Manchester City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 01/09/18 - Post-match reaction from p17

BlueStar

Ederson - 34.7 m

Walker -50 m

Stones - 47.5 m

Laporte - 57 m

Mendy - 52 m

Fernandinho - 34 m

Mahrez - 60 m

Silva - 26 m

Sterling - 49 m

Gabriel Jesus - 27 m

Agüero - 35 m

Total : £472 M

Dubravka - 4 m

Yedlin - 5.3 m

Lascelles - 5 m

Fernandez -6 m

Clark - 5.4 m

Dummett - Academy

Kenedy - Loan

Diamé -4.5 m

Ki Sung-yueng - Free

Pérez - 1.8 m

Rondón - Loan

Total - £32 M

Not sure if this would even be legal in any other sport  :lol:

Any pundits have the fucking bare faced cheek to expect other teams to go toe to toe with them.

Jesus  :lol:

We’re a few bounces and some luck away from getting something more from all of our league games this season. 

Having more quality in the squad tends to help with the imbalance of those fine margins. We're not allowed that, though. We're not allowed to improve.

Stuck in a Spanish airport. How was the performance/spirit/organisation today?

The way the start to this season is shaping up it's important they stick together and remain with Rafa I reckon.

If this was a defeat similar to those last season I'm not that worried tbh, however if Rafa and the players have issues I will be.

We’re a few bounces and some luck away from getting something more from all of our league games this season. 

It's just been such a challenging start and with players coming in late it's been pretty good all things considered.

Our time will come this season. This tough start may well be the making of us when it's all said and done.

Guest firetotheworks

The way the start to this season is shaping up it's important they stick together and remain with Rafa I reckon.

If this was a defeat similar to those last season I'm not that worried tbh, however if Rafa and the players have issues I will be.

It was fine.

Hoping Kenedy’s Injury isn’t too bad and Shelvey and Richie are back soon. Shame the fixtures have been so vile for us because we’re going to be deep into that bottom 3 before we start gaining real ground.

Unless we get a daft win somewhere.

I know I am the minority but I think this is a shit performance. Unlike last game, Rafa didn't have a plan to nick a point in second half. 

Dunno what game you were watching, like. The plan was obvious. Keep it tight until the last ten minutes then swap a defender for an attacker. It's the only option he's got against this sort of opposition, and it's exactly what he did. If Perez is a second or so quicker to react to Murphy's ball in, we nick that point. Shrug. It's hit and hope.

I like the formation actually...we dont have to be so negative when we arent mired in this ridiculous fixture list. Just want to get these first 7 weeks done with and then the schedule turns favorable. Go on a 17-18 Palace run after the first couple months. Definitely think its setting up that way.

It was fine.

That's good to hear. Been too much noise about unrest for my liking but that's not doubt just the bishop and his shite.

Very frustrating start to the season really but easier games will come. Don't really think much to complain about there, they were light years ahead of us, we took one of our rare chances and they won through a very good goal. Shouldn't have gifted them teh first one. Dubravka is great, proof that sometimes going cheap can work, this money being thrown around for keepers can't last.

Having said all that, i still feel like I'm going through the motions of even sit at home support. I said I'd postpone any proper boycott till Rafa is gone but it just feels...I'm not even that bothered by the loss. Probably good thing to gear up for when Rafa is replaced by Fat Sam and I do have to stop even watching games from home or anything. But still. Meh. Fuck Ashley.

I know I am the minority but I think this is a s*** performance. Unlike last game, Rafa didn't have a plan to nick a point in second half. 

Dunno what game you were watching, like. The plan was obvious. Keep it tight until the last ten minutes then swap a defender for an attacker. It's the only option he's got against this sort of opposition, and it's exactly what he did. If Perez is a second or so quicker to react to Murphy's ball in, we nick that point. Shrug. It's hit and hope.

If the plan is just "add an attacker" then fuck it isn't a plan. We didn't try to chase and attack in last 10 mins, we just continue to hit long ball and hope Joselu could create some havoc and exploit it.

We didn't defend well as well. It was a really poor match. Unlike vs Chelsea, we really didn't deserve anything from it.

Guest firetotheworks

It was fine.

That's good to hear. Been too much noise about unrest for my liking but that's not doubt just the bishop and his shite.

You'd have to invent things to take issue with in our performance basically. Lascelles made a mistake for their first, but it wasn't backs to the wall, we got out when we could. Dubravka, Yedlin, Perez, and Rondon all played well. Ki was pretty bad, and Diame looked knackered. It was comfortable for them as you'd expect, but not to the extent that we were embarrassed, or beaten enough to affect us in future matches. What a time to be alive.

I know I am the minority but I think this is a s*** performance. Unlike last game, Rafa didn't have a plan to nick a point in second half. 

If the plan is just "add an attacker" then fuck it isn't a plan. We didn't try to chase and attack in last 10 mins, we just continue to hit long ball and hope Joselu could create some havoc and exploit it.

We didn't defend well as well. It was a really poor match. Unlike vs Chelsea, we really didn't deserve anything from it.

The plan was to stay in the game as long as possible then press higher with more attackers on the field. I'm no master tactician but I fail to see what other options he's got, when you've got £500million worth of talent who can just pick you apart with ease. The fact that his squad have barely the craft or guile to force a chance isn't his fault, it's Mike Ashley's. And besides, we did work it into the box on two occasions in the last ten minutes, so you're wrong in that it was all just lumped long.

The Cardiff performance was much more concerning.

We can do the organised and hard to beat thing fine. Absolutely no worries about that. The Pardew and McClaren hammerings are a thing of the past.

The problem is when the opposition wants to kill the game and maybe only try at set pieces, and its up to us to take control of the ball and create openings against two banks of four. It's then we see the parcity of the resources Rafa is working with.

We can do the organised and hard to beat thing fine. Absolutely no worries about that. The Pardew and McClaren hammerings are a thing of the past.

The problem is when the opposition wants to kill the game and maybe only try at set pieces, and its up to us to take control of the ball and create openings against two banks of four. It's then we see the parcity of the resources Rafa is working with.

Absolutely agree

Aye, completely nails it.

Really liking our defenders this season.

Fernandez looked good today and Clark looks like he can come in and do a good job too.

Still early for Schar but think once he settles he'll also be solid.

LeJeune to come back in as well.

Nice options.

Absolutely agree

Aye, completely nails it.

Went down to 10 fairly early in the second half though.

The new guys were still settling in too.

We'll look a lot better against the likes of those in the weeks to come.