Newcastle United vs Leicester City - 29/09/2018 @ 15:00 - No UK TV

HaydnNUFC

Dubravka

Yedlin Lascelles Fernandez Dummett

Ritchie Shelvey Diame Kenedy

Murphy

Muto

Feel that the defence and midfield picks itself but would like to try something different upfront. Looks like Leicester's defence struggle up against pace and if Rondon is out would be a waste of time lumping balls up to Joselu up against Slab Heed.

Have to expect a loss, Leicester are much better than us. That said, we'll keep it tight and deny Vardy etc opportunities to break. So if can somehow create a couple of chances we might get something.

Yet it's only a few months since we looked much better than them on their own ground and they've lost their best player since.

What's gone wrong ?

Diame, Perez, kenedy?

Yeah we did have a few players right on top of their game at that time. Lejeune possibly the biggest difference of all, our defence was outstanding right then and imo he was the main reason for that.

Have to expect a loss, Leicester are much better than us. That said, we'll keep it tight and deny Vardy etc opportunities to break. So if can somehow create a couple of chances we might get something.

Yet it's only a few months since we looked much better than them on their own ground and they've lost their best player since.

What's gone wrong ?

Leicester were on their holidays too. Little chance of catching Burnley or finishing lower than 9th.

Yeah possibly but there were still a few to play and we were excellent.

I was mainly replying to Ian saying they are much better than us. I don't think they are "much" better.

Cue 0-3 defeat  :)

What's gone wrong ?

Leicester were on their holidays too. Little chance of catching Burnley or finishing lower than 9th.

I was mainly replying to Ian saying they are much better than us. I don't think they are "much" better.

The main difference in these games is usually goals. They have Vardy and Iheanacho, both who score quite reliably. We have got Joselu and Perez as it stands, so at the moment I'd say they are significantly better where it counts.

What's gone wrong ?

I’d say they’ve got a much better set of full-backs, keeper & centre-backs are at least on par if not better, their midfield is more dynamic and mobile, in Maddison they have someone more creative than anyone we have, and all of their strikers would be our first choice. They’re easily better imo.

What's gone wrong ?

I thought they were one of the best teams we played at home last season. Not sure how much difference losing Mahrez has really had on them either as Maddison looks class.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’m slowly coming round to the thought that the deeper we are in the mire come Xmas, i.e a relegation spot, the better it will be all-round for TMG/AO and maybe even Rafa himself who may end up finally being backed. Or more likely sacked and in which case it’s win win win in the fight against Ashley with regards to If Rafa Goes We Go. Urgh... I’m now back to where I was during the Pardew/Carver days. Regardless I can’t see us winning and I don’t think a draw will do us any good at all.

I’m slowly coming round to the thought that the deeper we are in the mire come Xmas, i.e a relegation spot, the better it will be all-round for TMG/AO and maybe even Rafa himself who may end up finally being backed. Or more likely sacked and in which case it’s win win win in the fight against Ashley with regards to If Rafa Goes We Go. Urgh... I’m now back to where I was during the Pardew/Carver days. Regardless I can’t see us winning and I don’t think a draw will do us any good at all.

Welcome to where I was from early August. I was sick of feeling negative and angry though so have been a lot more chilled out this last week trying to forget about it all. I'm still staying away from games just hoping we can scrape enough points to stay up. Least we certainly have something to play for this season oright! One massive scrap for survival

Felt awful not wanting us to win or not been bothered if we won, I have only really been like that late 2014/early 2015 but like you say it's probably for the best as long as we can scrape 17th. What a mess man all I and we want is to be able to go to home games again and support us like a normal club who wants to progress

Come to think of it, Perez doesn't seem to have much of a strike on him either. Just as well him and Joselu do so much work off the ball, because on it, they can barely muster a decent shot on goal between them.

it come to something that we are fucked if the Hoss gets injured  :lol:

this season is turning into an expected shitstorm, Ashley deserves it, Rafa doesnt

One of the main issues with the NUFC squad is that almost none of them can be relied upon to shoot at goal on a regular basis with any accuracy or power. Players who can hit the target cost big money which is why we don't have any.

Some of Perez's efforts on goal are an embarassment a 10 year old kid could strike the ball harder, the guy is incredibly weak a complete fucking pansy really

Guest neesy111

If available I would start the same team we went with against Palace, its our best team on paper and we need to get our best players gelling together in some sort of consistency.

Rondon still hasn't had a clear run in the side and I can't see any better alternatives to Kenedy even though hes had a dire start, hopefully we can persevere and get the win, then go into the Man Utd game with a bit of confidence and get something there too.

Its still early days but we need to improve our attacking game, at this point a win would probably take us to 13th-15th and out of immediate trouble.

I'd be inclined to agree, but minus Ayoze and a fit Lejeune, probably(On Paper).

But you never know your best side until players play to the best of their ability.

Last season early on Shelvey hadn't quite hit the ground running and everyone wanted him dropped, by January there were still morons claiming he was crap and a bid of 12m from West ham should be accepted if press claims were accurate.It turns out he is one of the most vital players we have, and should no doubt have gone to Russia to represent England.

So what do many of us know about our best team?

People didn't rate shelvey because he was stupidly getting sent off etc and was utterly inconsistent.  Some absolute bullshit is said about him at times by his supporters.