The Magpie Group

Heron

While I mostly post my long posts for my own benefit and not others these days as it allows me to jot down my own thoughts on things and helps me at least make sense of things, it’s becoming apparent N.O is not the place for any in-depth analysis or debate about NUFC which has been the case for a long time now.

Most posts are a reaction to something brought to peoples attention in the traditional media or social media or a reaction to what someone has or hasn’t posted in regards to a player, a game, a moment in a game or if someone dares to have a different opinion. Even then general comments and posts now follow a formulaic structure usually around a few topics or figures.

HBA is great. No he’s a waster.

Pardew man ruined HBA. No he ruined himself.

Mitrovic is great. No he’s shite.

Mitrovic has been wasted here. No he has wasted our time.

And so on and so on.

There is no debate or analysis and when it does rarely enter into things, it gets lost in the babble of inane shite that makes up the majority of the NUFC forum. For all it’s comedy value, RAWK for example, beats this place hands down when it comes to debate, analysis, insight and a greater understanding of the game, players and with it knowledge. N.O is more akin to RTG, but better moderated and not as sweary.

Now I’m not saying my posts bring that to N.O or even try to, but that’s what I used to love about this place and to be honest I’ll probably jack in posting on this part of the forum (yay you all say) because it’s just tedious, far more than my own posts even in my humble.

That’s not me looking for sympathy, again, I post on here for my own benefit not for others, the days where a post that wasn’t more than a few lines on a subject would often be the seed of decent debate that evolved into a group all contributing are long gone.

Today the Board Wars of yesteryear have morphed into the HBA/Mitrovic wars and while I wouldn't wish for a return of those kind of debates, fuck me, it’s a level above the shite those respective threads and the back and forth drivel spouted often in reaction to HBA is great or HBA is a loser descends into.

You can’t even be critical of how we approach games or even attempt to offer another idea before it becomes the team are not good enough, do you want us to get relegated, did you see how many Huddersfield shipped in, who would you have instead of Rafa, look at how much our players cost compared to theirs etc. etc. etc.

It’s literally pointless trying to create a debate or offer anything more than a few safe thoughts on a subject these days and if you do say something alternative or a bit risky, you better hope it gets lost among the other stuff.

tl;dr yada yada

👍🏼 Honest post.

I think pretty much the same, I think it's an age thing though.{kill me on ageism}

Millenials love their stats facts and just generally any way to prove an opinion wrong, and equally their social media. Forums are relatively an older form of SM and I'm surprised they are still in existence.

Your points though are valid. Thing is nothing ever changes.

Hi Everyone,

I intend to refresh the poll for various protests, etc. in this thread as Dave kindly made me the original poster on this thread (thanks Dave :thup:).

Obviously, those who aren't attending / gettin involved aren't quite as important to "vote" but for any of the "Yes..." options it's an opportunity for us to gauge numbers, popularity of protest types and general interest.

Hope everyone is fine with this, and I'll attempt to keep people as up to date as possible, as will Greg.

If you don't get quick answers please accept mine / our apologies as we're obviously spinning a few plates at present, but we'll try to answer anything from meetings, etc. as soon as possible.

Cheers y'all

Whoa just heard that family dude. That's wild.

:lol: Aye I kna. Listened to a bit of it again earlier to make sure I didn't sound a tit haha.

Anyone else thinking of going tomorrow?

I bought myself a share but work commitments & location means I can't attend. My godson works in central London, so I think he's going to go along.

Whoa just heard that family dude. That's wild.

[emoji38] Aye I kna. Listened to a bit of it again earlier to make sure I didn't sound a tit haha.

Anyone else thinking of going tomorrow?

I bought myself a share but work commitments & location means I can't attend. My godson works in central London, so I think he's going to go along.

I'll try to keep you informed then so you can pass along. Cheers mate

Darth - I'm really glad you'll be in attendance mate and I believe Sush is too.

Unfortunately, as I'm not in attendance and I've also had my eye on the meeting last week I've not managed to activate / mobilise people in the way I would have liked, etc.

I can only apologise for this. Do you happen to have any banners / flyers / etc. available to hand out in the area or get on display?

It is my understanding that people will be attending the AGM but other than the unions there's been no formalised protest outside, just for the record.

Hope no one has splashed out on travel arrangements and been let down.