Crystal Palace 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 22/09/18 - Post-match from page 14

BlueStar

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Whoever threw that bottle at the palace player is a fucking idiot. At a time when the media seem to be turning in our favour vs Ashley the last thing we need is to get negative headlines for the behaviour of our fans

It's a good point for the situation we are in (Ashley's doing)

If there's one thing Rafa is good at it's grinding out an away clean sheet

Yeah, in the big picture of somehow scraping together 40ish points, it's not a bad result. Painful viewing, but not a bad result. Rafa gets them on the training pitch for a few more days and then we try again.

It's not going to be pretty, so by all means get yourself a second team or watch NFL or another sport. This basket does not deserve all your eggs in it.

What was the opinion on the Joselu penalty shout?

Only saw it on a dodgy, grainy stream so no idea if it should have been one or not

went down like a fanny, i'd be raging

Only saw it on a dodgy, grainy stream so no idea if it should have been one or not

I was in Selhurst Park away end so couldn’t see it at all.

Thanks for that

Happy with that tbh. Defended very well, limited an attacking team to hardly anything, and did it after a very difficult run where we very rarely had the ball. Rot stopped, solid performance, now we just need to start putting things together to increase our possession and crucially, what we do with our possession.

I think we'd be doing that already if we were capable of doing it. The players are either too shite/thick to carry it out, or our formation makes it impossible for this level of footballer.

I think there are certain games where we're certainly capable of doing things with the possession we have. I'd argue that if we weren't we wouldn't be in this league.

I think we lack the pace to hit teams with the long ball effectively, and don't have enough technique to play the ball out with short passing. We are in this league because we are well organised defensively and that is a big plus. I still don't see anything as an attacking force though based on our games so far. We've looked absolutely toothless.

You need more than just being organised defensively to stay in the league. There will be games, even if it's just a handful, where we'll be able to do more. Getting Perez to not play badly is going to be key though imo.

Clean sheets keep you up, Big Sam said so.

My mate was sat opposite in the home stand (neutral fan) and couldn’t believe the passion of our lot. Said every time we even won a throw in the roar was ridiculous.

There was a great period in the second half when we put some strong challenges in right in front of the away end that were celebrated like a goal

Has the t*** who threw the bottle been identified yet?

Looked like Ian W.

Heard Ian W[/member] got chucked out by the stewarts so it could well have been him. If it wasn't him my money is on Stifleaay[/member]

Looked like Ian W.

Heard Ian W[/member] got chucked out by the stewarts so it could well have been him. If it wasn't him my money is on Stifleaay[/member]

:lol:

Not guilty, I was way back in row 41 where you can hardly see the pitch.

Two wrongs don't make a right etc but forgot about this

The bottle-throwing incident claimed the post-match coverage but a precedent was set at this ground in February 2015 when Fabricio Coloccini was hit by a coin thrown from a home section. No action was taken against Palace or the individual.

Looked like Ian W.

:lol:

Not guilty, I was way back in row 41 where you can hardly see the pitch.

Nor me. I was at home.

In all seriousness I hope whoever it was is found and dealt with ASAP, no place for it in football.

Two wrongs don't make a right etc but forgot about this

The bottle-throwing incident claimed the post-match coverage but a precedent was set at this ground in February 2015 when Fabricio Coloccini was hit by a coin thrown from a home section. No action was taken against Palace or the individual.

I know it was someone in our end, however surely it is Crystal Palace who are responsible for keeping the crowd in control?

Never a pen.

Just watched the highlights now, looked a pen to me. Tomkins tugged Joselu's forearm, it was only a slight tug, but enough to delay Hozza just enough to stop him thundering in a diving header. Robbed.