Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Hopefully we get as much as possible for him and every other club is spitting feathers (despite other clubs gaining Saudi coin to flog their deadwood). Fuck them, they've tried every trick in the book to stop us progressing as a club, let them cry!

Am I the only one who thinks £30m is a fair price for him? Given he has 14 Premier League goals and 3 assists in a season and a half, and is a regular for a club that got in the Champions League last season.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Am I the only one who thinks £30m is a fair price for him? Given he has 14 Premier League goals and 3 assists in a season and a half, and is a regular for a club that got in the Champions League last season.

The only person who has think it isn’t who is tcd who I actually have no issues with :lol:

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

The only person who has think it isn’t who is tcd who I actually have no issues with :lol:

It's a tricky one, and completely depends where we sell him. I don't think he'd be worth £30m to another PL team, and I don't think a team in Europe could afford it. However, I think it's perfectly fair in an inflated Saudi market.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

It's a tricky one, and completely depends where we sell him. I don't think he'd be worth £30m to another PL team, and I don't think a team in Europe could afford it. However, I think it's perfectly fair in an inflated Saudi market.

Well reasoned take :thup:

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

Only in Saudi land. I thought there was a slim chance we could con someone like Forest for money approaching that last summer for exactly the reasons you've stated, but our negotiating position has weakened since then.

This is only worth doing if we can reinvest quickly. 8 Days left on the window, so we're going to need to get rid of Almiron and get his replacement (who'll have to be available) without panicking or leaving us with Murphy as the only right winger. Cant see it.  

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

This is only worth doing if we can reinvest quickly. 8 Days left on the window, so we're going to need to get rid of Almiron and get his replacement (who'll have to be available) without panicking or leaving us with Murphy as the only right winger. Cant see it.  

I think it shows he's definitely gone in summer, although I do worry how many extra millions that loses us. I don't think we'll sign a replacement in this window either way though. 

17 minutes ago, 54 said:

I think it's a great price for him. He's 29 and very hit & miss. I'd absolutely snap anyone's hand off for that kind of fee, if i was the board

3 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

The fact Manchester United are asking for £50 million for Anthony from Saudi clubs must mean surely we should be asking for the same for Almiron if not more 

He's 6 years older though?

would hate if the Saudi clubs would help a direct rival by offering 40-50m each for their two huge flops Antony and Sancho. that would be such a big help for them financially, FFP wise.

let them stick around at Man United for years and have them pay their high salaries (Sancho alone is on 325K a week lol) while loaning them out paying part of their salary rather than having them off the wage list and huge transfer fees pocketed from Saudis.

fucking hell Saudi league have to help us not Man United.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Sounds like he's off, if not now then in the summer.

Ideal situation for me is we get whoever we need in this window, Miggy stays for the last part of the season and fires us in to the top 6, deal made end of the year with Saudi club for the same money we'd have got if he'd went this January, Miggy says his goodbyes at the Brighton game (Home win, Miggy goal) to Wor Miggy flags everywhere. 

If you remove emotion from the situation, he has 6 assists (yes I know that’s just one metric), in 165 PL games.

On average he’s just nowhere near good enough to be a regular top six starter, but as always the key question is ‘who replaces him’? I’d rather keep him if we don’t have a ready made replacement coming in and we’d be mad to sell him with no one coming in (as he has managed to avoid the injury curse thus far) 

Guest reefatoon
9 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Ideal situation for me is we get whoever we need in this window, Miggy stays for the last part of the season and fires us in to the top 6, deal made end of the year with Saudi club for the same money we'd have got if he'd went this January, Miggy says his goodbyes at the Brighton game (Home win, Miggy goal) to Wor Miggy flags everywhere. 

Soppy cunt [emoji38]