Manchester United vs Newcastle United - 06/10/2018 @ 17:30 (BT)

Jaqen
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Dok82V_W4AAlL9s.jpg?format=jpg&name=orig

But but, s*** fixtures etc etc

You say that like it's not relevant. :lol: I'd like to see any other Championship squads do much better having played Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester, and Man United in 6 of their opening 8 games.

Guest reefatoon

Spurs had the majority of their players away before the season started, it was a first home game of the season and was a great time to play them. Thought we were not too bad in that game actually, but the rest of the home games have been woeful. Chelsea too were a bit up in the air with the new manager coming in (and we always seem to play well and get a result from them, so was a bit disappointing in how we went into that match) (Also, we need to be doing so much better at home, no matter who you play. To have stats that low is very worrying).  I am all for that style away, but i really struggle with it at home, I mean even against Leicester, awful by all accounts. Stats will be that low if you are happy to surrender possession for keeping the score down and it's a bit of a worry.  Last season we finished 10th and it was all down to Rafa, yet this season we are shit and it is all down to the players being championship standard, even though it's basically the same team.  I think everyone needs to shoulder some of the blame, both Rafa and the players for the way we are playing. Rafa seems to have no confidence in them this season and the players seem to be responding to that in their performances, (though we know the blame for the whole mess is down to our owner). We need to build the confidence of these fragile players again and try and get at teams. I was hoping Leicester would have been the game, but it didn't seem to be. It's going to come to the point where we are going to be in desperate need for points and we are going to have to change tact, it just might be a little too late.  Just looking at all those stats is a horrible sight.

Dok82V_W4AAlL9s.jpg?format=jpg&name=orig

But but, s*** fixtures etc etc

You say that like it's not relevant. :lol: I'd like to see any other Championship squads do much better having played Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester, and Man United in 6 of their opening 8 games.

Nope, I meant the opposite. Tired of having to point out how hard our start has been. Probably didn't need the extra "but", apologies.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd fully expect those stats from most teams below the top 6 that have had our fixtures tbh, in fact you could argue that it's impossible that we wouldn't be at the bottom of those tables considering the teams we've played are at the top of those tables, meaning they've therefore done the same things to other teams, it's just that those teams haven't played nigh on all of the top teams, whereas we have.

I thought Cardiff was disappointing and ahead of Arsenal I fancied us, but I think our season properly starts after Man United tbh. The worry I have is that you can't just turn how you play on and off, and the players are very much in the habit of being well-organised, sitting back, working hard, and still getting beaten by undoubtedly superior teams. The hope I have though, is in the fact we haven't been dicked by anyone and therefore there's less reason to be at a low ebb than we would have been with those fixtures under another manager.

Agree that the confidence is low and that that needs to be worked on though. I think that's probably the most important part of all of this tbh, because the organisation's still there, but on the ball we've been really poor.

Guest reefatoon

I'd fully expect those stats from most teams below the top 6 that have had our fixtures tbh, in fact you could argue that it's impossible that we wouldn't be at the bottom of those tables considering the teams we've played are at the top of those tables, meaning they've therefore done the same things to other teams, it's just that those teams haven't played nigh on all of the top teams, whereas we have.

I thought Cardiff was disappointing and ahead of Arsenal I fancied us, but I think our season properly starts after Man United tbh. The worry I have is that you can't just turn how you play on and off, and the players are very much in the habit of being well-organised, sitting back, working hard, and still getting beaten by undoubtedly superior teams. The hope I have though, is in the fact we haven't been dicked by anyone and therefore there's less reason to be at a low ebb than we would have been with those fixtures under another manager.

Agree that the confidence is low and that that needs to be worked on though. I think that's probably the most important part of all of this tbh, because the organisation's still there, but on the ball we've been really poor.

I agree with you, the start has been the worst I have ever witnessed and what you say is right. We just need the players to try and lift the mood for everyone after Man Utd, as it has caused so much disillusionment. We need to get out of the rut as soon as.

Spurs had the majority of their players away before the season started, it was a first home game of the season and was a great time to play them. Thought we were not too bad in that game actually, but the rest of the home games have been woeful. Chelsea too were a bit up in the air with the new manager coming in (and we always seem to play well and get a result from them, so was a bit disappointing in how we went into that match) (Also, we need to be doing so much better at home, no matter who you play. To have stats that low is very worrying).  I am all for that style away, but i really struggle with it at home, I mean even against Leicester, awful by all accounts. Stats will be that low if you are happy to surrender possession for keeping the score down and it's a bit of a worry.  Last season we finished 10th and it was all down to Rafa, yet this season we are shit and it is all down to the players being championship standard, even though it's basically the same team.  I think everyone needs to shoulder some of the blame, both Rafa and the players for the way we are playing. Rafa seems to have no confidence in them this season and the players seem to be responding to that in their performances, (though we know the blame for the whole mess is down to our owner). We need to build the confidence of these fragile players again and try and get at teams. I was hoping Leicester would have been the game, but it didn't seem to be. It's going to come to the point where we are going to be in desperate need for points and we are going to have to change tact, it just might be a little too late.  Just looking at all those stats is a horrible sight.

We can have a go against the better teams because there is nothing to lose, we would probably get beat anyway. My worry is that we will have a go against the less good teams and lose to them as well. 90% of the teams in the division have better strikers than us. It's like going into a gun fight with a knife.

We can have a go against the better teams because there is nothing to lose, we would probably get beat anyway. My worry is that we will have a go against the less good teams and lose to them as well. 90% of the teams in the division have better strikers than us. It's like going into a gun fight with a knife.

Spot on

I agree with you, the start has been the worst I have ever witnessed and what you say is right. We just need the players to try and lift the mood for everyone after Man Utd, as it has caused so much disillusionment. We need to get out of the rut as soon as.

That won't lift the dissilusionment though! Only one thing will

The tough fixtures list component to our poor start simply can't be reasonably or feasibly ignored imo. There is much you can criticise, however, we haven't been good enough pretty much in every area of the pitch, but those criticisms cannot be separated from the reality of the difficulty in teams faced. Other than 2 of them, they're all superior to us at present and we're yet to be dismantled by any of them imo. That's not playing down our obvious problems which are: lack of creativity, end product and general productivity with the ball. The players will know this.

Guest covmag

some posters just can't wait to blame Rafa.............howay man.

Pep, heres a quid to spend on sweets

Rafa here's 5p to spend on sweets

Who will have the most sweets?

O0