Miguel Almirón

Deuce

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Thanks.

Some surprisingly low numbers in there. I know it's "league only", but still. Only 13 players to score 50, which given three 15+ goal seasons pretty much gets you there is less than I expected.

Maybe strikers getting 15+ with any regularity is far less common than I thought but I'm my mind I'd have expected our top scorer to be there or there about most seasons.

12 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Thanks.

Some surprisingly low numbers in there. I know it's "league only", but still. Only 13 players to score 50, which given three 15+ goal seasons pretty much gets you there is less than I expected.

Maybe strikers getting 15+ with any regularity is far less common than I thought but I'm my mind I'd have expected our top scorer to be there or there about most seasons.

Since Shearer retired, we've only had a striker hit 15 Premier League goals once.

58 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Pretty sure I would have slapped anyone pre-season that said we would be top 5 at this stage of the season and Almiron would have been our top scorer 

:bong:

Same sort of tally as the likes of Saka, Mitrovic and Salah too. 

Bringing Miggy off the bench, you’re always going to get that industrious running, but now we’re in a place where he’ll be chomping at the bit to get back in and start Friday night. He won’t be certain of the start, so he scored his goal and impressed and put himself forefront of Eddies mind. Thought his sub appearance was typical of the squads mindset, take the rest but be ready to go if called upon. Lascelles did it last week even knowing he wouldn’t start yesterday. The squads in a really good spot mentally and have been for a long while now, FA Cup blip aside. 

His goal return is astonishing considering what we've seen in the years prior. I thought he'd improve under a better manager but it's still nuts - this is the lad who was struggling to get them on target nevermind looking like scoring.

Super pressing when he came on as well. We're not blessed with lots of wing talent but we have some fantastic willing runners there.

An interesting site, but very odd that they're including goals scored in the WW2 Northern League in goal tallies, which is a bit bonkers and undermines it all a bit as nowhere credible counts these goals or appearances as "official".

It even says:

This list represents players who have made at least one appearance for the first team in a competitive game. Appearances, goals, etc., attained in friendly and/or pre-season games and competitions are not counted for the purposes of the statistics presented here.

And then goes on to count them anyway. They need to change that, nobody else counts those except as uncompetitive/friendly matches.

Edited by Chris_R

9 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

An interesting site, but very odd that they're including goals scored in the WW2 Northern League in goal tallies, which is a bit bonkers and undermines it all a bit as nowhere credible counts these goals or appearances as "official".

It even says:

And then goes on to count them anyway. They need to change that, nobody else counts those except as uncompetitive/friendly matches.

Ah, I didn't spot that - mind, I can't think it makes too much difference to the list overall.

2 minutes ago, Jinky said:

Ah, I didn't spot that - mind, I can't think it makes too much difference to the list overall.

Well it's got Milburn as our record all-time goalscorer, so it can't even get the top 2 right. :lol:

Interesting site though, and if they can sort that then it'll be a useful resource.

Edited by Chris_R

I don't disagree, I just think if it's your own site you don't say how excellent it is. You leave that for others to say, whether you're openly stating it's your site or whether you're just quietly putting it out there it makes no difference. Don't blow your own trumpet.

That's why I didn't think it was his site, because I'd find it very odd if it were and he was saying how great it was.

Edited by Chris_R

2 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I don't disagree, I just think if it's your own site you don't say how excellent it is. You leave that for others to say, whether you'd stating it's your site or whether you're just quietly putting it out there it makes no difference. Don't blow your own trumpet.

That's why I didn't think it was his site, because I'd find it very odd if it were and he was saying how great it was.

It's not my site.....

...looks like he's trying to monetise it......wonder if he's had much success?

Probably too niche to monetise to any great extent, something like that can only ever be a hobby, there's simply not the market to make a living from it unless it was a small part of something much bigger. Even die-hard Newcastle fans will only need to go there occasionally. But no harm in him trying to sell a few things to keep the server costs at least partly paid, that makes sense.

Also it's quite offputting to prevent people highlighting/copy and pasting text. Feels a bit small-time, and likely to dissuade people from using it as a regular resource. I get protecting your work, but almost no site does that, in fact I can think of no other at all. That said, I did copy and paste the quote in a previous post out of sheer pettiness on my part by right-clicking and going to "View page source", and copying from there. Plus people can use Windows features like the Snipping Tool (Possibly the greatest Windows tool!) to just grab any portion of any screen as a picture anyway with about 3 seconds of effort:

image.png.c14c9e96d2b8f02cec2336282d3fb900.png

so disabling copy and paste is just a dick move and genuinely likely to dissuade me from going there much, it just feels a bit off.

But like I've said, it's an otherwise interesting site and is pretty well done overall, and looks very comprehensive. It has potential as a very valuable resource, with a couple of tweaks.