Newcastle United vs Arsenal - 15/09/2018 @ 15:00 - No UK TV

HaydnNUFC

Ashley won’t be forgotten about unless he spends money. I cannot see how Rafa going and us getting relegated helps us here?

The likes of Ashley Out and the Magpie Group are clearly putting preassure on him and his reputation in general is damaged right now across the country.

Getting relegated is, at this moment in time, THE most viable way to get rid of Ashley.

I'd think Rafa will leave at the end of the season regardless.

We need to be relegated and more importantly - not be promoted. (If getting rid of Ashley is the number 1 requisite.)

The way I see it is Rafa is leaving at the end of the season anyway unless he gets money, so the difference is less than a year in anycase. Him leaving now though just leaves us with another year of awful performances and a fairly likely relegation of which we’re not a cert to come back from.

As it happens we have a manager in charge who has united the fanbase for the first time in god knows how long (and has probably prevented people just packing it all in), who brings media attention to Ashley (the like of Sky have focused on Ashley more than ever from what I’ve seen) and who could possibly stabilise us until the end of the season while maintaining the pressure on Ashley. I know you don’t think there’s any pressure like but he’s in the news (both sport and otherwise) all the time now, part of that is down to Rafa calling him out.

I get and agree with "stabilising us until the end of the season while maintaining pressure on Ashley". That's great and all well and good but it's now down to the large majority of placid fans we have to join protests and/or boycotts to do that and I guess the point I'm getting at is I have zero faith that they will do so.

Surely people can see how I and others would feel nothing with a win today? That's what kills me the most and leads to my vents on here feeling nothing about something i had so much love and passion for. Me and my dad have watched us all over home and away and hundreds of times on the telly and when we equalised v Chelsea i usually would have been off round the house going mental but i didn't even flinch. He doesn't get why.

From the reaction I get on here you would think it was just me who felt like that and everything is rosy when in reality a hell of a lot of others do as well. Sure Dave even said he was almost at the stage of wanting us to get beat too?

I hope Lacazette and Aubameyang run riot and expose our bagain bin cast offs and hopefully wake our zombie home support up a bit

Ashley won’t be forgotten about unless he spends money. I cannot see how Rafa going and us getting relegated helps us here?

The likes of Ashley Out and the Magpie Group are clearly putting preassure on him and his reputation in general is damaged right now across the country.

Getting relegated is, at this moment in time, THE most viable way to get rid of Ashley.

We need to be relegated and more importantly - not be promoted. (If getting rid of Ashley is the number 1 requisite.)

Sorry, but that's complete bollocks imho. We have been approached 5-6 times by parties willing to buy us, and not one of those was when we were in the Championship.

Arsenal conceded twice against Cardiff, something both us and Huddersfield didn't do once with 10 men. We didn't even give them a sniff. I'm looking forward to this, and hoping it doesn't come down to individual brilliance, which means them not us, or some crappy decision that real VAR would reverse but VAR on trial will only point out. No live TV cameras, which should help too. No need for Probert to "protect the PL brand".

Good news about Shelvey and Ritchie.

What is this nonsense? Just because it's not shown live in the UK doesn't mean it's not shown to millions and millions of people around the world :lol: It's the main match over here tomorrow, pre/post-match studio talk and all.

Yes, I know. I get it live on Dazn myself here in Japan. My point is that games on live in the UK are still higher profile. Referees were famously told to protect the PL brand and it is clear that the vast majority of pundits do so, expecting little clubs to be swatted aside by the establishment. I bet it is easier for refs to not give decisions to the bigger clubs when the TV cameras are not there. With live tv there, any incident will be hyped up as a talking point.

From the reaction I get on here you would think it was just me who felt like that and everything is rosy when in reality a hell of a lot of others do as well. Sure Dave even said he was almost at the stage of wanting us to get beat too?

I hope Lacazette and Aubameyang run riot and expose our bagain bin cast offs and hopefully wake our zombie home support up a bit

Tubes you know damn well that's just complete and utter bullshit.

Sorry, but that's complete bollocks imho. We have been approached 5-6 times by parties willing to buy us, and not one of those was when we were in the Championship.

Yes, they are absolutely falling all over themselves to buy the club. The club will sell....but not at Ashleys current price. As long as were on the gravy train there is very little chance Ashley will sell the goose that lays his golden egg. £20+m golden eggs in the last transfer window alone.

The only thing that matters is not going inside the tip of a ground. Imagine the publicity it would generate with 20,000 marching from the gate up to the gallowgate and not going in at 3pm.

Very easy to do and minimal sacrifice and effort yet people won't do it for some reason. I don't know who I hate more, Ashley or our modern selfish placid match goers

Get it organised then.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’ll be at this one with my 4 year old who likes both Newcastle and Arsenal. I got the tickets for nowt so I’m comfortable going.