at others who won’t boycott. I fully understand that going to the match is something people look forward too every 2 weeks or so and that they build their hopes up that we can get a win, a decent point, or failing that a decent performance. And to others it’s a lot more than just that, it’s way for the to connect with their family members, friends, or even an escape from life in general. I can’t have a go at people like that.m nor do I believe anyone else should.

What made TMG tweet that like?

Yeah, timing feels a bit peculiar given yesterday was the most vociferous of all the protests so far.

I hope we can build towards a mass boycott but I fear we'll lose the chance of it ever happening once the results inevitably pick up.

What made TMG tweet that like?

I think a lot was said on twitter about the silence in the ground during the game.

Im guessing the MG turned up and hoped the hysteria would continue into the game? But there seemed to be comments of the place being like a morgue.

Yup - timing of the tweet seems a bit weird, IMO. Protest seems to have gone really well, yesterday - but the atmosphere sounded pish inside the ground, on Radio Newcastle. I think it's almost inevitable that protests have to move inside the ground, and a home TV game would be ideal. Not sure when the next one is though!

No way they can mean at the protests outside the ground, there was so many fans passing by who joined in.

There was period in the game where there were anti-Ashley chants coming from where a few of them sit in SJP which never took off all the way around, it must surely be about that. Even if it was I think making that tweet is the wrong move, they have done so well so far to keep the fan base as united as possible.

There won't be until it moves inside the ground

The one before Spurs was covered and that was outside the ground.

Protests outside SJP need to be done on all TV games as the will get coverage. Delaying the kick off and affecting TV scheduling times should be the next action imho.

I don't get this thing about waiting for someone to organise a boycott before you join in.

If you feel strongly enough then just stop going, do what YOU feel is right, shouldn't need others to tell you when to boycott IMO.

Not sold out again yesterday, people already are.

I don't get this thing about waiting for someone to organise a boycott before you join in.

If you feel strongly enough then just stop going, do what YOU feel is right, shouldn't need others to tell you when to boycott IMO.

?? on that page.

But IRGWG and TMG have built a platform now, so they are better suited to convince.

If you really strongly about it, cancelling your ST is  definitely the way forward.....BUT it's not an easy thing to do, I know, I've just done it myself. However, if you do this, you still need to get involved in protests against Ashley.

Walking away and washing your hands of it, then criticising those who are prepared to get of their arses and do something is not acceptable.....far too many know-it-all's out there who think they've done their piece and everyone else is wrong. If you've got something to say, come to the next Magpie Group meeting and share your expert knowledge with others.

I think this is where those people wanting Rafa to go now come from. They think he's keeping a lot of people still going in just to support him. They probably have a point, in a way.

The best thing that could happen now is Rafa is sacked imho. The Rafa haters get the manager they deserve (Allardyce/Sherwood etc.), and maybe it shocks some of the others into actually doing something.

If you really strongly about it, cancelling your ST is  definitely the way forward.....BUT it's not an easy thing to do, I know, I've just done it myself. However, if you do this, you still need to get involved in protests against Ashley.

Walking away and washing your hands of it, then criticising those who are prepared to get of their arses and do something is not acceptable.....far too many know-it-all's out there who think they've done their piece and everyone else is wrong. If you've got something to say, come to the next Magpie Group meeting and share your expert knowledge with others.

I came up for the first protest especially and watched the game in a pub, and i've been doing my bit online, not that i feel i have to justify myself.

Boycotting a live sky game is the way. It's not expert knowledge and it's not arrogance. It's just convincing all to do it, but if it was 1 game it's hardly gonna be a massive sacrifice.

Nobody is criticising anyone who does something though,myself personally I'm not one for contradictions, so to attend a protest then go inside and take part in anything Ashley makes me question myself.

There has to be a live sky tv game boycott imo.