Miguel Almirón

Deuce

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Would hope we were looking at someone younger, who wouldn't require us to spend all the leeway an Almiron sale would give us ffp wise.

So do I to be honest. Also not sure how hungry and motivated he would be after leaving Barca. 

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Happy days.

Surprised if he gets moved on this window, like. But he's needed upgraded for a while now. 

Me too tbh, but we’re definitely having a good go at offloading.

7 minutes ago, Begbie said:

acoording to transfermarkt he is worth €30M. We should get in the €40-50m range, and Spurs and Liverpool will be going totally mad about it, but I cant see PL stepping in to do something about it. 

Salah is worth €65m according to transfermarkt and they got an offer for £150m

ASM went for 15% less than his marketvalue on transfermarkt. That would be a pretty big difference to his sale.

7 minutes ago, Begbie said:

acoording to transfermarkt he is worth €30M. We should get in the €40-50m range, and Spurs and Liverpool will be going totally mad about it, but I cant see PL stepping in to do something about it. 

Salah is worth €65m according to transfermarkt and they got an offer for £150m

You realise the Transfermarkt figures are just the best guess of some German lads? They don’t know any more than us about what transfer fees are actually paid, what weekly wages of players are, or what their ‘market value’ is. 

Wow!! This come out of the blue.. 

Personally, I think we look a lot better when he is in the team, having said that I trust the management, and if he does go look forward to seeing who his replacement is.

We'd definitely need a replacement like, even if it was a stopgap. You need at least 4 wingers as it's the first position you need to use the bench to refresh, and they're the most likely to get knackered with all the pressing they do. 

Miggy is going to be like good health, we won't miss him till he's gone.

I definitely have a sentimental attachment to him as a player that goes beyond what he directly contributes on the pitch (that halfwitted smile), but I do think he would be devastating from the bench next season or in games where we need to close down a dangerous winger.  For all his faults you could have made a good case for him being our MOTM against both City and Sunderland, he just harried people all over the pitch.

I like having him in the squad but fuck me am I sick to death of him not using his right foot. He's too predictable for the PL and as someone has already said, as soon as his legs start to go he'll be like the second coming of Matt Ritchie.

If we're getting circa £30m for him I can certainly see how it benefits the club going forward. In our 1st choice 11 he's the weakest link currently so needed upgrading to further improve our long term aims. I do, however, think he's the perfect sub to come on for the last half hour in tight games so we'll definitely miss him.

1 hour ago, JonBez comesock said:

Snippets I have heard 

miggy - was due for Saudi this summer (brought it foward to help ffp in this window to get a midfielder)

trippier - also Saudi bound in the summer (Bayern Munich interest has changed things) 

could go depending on how much they offer

wilson - arsenal, atletico , plus 1 other club interest 

Wilson is happy at nufc though , very settled / kids now settled

was rushed back to play when Isak was injured , played two games in quick succession and wasn’t fit enough to do that 

Very interesting info. Thanks for sharing :thup:

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

How’s your source for all of this? 

Mr Comesock has legit links to the playing side of NUFC via his family, he's spoken about who that person is when sharing other info in the past

Edited by bobbydazzla

7 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

You realise the Transfermarkt figures are just the best guess of some German lads? They don’t know any more than us about what transfer fees are actually paid, what weekly wages of players are, or what their ‘market value’ is. 

Not completly true, but you sound like an expert, so what is his market value? Please let us know how you come to that conclusion. 

Transfermarkt is possible the most accurate site out there atm. Also you have to take into account the value in todays market and if the club wants to sell their assets, if they dont want to sell the buyer have to pay over market value. The site is a nice indicator and can be used as a reference to get the high price want. I really hope we are not selling him on cheap like we did with ASM. 

1 hour ago, JonBez comesock said:

Snippets I have heard 

miggy - was due for Saudi this summer (brought it foward to help ffp in this window to get a midfielder)

trippier - also Saudi bound in the summer (Bayern Munich interest has changed things) 

could go depending on how much they offer

wilson - arsenal, atletico , plus 1 other club interest 

Wilson is happy at nufc though , very settled / kids now settled

was rushed back to play when Isak was injured , played two games in quick succession and wasn’t fit enough to do that 

I’ve heard the trippier to Saudi one as well. 

One thing I will say of Miggy he's one player who is known in the States. I bumped into a US football fan when on holiday and he knew all about Newcastle because of Miggy. So don't discount his commercial appeal abroad.

20 minutes ago, Erikse said:

ASM went for 15% less than his marketvalue on transfermarkt. That would be a pretty big difference to his sale.

Yet all those cunts led by that cunt klopp were gannin on as if we'd done something underhand....

Then the bag of vomit gans and flogs 3 cloggers to the Saudi league and pockets a nice wad to splurge on an embarrassment of riches. So much for his ceiling the absolute cunt

6 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

He’s close to him…

Aye, in terms of Miggy, there’s probably no journo more reliable.

So I’d say Jacobs is in the mud on this.